News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Wolf Pack Island

Started by Merc, October 14, 2003, 03:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

The warm campfire crackles as the last of the sun sets into the horizon. In front of it sit a small group of adventurers and mercenaries, all feasting on some well-cooked rabbit meat or waiting for more to be done as it hangs above the flames.

It is two days after the events at Ralcyon's house occured. Some time has passed as our group of 'heroes' traverse the lands, hunting for treasure, villains to conquer, and the possibility of magical artifacts. What they choose to do remains to be seen, baring intervention from the fates themselves.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

Lina summons a whip of flame at her command, making a few practice swings with it. Learning to command fire better seemed like a good idea, after that vampire got a few lucky hits in on Amelia.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Gourry burps contentedly, having finished the last of his rabbit. "Hey, Lina," he says to the sorceress, "where are we headed now?"

Ranma_007

Zelgadis lies back and stares at the heavens while pointing out various constellations to both Amelia and Gourry.

"You see that bright blue star. That's the nose of the Deep Sea Dolphin. Then over to the left, you can see the Great Jellyfish. And below that, the Great Sea Cucumber, locked in their eternal battle. And that big cluster of bright white stars, that's the Jewels of the Dragon. Legend says that a few fell from the sky and landed somewhere on this earth..."

Corwin

"Let's go visit Xellos!" Lina announces. "We haven't thanked him properly yet for returning your sword, have we? And I know we haven't even begun to thank him for lying to us and leading us around as his pawns...."

Ebiris

"Yeah!" Gourry says enthusiastically, before deflating. "But... we don't know where he lives, do we?"

Corwin

"We'll find out!" Lina exclaims. "He worked for Hellmaster, right? We could lo-- check Phibrizzo's place and see whether there are any clues."

Ebiris

Gourry shrugs amiably. "Okay. So where is Hellmaster's place?"

Corwin

"The Desert of Destruction, which lies to the east of the Kataart Mountains," Lina answers immediately, giving Gourry a look. "Really, don't you know anything?"

Ebiris

"Why do I need to know anything, Lina. You always tell me anyway," Gourry replies as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

Corwin

Lina sighs, covering her eyes with a hand. "Of course you don't need to know anything about the demon lords of our world. How stupid of me to expect that."

Corwin

The next morning, Lina decides to head for the Desert of Destruction!

Ranma_007

Zelgadis decides to follow Lina and go to the Desert of Destruction too.

Merc

Lina and the others quickly move on their journey to the Desert of Destruction, for clues on Xellos' whereabouts. Setting a quick pace south-west, Lina hellbent on giving Xellos some 'thanks' called payback, they find themselves nearing the border of Elmekia and the beginning of the Desert of Destruction sooner than expected.

However, entering a place such as the Desert of Destruction, where nothing good can live for long and food is a precious commodity, is ill advised even for a group such as theirs.

As such, the small band of adventurers end up stopping at a village some distance from the border. Here, the land is already beginning to look somewhat parched and dry, but at least still relatively safe and comfortable. A good place to spend the night to recover from the strenous pace and stock up on supplies before continuing. They do so, and the next morning finds them at the local store, stocking up on supplies.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

Lina buys enough food to last her for two weeks, before asking the others if they want anything.