News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

New Oriental Adventures Campaign

Started by yukatado, December 09, 2002, 06:53:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukatado

In about two weeks from today (Sunday, December 08, 2002), I would like to start running an Oriental Adventures third edition D&D game here on Soulriders. There will be a total of five slots open and currently, two of them are filled with a Samurai and a Fighter; therefore, I am not looking for anymore "Fighter" types. However, Monks, Rogues, Mikos / Kanushis (Shamans), Sorcerers, Souheis, or Wu Jens are open.

This takes place right around 1550. Japan's Warring States Period, or Sengoku Jidai (1478 – 1605), has been going on strong and there is lots of nice war and death going on all around you. Various beasties of magical and mythical proportion are popping up and wreaking all kinds of havoc where Samurai are not already. Everyone in the upper echelon is employing ninja for assassination as well as fighting their battles with masses of Samurai.

I will try to keep this pretty historically accurate, so please don't e-mail me with "I want to be an English Knight!" However, in the interest of allowing someone who insists on playing a European, I will allow you to play a cleric: a missionary of the Christian God, since right before this campaign starts Japan has contact with Europe in the form of Christian missionaries (Francis Xavier comes to Japan in 1549, and many Daimyou and their subjects converted (around 50,000 by 1600). Anyway, see the "house rules" for details if you are interested.

I am beginning the campaign at fifth level. I have no problem with you choosing to start at a lower level if you so desire, but do not ask to join any higher! Your ability scores are determined by a 32 point scale: (Score=Cost) 8=0, 9=1, 10=2, 11=3, 12=4, 13=5, 14=6, 15=8, 16=10, 17=13, 18=16, etc . . .

If you do not have an OA Book, please contact myself or Dracos, or better yet, buy one.

Please e-mail me with your character sheet at yukatado@hotmail.com

Attached are the House Rules and a sample character sheet.

yukatado

And here is the Sample Character Sheet. I would like them done in this manner, please.

yukatado

Okay, we have a Samurai, a Fighter, a Rogue and a Wu Jen. There will be no more non-magical, non-healer's accepted. Conversely, this is an all call for anyone who wishes to play either a cleric or shaman in an OA campaign.

yukatado

Okay, I'm almost ready to start this thing so, in the mean time, feel free to study the map provided... I  handily found it on-line, but its accurate.

The three of you will be starting in Shimousa. This is the roughly inch-wide area containing Koga.

http://www.mars.dti.ne.jp/~opaku/shogun/map_kanto2.html

Mod Edit: As was stated in the "Hellbeasts" thread.  Please do not post pictures on the forum.  Links are fine.

CM

yukatado

Okay, one of my players, a Fighter just told me that they cannot play, SO, that leaves two posititions to fill.

We already have:
Samurai - Drac.
Wu Jen - CyMage
Rogue - C-Rat