Welcome to the City of Rome

Started by Dracos, September 03, 2003, 01:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Unfortunately, the trip remained monotonous as they traveled comfortably along the well kept Roman roads.  If they were looking for trouble, this definitely wasn't the route to it.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Trunkyboy

Luciano plods along, always on alert.
riss and I against the world!

Rackham and Nirae get no breaks...

Why, oh why wasn't I born rich?

Dracos

And lo did many such days pass peacefully as they made their way out of roman terratory continuing generally towards the port cities.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Trunkyboy

CyMage

Eventualy the group got to where they had to leave the main road.  Azen double checked his directions, then turned onto the smaller path.

"Well, we're getting closer.  We should also be more careful now as we're more likely to encounter something on this leg of the trip."
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Trunkyboy

Luciano nods and fingers his chain.  Plod, plod, plod.

Dracos

The path was harsher after they left the roman roads, almost seeming to go in some sort of twisted circle...

And encountering a group of wolves that looked hungrily at them from a distance.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Trunkyboy

Unslinging his chain, Luciano waits for the others to let off a few potshots with their bows before charging in.

OCC:  How far is this 'distance' anyway?

Sunhawk

Bran, not having much luck in finding large game to feed an equally large appetite, looks back at the wolves with equal hunger and draws his sword.

CyMage

Azen pulled his ride behind the others and waited for the beasts to close in.  He tried counting them then checked the sides and back in case some tried to get around.  

Two daggers left their sheaths as he prepared for a fight.
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Dracos

The wolves remain in the distance, looking hungrily on.

Azen: You see about twelve wolves.  To your back is plains.  To your sides is hills.  It's pretty barren out here.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Corwin

Cedric unsheathes his sword, and takes a position next to Bran, letting the wolves come to him.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Dracos

The distance is maybe a hundred yards.  The wolves, being wolves, don't charge the party, merely watching from the distance.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Trunkyboy

"Nobody thought to bring a ranged weapon?"  Luciano snorts in disgust and begins advancing slowly, the anticipation of battle enveloping his senses...

Sunhawk

Bran shrugs.  He USED to have a bow, but that had been lost when he was captured.

He pauses and frowns.  Wait... wolves aren't usually man-eaters - not packs, at least.  Loners might sometimes be driven to prey on kept animals, but that's about as close as it gets.  And attacking a group of humans is... absurd.

"Hey... this isn't normal for woves, friends."