News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Slayers RPG - Free Discussion

Started by Merc, August 16, 2003, 01:10:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Like Corwin, I'll be trying to run a first time game. This game will be set just following the events of Slayers Next and may ignore some events from Try as the game progresses.

Also, as I'm not certain of the mechanics by which the game will run yet, I'm not presenting you with a storyline, but would like to hear of any interested parties in playing.

Mazoku, Dragons, and Luna are NPCs but feel free to pick anyone else or create a new character. Some available characters: Amelia, Zangulus, Phil, Naga, Sylphiel, and Martina.

Corwin, Ebiris and Ranma007 have already expressed interest, respectively as Lina, Gourry, and Ame...err, Zelgadis. >_>

I'm currently hunting for some RPG guidebook for the Slayers world to try and run by a dice-based system. If you have a pdf, link, or some such to one, please share. Otherwise, I'll just try a diceless system.

Game will be forum-based and IRC gameplay will occur only if I can find a guidebook. I'll probably start it in 2-4 weeks, once I'm settled in school and have decided on mechanics and basic plot.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

thepanda

Sounds interesting. I'm game, though I need to talk to you over IRC.

kpjam

I'll work on a character for this, Oyaji-houshi!
he secret of tomb has been revealed, do nothing!

Merc

*nods to Panda* Already talked to you in IRC. Just figure out if you want Martina or not as per Corwin's joking (or seriousness, he could have been serious, to be fair).

KP-fossil, go for it.

Merc

Player slots are full, baring anybody dropping out. Players are:

Corwin - Lina Inverse
Ranma007 - Zelgadis Graywords
Ebiris - Gourry Gabriev
Rat - Zangalus
Panda - unknown, but possible Martina
KP - original
Asrana - original
Bean - original

EDIT: Okay, I've found a better BESM style Slayers file now (fan made), using references to stuff from other BESM books. I'll be organizing all that info into some text (or html if I have time) chapters for people to look at, as the files are a bit disorganized and assumes the reader has certain BESM books (thankfully, the Sailor Moon book is one of 'em).

From that, we'll just experiment on gameplay, and make changes as needed (feel free to point out why something doesn't make sense or should be added before the game too).

I'll try to have this all ready by next sunday, though I might earlier if I luck out and don't have much to worry about from the first week of classes.

Carthrat

[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Merc

nobody wanted her ^_^;

8 players is more than enough to handle for a beginner GM, so I thought I'd stop there. She will be around as an NPC, though I'm not sure she'll be a major one. We'll see how that turns out.

Carthrat

Hum. And if we're using a system, I might actually make an original character. Not sure, I'll get back to you after I've seen the rulebook. >_>

Ebiris

I'm more shocked at the lack of Naga!

I'd be tempted to play her if I wasn't commited to being Jellyfish Brains... Playing as Gourry gives me license to ask all kinds of dumb questions and it's in character!

Corwin

Playing Naga is more dangerous than playing Gourry.  >_>
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Carthrat

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Carthrat

Oi, Merc. Just so you know, there's no point dividing up attributes and stats (body/stat/mind vs Combat Focus or whatever) 'cos of the Damn Healthy, Strong Soul, and whatever the mind ability is. They effectively cancel each other out, 'cos you also have the defects that reduce stats for them, too. >_>

Effectively, you have 53 points to distribute between stats and attributes. >_> (35+18 = 53)

Asrana

That's 1st edition, Rat. =/

In 2nd Ed BESM, those attributes don't exist.

*waits for Merc to decide if we can use attributes from 1st or if we stick to 2nd*
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Carthrat

It works out the same, in theory. >_>