IRC Times

Started by Dracos, September 03, 2003, 08:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

We'll still have the occassional session by IRC... BUT...

It'll not be held at those hours ever again.  We'll use this thread to work out a reasonable timeslot.  There's no way I can pull 2-5 am'ers during school time though.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Sunhawk

Lessee...

Fencing Tuesdays and Thursdays 6-11, and I need to crash after (classes start 9 on Wed and Fri)

I have another RPG sunday evenings, and need to crash after for the same reason (9am class monday).

The rest of Tuesday is taken up by classes.

Mon/Wed/Fri I don't have anything beyond morning classes, and Saturday nothing at all.

Trunkyboy

Tell me when, and I'll see what I can do.
riss and I against the world!

Rackham and Nirae get no breaks...

Why, oh why wasn't I born rich?

Dracos

Naturally we'll be having the battle in IRC to keep it from being weeks long.

I'm thinking this saturday, around noonish-oneish my time.  Any thoughts?

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Naturally we'll be having the battle in IRC to keep it from being weeks long.

I'm thinking this saturday, around noonish-oneish my time.  Any thoughts?

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Trunkyboy

Ummmm, make that two-ish central and I can do it.  I also am free late Saturday night, and late Friday evening.

Carthrat

Not gonna happen, that's like 3 am my time. I'm free from about 5pm your time to 7 am your next morning as good starting points. >_>
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

Five PM my time it is then!

^_^

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Trunkyboy

Um, what is 5 in your time?  Around 5 my time (central), I'll be in class until 6:30-ish.

Carthrat

Hum. I might have made a mistake, too. Dammit. You running under Eastern time? In which case, Trunky might have the right idea shoving the hour a bit forward, 'cos I can't be bothered getting up 8am on a Sunday. ^^

Corwin

No idea which times you're talking about. Just FYI.  >_<
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Dracos

G'damn it.

Okay, Six PM EST time.  No later.  Otherwise I'll have to push this back a week as I can't stay up too late this weekend as I have tests to study for that I won't study for if I'm wasted all of sunday.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Corwin

Is EST seven hours before me? So 6pm EST would be 1am, my time? It's gay that I'm the one expected to stay up.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Dracos

Well you see, I don't really care either way.  I, as the GM, am not starting a session later than 6 pm.

So if you guys care to battle it out and figure out some other time earlier that day, it's cool with me, but otherwise the time sticks.  It's not 'gay' or anything like that but simply the fact that I assume you guys don't want to spend twenty weeks juggling schedules to find some idealized weekend when we can all hold it at some sane hour where we combine the collective 16 hour time difference of our group to meet at the same time.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

Realistically, the only way to get IRC sessions happening is for somebody (maybe multiple people) to be up at rediculous hours juggling this with real life and whatnot.

The obvious solution is to run a fight on the forum. Me and Cor have figured that between our schedules, it's the most reasonable option. Drac can make all the rolls himself, he's got our sheets, he can do it. The only problem that comes up with this is initiative order, but that's not much of an issue, because Drac can just list our initiative rolls.

It is doable, people, and meanwhile, an IRC session seems to be too much of a drain on various peoples time.