News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

'Rats 3rd ed D&D game..

Started by Carthrat, December 15, 2002, 07:17:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

My slots are Full, so There.

Now, to those of you who havn't rolled stats yet, I'm only gonna let you do so in my presence.

As most of you know, the world-setting is basically post-apocalyptic fantasy. Some idiotic mage manged to blow up the south pole of a fantasy world, and thus, the world is basically a big achipelago. (sp?)

You four players, meeting in whatever circumstances, managed to acquire a ship through means fair or foul, and sailed off to explore/find profit/pirate/privateer/escapeforfearofdeathanddisembowlement.

You've also got a pretty dependable crew who are On Your Side, at least for the start of the adventure.

You people managed to come across a populated island with what seems to be a relatively well-equipped town on it. The RPG basically starts with you either:

A) In the town.
B) Running from the town.
C) Ignoring the town.

We will discuss exactly what you're doing later, but some details for the Here and Now.

Profession: Sailor and Swim are both class skills for all classes. Do take some ranks in them.

One of the PC's is going to have to be Captain of the Boat. Naturally, this guy'd want lots of Charisma, and lots of ranks in Profession: Sailor, Diplomacy, and probably intimidate.

The exact boat you have... well, you'll decide amongst yourselves if you want speed, armour, or lots and lots of cannons.

Yes, cannons ARE around in this world, muskets less so. When firing a musket at someone, though, if you manage to acquire one (and you'll get an opportunity quite quickly,) you roll an attack.

Not damage. I'll say exactly what happens to your unfortunate target.

It's also common sense not to wear much armour on a boat. Clothes way you down. Swimming becomes hard.

Langauges:

Traditional D&D langauges. You never know what'll you'll come across, BTW. @_@

Oh, and Mermanese.

Skills of Note:

Profession: Siege Engineer (Cannon): This isn't an extra skill, technically, but it deserves special mention, for obvious reasons.

Craft: Boat: With regard to making stuff for your boats, naturally.

Knowledge: Strategy and Tactics: For those huge naval battles which you somehow end up in command of.

Feats you May Well possibly be Interesteed In:

To be posted at a later date. >_>

PrC's you May Well possibly be Interested.

Dread Pirate, Duelist, Hydromancer (oh, you'll love that one, people), Lunatic Mage, Admiral, Tiderunner, Dolphin Friend.

One Prestige Class Only, people!

Maximum of Three Classes to multiclass into.

Anyone who picks Ranger has to take at least 5 levels in it. @_@

Magic is Rare. Quite so. If you happen to be a Magic User, the people will blink, stare, and stay away.

One banned class: Monk. Not only is it overpowered, it's also incredibly hard to find a good monastery.

I'm sure you can find justification to be a monk. Get this: I don't give a crap. @_@

Anyway, I really do need to talk to you all at somepoint. At the same time.

Yes, it's a monumental task.

There's also a rather funky weapon I have for you.

Hook: 1d4/x3 damage. Can be used for a disarm check as per improved disarm. Small weapon. Typically attached to the stump of somebodies hand.

I had a couple silly idea about the "Eyepatch of Vecna", but decided that it was a little TOO silly.

Anyway, I do belive the timing is something like this.

Me! GMT+10
CyMage GMT - 5
Olorin GMT - 8
FurrySaint GMT - 5
Skychaser GMT - 10.

Quite a motley bunch we've got here. @_@

So, I'm hoping you can appear at:

CyMage, FurrySaint: 11:00pm
Skychaser: 6:00pm
Olorin: 8:00pm
My Good Self: 2:00pm

The only thing is, work and school and shit can feasibly get in the way...

*shrugs* I'm going to be around #gondolin at 12 o'clock tomorrow morining. Anyone else who can be there would be appreciated, 'cos I need to discuss stuff with you.

If one person can't attend, that's fine, I guess, but I really need to schedule times at whatnot. @_@
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up