News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Wolfwood, Mihoshi and Kiyone: Strength in Numbers!

Started by Bean Bandit, December 02, 2002, 01:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bean Bandit

Kiyone and Mihoshi noted bright flashes in front of their eyes as the alternate dimensional lab they had been in faded from sight.

After they blinked the brightness from their eyes, they noted that...they were in another large, metallic room, though this one looked more like a complex. The room, if it could be called that, was immense. There were glass domes of all shapes and sizes nearby, as though some sort of hydroponic work was being done here. The ceiling was very high, almost the size of an arena, with catwalks crisscrossing the area above them, and surrounded by mezzanine levels above the walls of the bay.

The faint sound of mechanical footsteps alterted them that they weren't alone...

<---->

Vash and Wolfwood approached the sand dune cautiously, slowing their steps as they heard a distinct whirring of servos and the sounds of patrolling footsteps thudding along the sand....
---
I love the games I've played here.

calendar

Calendar looked around to check for Cy.  "Are you okay?!"

OOC:  Sorry, guys.  I've been grounded.  I'll try to sneak on, and go to my friend's houses... but I'll still only have a tiny bit of time to post.  But next week, my dad starts working nights, and the grounding will no longer be enforced.
 Princess_Herb turns into the sexy girl soldier, Sailor_Dragon
*** Princess_Herb is now known as Sailor_Dragon
* Unseen is vaguely creeped out
<Calendar> Only vaguely?

CyMage

"Yeah.  As ok as possible in our situation.  I don't think this is either Heaven or Hell so we're not dead which is a plus."

As he was speaking, Cy looked around for the source of the footsteps.
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

calendar

"Do... do you think we should hide?"

Her hands were clasped tightly as she spoke, and then she reached up to push a strand of hair behind her ears.  Her other hand fell down just past her hip, and she noted the tightness of the cloth that strapped her gun to her leg.  It was still there in case she needed it.  "Do you still have your gun?"
<Calendar> Only vaguely?

CyMage

Kiyone patted the spot where she hid her blaster and found it still there.  "It's still there and you're right about hiding.  Lets find something."

With that she began looking for a hiding spot.

Bean Bandit

OOC: M+K.

IC: There were numerous places to hide in the main room, as glass cannisters, taller than either of them were tightly packed around the large arena-like lab, interspersed with large metal pillars.

Even as they looked for a place to hide, the sounds of metallic footsteps drew nearer. Either there were several marching in unision, or one with many legs...
---

CyMage

Kiyone grabbed Mihoshi by the arm and dragged her behind one of the matal pillars, then waited for the footsteps to stop.

calendar

Trembling, because she hated being scared, Mihoshi leaned against Kiyone.  She opened her mouth to say something, but then thought better of it.  What if they heard her?
<Calendar> Only vaguely?

CyMage

Almost as an afterthought, Kiyone pulled her blaster out, and idly made sure it was ready for use.

calendar

Mihoshi blinked, and pulled up her skirt to reveal the blaster still tied around her leg.  Pausing a moment, she let go of her skirt and let it fall back down, blaster untouched.  It was always best to have a surprise element, right?
<Calendar> Only vaguely?

Bean Bandit

OOC: M+K

IC: From their hiding place, Mihoshi and Kiyone were fully concealed from view, yet they could see the source of the footsteps come into view.

A metallic snail shell, mounted on six suprisingly dextrous robotic legs, making it look like a bizarre new breed of insect.

The 'snail shell' body itself was upside down, the protruding end tipped with an odd-looking, flexible head that was slowly scanning the area with what looked like a largish sensor...
---

CyMage

Kiyone took note of the two joints on each leg, then pulled back behind the pillar and waited.

Bean Bandit

OOC: Wolfwood.

IC: After a moment or two of slowly creeping up on the sand dune, Vash and Wolfwood lay against it, using it as cover. Vash had taken a small knife from his boot and was using it as a mirror to see over the top of the sand dune.

"Looks like ten of them," Vash said murmured. "And it's flat, so there's no cover there..." He trailed off and grimaced, clutching his stomach.
---

Ginnezumusha

"Errr... you ok there?  Are you sleepy?  Dizzy?  Gassy?  It's gas, isn't it.  I just know it is..."

Bean Bandit

OOC: Wolfwood

IC: Vash shot Wolfwood an annoyed look though the grimace.

"My stomach hurts." he complained.
---