News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Wolfwood, Mihoshi and Kiyone: Strength in Numbers!

Started by Bean Bandit, December 02, 2002, 01:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bean Bandit

OOC: Wolfwood

IC: Vash nodded, oddly serious.

"You have to be very precise," he cautioned. "Those things aren't vulnerable in many places, and there's a little girl around here who could get caught with a riccochet, or a wild shot. Are you up to it?"
---
I love the games I've played here.

Ginnezumusha

"Why didn't you mention the girl before?  If thats the case, then we should switch jobs, as I'll have some leeway to work with if I aim slightly off."

CyMage

Kiyone eeped as she was dragged off.

As Mihoshi pulled her along, she took a couple quick shots at the sensor on the top of the thing, then followed her partner.
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Bean Bandit

OOC:

IC:

Vash smiled and nodded cheerfully. "No problem. By the way, the armor on these patrol units is weakest in the head area. Even if you don't disable it, that's where they keep the sensor that detects things than radiate heat, so aim for them, if you can."
---

Ginnezumusha

"Ok, then... on the count of three."

"One."

"Two."

Ginn cocks his pistols.

"THREE!"

Ginn shifts to the right a bit, before springing up and firing at one of the robots on the side.

Bean Bandit

OOC: M+K
Scene music! 'Brimful of Asha (Fatboy Slim remix) - Cornershop. Everybody dance!

IC:

As Kiyone was dragged off and fired her shots, the first shot went wild, a burst of light erupting from the muzzle of the GP issue blaster, and carving a deep, scorching groove in the metal of the ceiling.

The second was a bit low, but the struck the robot in the neck. The white hot beam was a level of technology that the robot was ill equipped to deal with, and met absolutely NO resitance from the metal of the robot's neck. The blast sheared off the head, which exploded in a shower of sparks...stopping the robot dead.
---

calendar

Calendar looked behind her, hearing the shots.  Seeing the damage to the robot, she blinked.  She blinked again.

"That... was very lucky."
 Princess_Herb turns into the sexy girl soldier, Sailor_Dragon
*** Princess_Herb is now known as Sailor_Dragon
* Unseen is vaguely creeped out
<Calendar> Only vaguely?

CyMage

"Yeah."

With that Kiyone looked at her weapon.  "Though it seems these things are fairly powerful too."

Keeping the blaster in hand, Kiyone started looking for the exit once more.

Bean Bandit

OOC: M+K

IC: Kiyone saw that they had ended up near an access door directly beneath the mezzanine level of the area, and there were no other doors in her line of sight. Though this didn't really mean anything as the obstacles and pillars scattered about the large room could easily have blocked them from sight.

Even as they took in their surroundings, they could hear the distant clank of more or the robots making their way to the area where the one Kiyone had destroyed was...
---

Bean Bandit

OOC: Wolfwood! Music for this scene is 'Breathe' - Prodigy

IC: Vash seemed startled by Wolfwood jumping out of hiding.

"Eep! Hey, wait!"

Despite being the first time with this particular set of guns, they fit in Wolfwood's hands as though he'd been handling them for years. The bullet slammed into the small laser cannon mounted beneath the sensor, blowing to pieces...and taking the sensor with it.  As the spidery robot, blinded, slowed to a stop and powered down, all the others began turning toward him, their weapons systems humming.

Vash, who had watched the whole thing from his cover, grinned and shrugged to himself.

"That's no ordinary priest...Ah, well...at least he can take care of himself..." Vash's eyes narrowed as the robots began to move toward Wolfwood.

"Can't be helped, I guess." he shrugged. "Time to go." The blond man leapt out of his hiding spot, drawing his gun as he landed and began to slide down the dune seperating the two men and the mass of mechanical foes.

Somehow, he managed to keep his balance as he slid, footsurfing down the dune. There was a single loud, but oddly elogated report from his giant revolver...and the heads of three of the robots blew apart, in a shower of glass and wiring...
---

CyMage

Cy headed for the door and looked for any opening mechanisms as he approached.  He also took note of how the door possibly opened.

calendar

Calendar followed her partner to the door, looking around again when they reached it to see if anything else was revealed when they looked from another direction.
 Princess_Herb turns into the sexy girl soldier, Sailor_Dragon
*** Princess_Herb is now known as Sailor_Dragon
* Unseen is vaguely creeped out
<Calendar> Only vaguely?

Ginnezumusha

Taking Vash's distraction in stride, Ginn ducked back behind the dune and started moving around the other robots.

Wow... I haven't fired a gun in months, and I managed to hit?  Hmmm...

Not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, Ginn popped up in a different spot, took aim at another outer robot, and fired a couple of shots.

Bean Bandit

OOC: M+k

IC:

Kiyone noted that the door had a simple metal knob, and, judging by the placement of the hinges, it swung outward.

Mihoshi's examination of the large room didn't turn up anything new, but she did note a strange gleaming inside the glass cases surrounding them.

As they moved to the exits, the sound of marching robots grew louder....
---

Bean Bandit

OOC: Wolfwood.

IC:

Wolfwood's luck wasn't all good, though. His second shot slammed into the base of the robot's head, snapping it back and staggering it back a few paces, but not stopping it, as the third slammed into it's armored carapace.

After staggering slightly, the robot moved forward toward his cover again, and so did another, swerving off it's patrol route...

In the distance, Vash was busy dodging lasers, occasionally dispatching another of the robots, systematically wearing them down...

---