News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

The Game Thread

Started by Huitzil, October 04, 2003, 02:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

0.14: THE LIGHTHOUSE

Sean quickly moves as closely as he can towards the downed politician, wrecking his memory for the uses of benzotryphtamine and the medical conditions treated with it.

Sean tries to use Medical Science -- Medical Knowledge to recollect what an injection of benzotryphtamine is used for, and what it could do to a healthy or misdiagnosed person. The skill is 17/8/4, and he has a -2 step bonus for his Photo Memory.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Huitzil

Sean rolls a 1 for an Amazing success

You remember that benzotryphtamine is used to treat patients with certain types of heart conditions, usually nasty ones that involve blood being forced into places blood shouldn't go.

However, you know that either the Mechalus is incompetent or he's lying, because benzotryphtamine has no effect if administered in an emergency -- it takes a few weeks of dosaging for it to build up enough in the bloodstream so that it actually does anything.
ee the turtle, ain't he keen?
All things serve the fuckin' Beam.

Bjorn

0.15 THE LIGHTHOUSE

"That don't look good," Finn remarks conversationally.  Hey, they'll probably be haulin' in some medtech soon. She starts to work her way closer to the podium, but pauses and looks back at Harrison.  "Hey, I'm just goin' to see what's happenin' up there.   You wanna come?"

Corwin

0.16 THE LIGHTHOUSE

"Are you sure you want that Kold guy to live?" Sean asks offhandedly, standing amidst the backing reporters. "If you're competent enough to use benzotryphtamine, you would know that it'd have no effect on him. Of course, maybe that's exactly why you're using that...." Sean lets his voice trail off suggestively.

Dracos

0.17 THE LIGHTHOUSE

Beep.  "Mistress Nancy, it might not be safe to intefere."

Zippy is keeping a sharp lookout.  He doesn't like the sudden ruckus.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Prince Herb

0.18 THE LIGHTHOUSE

"Sure," says Nancy, "why don't we rubberneck a little, hon?   They won't let us go anywhere else for a while, so we might as well get our nickel's worth.   Don't worry, Zippy, I'll take care."

Nancy follows Finn deeper into the crowd.

Huitzil

0.19: THE LIGHTHOUSE

The Mechalus looks at Sean with a gaze that could freeze Polyphemus. "I am Mister Cole's personal assistant. I have access to his personal medical records that you cannot claim. If you wish for him to die, by all means, prevent me from aiding him."

Corwin

0.20: THE LIGHTHOUSE

"Does Mr. Cole's personal assistant also have a medical degree, and sufficient knowledge of benzotryphtamine?" Sean asks, used to threatening gazes directed at him by disagreeable patients. He moves closer, saying, "Unless you want your boss to die for real, how about letting me examine him?"

Sean gets as closely as possible to Cole and his assistant, watching the latter carefully.

Bjorn

0.21 THE LIGHTHOUSE

Finn makes it to the front of the crowd in time to hear the exchange between the Mechalus and the doctor, and isn't quite sure what to think, beyond the fact that this is kinda messed up.  She leans a bit closer, trying to see how the suit's doing now that the Mechalus has given some sort of injection.

Finn:  trying to determine what sort of state Cole's in: whether the bleeding/vomiting has gotten better, or if he's just dead.

Dracos

0.22 THE LIGHTHOUSE

Zippy silently followed behind his mistress, keeping a sharp eye out.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Huitzil

0.23 THE LIGHTHOUSE

"I cannot allow you to come any closer." The Mechalus reaches into his jacket and pulls out a sabot pistol, a handcannon with a barrel bore you could fit two or three fingers in. "You have already expressed a desire to harm him, and if you are allowed closer you may attempt to act upon that desire. Stand back, and the Concord will deal with you in time."

thepanda

0.24 THE LIGHTHOUSE

Opium bumps into the back off a human, his mind having been totally focused on the data slate he recent sojourn to the market had allowed him to acquire.

“Oh! Excusemeexcuseme!” he shot off the words in rapid succession. “I really must apologize for this you see sometimes I get a bit carried away with my work, a bit too focused Ramul likes to say, Ramul being my brother, that is, but that is not the point. The point, ah there is a point, is-“ He stops his rapid fire speech when he realizes his intended audience is focusing on something else entirely.  He glances around, trying to see what could attract attention like that.

Opium is trying to ascertain the source of interest.

Ginrai

0.25 THE LIGHTHOUSE

After hearing the initial bout of screams, George turns his attention to its source and sees a huge crowd of people, nearly all of whom look frantic, blocking his sight.

This seems interesting....

Deciding that it wouldn't do any good to try and approach the scene, he instead starts to look for a nearby area that would give him a clear line of sight.

Corwin

0.26: THE LIGHTHOUSE

Home, sweet home. And this was supposed to be a vacation.... "Trying to keep the only person around who could help your boss over there away, while threatening him with a gun, isn't exactly one of your smartest moves," Sean says, careful not to make any threatening motions that would provide the Mechalus an excuse. "But by all means, let's wait for the Concord." He moves back a bit, as requested.

As he steps back, Sean glances at Cole, trying to determine whether medical condition has stabilized, is worsening, or if he's a goner by now.

Huitzil

Cole's stopped twitching, though you don't know if that means he's better or he's dead, since he's facedown and a few meters away you can't tell.