News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Favorite RPG event?

Started by advanced adept, December 05, 2002, 09:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

advanced adept

was there ever an event in a RPG that seemed special to you? An event that got stuck in your mind after the event was done and would Replay itself over and over?

an event that stayed with me was Cyan discovering his Wife and Child dead  after the poisoning of Doma castle.

another is where Cyan has got off the Phantom train and sees his dead family members board the train.. the train takes off and Cyan runs after it calling for it to wait but it speeds up and leaves the screen. Cyan stands at the edge  of the screen and bows his head as the train blows it's horn one last time and the screen  turns dark.

both of the above are from FF3[US].

Can you think of any?

[FL if this is outta line Lock it  please.]
amp;ltMcMoo&gt An infinite number of monkeys, on an infinite number of typewriters, will eventually produce the collected works of Shakespeare. John Romero's Daikatana was a ten-minute, five-monkey job.

Carthrat

The bit in Baldurs Gate 2 where Edwin gets turned into a woman.

That was FUNNY- especially when he talks to the elf in the Copper Coronet... dammit, I'm gonna play the game again just for that scene.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

thepanda

FF6

The entire opera house song/battle. To this day I still hum that song at moments of great drama.

Chrono Trigger

The game ending after you've reached the future and die. That's one hell of a way to say you're dead. ^_^;

Hm. Will probably add more later.

Carthrat

Carthrat has orchestrated and dance remixes...

Since FF6 is on the topic, I'd say the best scene out of that is probably when (small spoiler here- read at own risk)

Figaro submerges itself to get away from the empire. I was wondering why a castle needed cooling fans, but that rocked.

Dracos

Drac has the entire opera on mp3, a beautiful 30 something minute piece.

FF4...Zemus ^_^

'nuff said.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Aerith's Death, FF7

Mostly because I really like Aerith. Bad Square, bad!

Level 99 of the Ancient Cave, Lufia 2

After a month or so of trying, I finally made it to the bottom of that damned cave.  What dread creature awaited me?  A Red Slime. It was the size of most the battle screen, and called itself the 'Master of all Jellies'.  A curveball I won't soon forget.

Although, perhaps it was just as well.  After Golden Dragons, I don't want to see what they would make that could be worse than them.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Did you kill the Master of all jellies on your first go?  The four(five?) round limit was quite annoying the first time when I played a touch defensive ^^;;

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Nope.  I wasted time trying to cast Courage and set up a defense. -_-

That sucked.
<Afina> Forever.

advanced adept

a funny event I just remembered..

In BG1 there is a Peasent named Noober that follows you around and never shuts up.

Blowing up the Crap filled well was pretty funny in FO2, especially if you couldn't escape the blast and were tossed up the well.
amp;ltMcMoo&gt An infinite number of monkeys, on an infinite number of typewriters, will eventually produce the collected works of Shakespeare. John Romero's Daikatana was a ten-minute, five-monkey job.

Carthrat

In BG2 there was another peasent called Neeber who does the same. @_@

Anastasia

Hmm...

Legend of Mana, Lucemia

I just got a kick out of climbing up a undead, gargantuan wyrm.  Irwin was a dissapointment as a boss, but it was a damn fun area.

And the boss music was great, too.

Suikoden 2 - Nanami's 'Death'

I admit, I don't like Nanami.  But, I found her death scene to be well done. Riou's body language somehow said it all as he held her.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

I luv Nanami's character design...  And found her death scene to be awesomely done.  ^_^

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

I can't stand her myself.  She wouldn't be so annoying if she could fight well OR if she didn't force herself into your party so damn often.

Yeah...I'm not big on the silent hero routine, but it worked better there than any words could have.
<Afina> Forever.

Serafita

Grandia II... when a certain party member dies in buying time for the others to escape.

The music at that moment, plus the Geohound and android screaming out... ;_;

Oh, and FF6, Shadow's flashbacks, plus, his 'advice' to Terra/Tina on the matters of love.  ^_^