Omake Chapter 1-A: Mireille

Started by Bean Bandit, April 02, 2003, 12:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bean Bandit

Kirika frowned slightly, obviously digesting the first point, and thinking on it for a long moment.

"...How did this happen?" she asked, "And when?"

In the background, the muted hum of other conversations were barely audible, and the waiter seemed busy with other customers, for the moment.
---
I love the games I've played here.

Asrana

"I don't know how, my only theory is almost jibberish. As for when, when I woke up on the plane, it was me." Mireille sighed, brushing a strand of blone hair back behind her ears annoyedly.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Bean Bandit

Kirika simply looked even more puzzled. "But...if you're here, where is Mireille?" she asked softly, a hint of worry in her voice.
---

Asrana

"I-I don't know...with this kind of situation, she could be dormant in this body, in the body I used to inhabit, or any number of places between..." she said slowly, shaking her head. "This would involve transfers over either lightyears or entire planes of existence...and thus from my point of view, it involves time space anomolies. Which means Mireille could thoeretically be anywhere..."
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Bean Bandit

"..." Kirika looked mildly disturbed by the prospect, but shook her head slowly.

"Ano...then...if you're not Mireille, who are you?" she asked, tilting her head slightly, a slight anxiety visible in her features.
---

Asrana

"I'm...May, or Mayumi...some would call me something of an otaku, others add weapons obsessed freak to that..." she said, a wry smile crossing her face. "And I'm a fan of yours and Mireille's...in my world, your lives from when you contacted Mireille until Altena's death were an anime series...with the memories to explain all of it..." Mireille sighed, hoping she wouldn't overwhelm Kirika, but Kirika needed to know how she knew what she would know...

Bean Bandit

Kirika blinked, blushing and ducking her head slightly at that, unsure of how to respond.

"..."

Fortunately, at that moment, a waiter came by.

"What can I get for you ladies?"

---

Asrana

Mireille pasted a smile on her face, turning to the waiter. "At the moment, just a pair of cokes...we still need time to decide on what else we'll order." she said, hoping that would get rid of him for a little while.

Bean Bandit

The waiter nodded, making a quick note of the order, and then moving on.

Kirika, however, still looked utterly confused. She had a thoughtful expression, as though she were trying to get it, but couldn't quite manage it...

"...anime...?"
---

Asrana

"Um...where I came from...this was anime. And the story of Kirika, Mireille, Chloe, Altena, and Soldats...that was the anime known as 'Noir'...I acquired it over the internet, and watched it all the way through." Mireille hoped that shed some light for Kirika, but her pessimistic mind doubted such.

Bean Bandit

Kirika's eyes widened at the mention of the name 'Soldats', and she shot a quick glance at the doorway.

"Ano...Be careful about how you say that....May-san?"
---

Asrana

Mireille smiled, nodding. "I know, but listing off all the names is the easiest way to tell you that I know...and I'll answer to May, Mayumi, or Mireille now...so whatever you wish to call me, Kirika-san..." she murmured, closing her eyes and leaning back.

Bean Bandit

Kirika nodded. "I still don't understand this..." she admitted. "Do you have Mireille's memories? or just her body?" she wondered. "And why did you come to Mireille?"
---

Asrana

Mireille sighed. "Just her body, and the knowledge that the anime gave me. And I didn't choose to come to Mireille...I just woke up like this."

Bean Bandit

Kirika frowned. "Hai." she acknowledged. "But I wonder why...." she sighed, and mentally switched trains of thought, concentrating on the problem of the moment.

"We should continue on our trip for now...Ano, I think Mireille has our hotel booking information in her suitcase...if you don't mind?" she said quietly.
---