News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Test of Drac's gaming knowledge

Started by Ginnezumusha, May 24, 2002, 02:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginnezumusha

Dracos

Do you mean the somewhat fabled Shadowrun pen and paper rpg that I don't believe I've ever found though not for a lack of thirty seconds of searching or the super nintendo rpg Shadowrun, which I glanced at but did not end up playing as the setting type is far from my preferred?

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Rezantis

I suspect he's talking about the pen and paper RPG, in this case.

BTW, you forgot the Genesis RPG, which (as the SNES RPG) is based on the pen & paper universe.  They were very different games, the Genesis version was more action-based while the SNES version was more an adventure type game.

IMO, while the SNES game strikes me as a slightly superior game, the Genesis one was more fun.  But there you go.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Ginnezumusha

Yeah, the pen and paper one.  Supposedly, its suppose to have a really nice system worked out (not like Rifts and its odd MDC system), so I'm trying to research about it.

Its made by the same people that did Battletech (FASA), but that company is now defunct, and they haven't made any books for it for about 5-8 years now, I think.

Ma ii ka...

Dracos

True.  Albeit I never followed the sega rpgs nearly as seriously as I disliked the system in general.

Ah... Graduation DONE.  Now, ... I have to go dicker with the devil tommorow.

Fuck him.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

CyMage

I've actually played Shadowrun a bit sometime in the past.  Still got some books for it.

So I can look it up... Later... >_<

CM
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

tabyk

Having been a ShadowRun player for many years now, I can whole-heartedly say the gaming system isn't any better then "the strange Palladium MDC system" and such... in fact, I would have to say it's a lot more complicated.  Even after several revisions of the rules, it's still a bear to play the second you get into anything involving vehicle/matrix combat and such...
"ZenCrafters!  Total enlightenment... in about an hour."

Rezantis

And the whole matrix thing doesn't make all that much sense...

...c'mon, the truly godly hacker-people use command lines.  GUIs are for wimps.  :P
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Naphtali

FASA is defunt, true, but Shadowrun is alive and well, and even has 3rd Edition rules now.

WizKids LLC own Shadowrun and licensed the Shadowrun RPG to Fantasy Productions GmbH.

The official Shadowrun site is now: http://www.shadowrunrpg.com/
-In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation.  Amen.

Jivia

Actually, any amount of combat in Shadowrun is easy if you've got just one person who knows the rules.  If you've got 2, things get complicated because then there's argueing.  Regular melee, though, was a breeze once you got the hang of it...it also showcased how friggin' insane the characters got(11 actions in a round)!

There's only one thing you don't do in the Shadowrun pen and pencil rpg...don't ever ask to jump...^_^
amp;quot;I'm not evil, just really good at my job.&quot;