News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Cephiro, Elven Province

Started by Carthrat, October 20, 2003, 09:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Making sure she is close enough to encompass all the assembled Bushi with her spell, Fuu casts Detect Magic once more.

Corwin

Umi scans the crowd with her eyes, standing close enough to Fuu to react should anyone try to attack her.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Carthrat

A few enchanted swords glow with magic, but none of the bushi appear to be enchanted themselves..
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Ebiris

Satisfied, Fuu turns to Umi and Hikaru. "No one here is using magic to disguise themselves," she informs the others.

Corwin

Umi nods, satisfied. "Then we only need to check on the few that couldn't be found, Mr...?" She trails off, glancing at the burly elf questioningly.

Carthrat

"Hisame," he replies. "They could be anywhere, however, but I'll get some men on it right away."

Corwin

Umi frowns. "Perhaps it would be best to keep everyone together, for now. Small groups sent after the missing bushi might get ambushed, and replaced like the two Hikaru found. Besides," she muses out loud, "if we split up our forces such a short time before we'll need them...."

Carthrat

Hisame nods.

"I see what you mean, but there are many loyal bushi, and apparently only a few insurgents. If we travel in groups of six to ten, even if they were to be ambushed, it would not be difficult to raise the alarm. Nobody can ambush that many people in a busy city without a hitch."

OOC: I live! For about fifteen minutes, mind. >_>

Corwin

"Alright, let's make that ten," Umi agrees, nodding. "And in the meanwhile, we could interrogate the two in captivity. Is there a supply of truth serum handy, or would we need to inquire with Okina-san?"

Carthrat

Hisame gives a short bark of laughter. "We don't usually interrogate people in the barracks," he says. "Okina may have some, or you could try the castle prison or the shugenja themselves."

Corwin

"The prison would be our best chance, then," Umi decides, nodding to herself. "We could hold them there, afterwards." She gives Hisame a smile. "I won't keep you away from your duties any longer with my questions."

Carthrat

Hisame bows. "It was an honor speaking to you, Umi-san.."

<->

A short while later, the two traitorous bushi are safely ensconced in prison. As Umi, Fuu, and Hikaru are invited to come and have a 'chat' with him, they see someone being released from the prison itself.

He's a human, looks to be about 25-30 years of age. He's handsome, as humans go; with shoulder-length flowing blue hair and a beautiful face, with an aquiline nose and deep, piercing eyes.

He seems a little irritated, muttering about 'unjust imprisonment', at least until he has a sudden coughing fit and drops to his knees, leaning on a long, wooden cane.

Umi recognizes the cane as a concealed sword; fairly common amongst travellers who want bandits to underestimate them, or with rogues themselves looking to appear like a normal person with a cane.

Carthrat

[23:33] <Kind-GM-Rat> We may as well start from where we left off.
[23:33] <Kind-GM-Rat> While you two headed to the prison, Umi said she had 'something to do' and told you two to go on ahead.
[23:33] <Kind-GM-Rat> And, directly c/ping from my last post..
[23:34] <Kind-GM-Rat> A short while later, the two traitorous bushi are safely ensconced in prison. As Umi, Fuu, and Hikaru are invited to come and have a 'chat' with him, they see someone being released from the prison itself.
[23:34] <Kind-GM-Rat> He's a human, looks to be about 25-30 years of age. He's handsome, as humans go; with shoulder-length flowing blue hair and a beautiful face, with an aquiline nose and deep, piercing eyes.
[23:34] <Kind-GM-Rat> He seems a little irritated, muttering about 'unjust imprisonment', at least until he has a sudden coughing fit and drops to his knees, leaning on a long, wooden cane.
[23:34] <Fuu> "Are you alright?" Fuu asks in a concerned voice, hurrying over to him.
[23:35] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Ah," *hack* *cough*, "no, but I'll manage," he manages to say, struggling to his feet.
[23:36] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Wretched disease.."
[23:36] <Hikaru> "What illness do you have, sir?" Hikaru asks quietly.
[23:36] * Prince_Herb is now known as Prince_Herb[in_town]
[23:37] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Tuberculosis," he coughs out, producing a handkerchief from somewhere and wiping a bit of blood off his chin.
[23:39] <Kind-GM-Rat> "You elves are lucky, you know. I havn't seen a single elf with the disease.. but then again, it originated in human lands, and how many people with a disease <a href="http://go-all.com?go=travel" onmouseover="window.status = 'goto: travel';return 1" onmouseout="window.status=''">travel</a> so far?" he continues.
[23:40] <Hikaru> "Why ARE you here? And what did you do to be thrown in prison in your condition?"
[23:40] <Kind-GM-Rat> "I'm here looking for.. something. As for being thrown into prison.. perhaps you could tell me."
[23:41] <Kind-GM-Rat> "I had permission to use the castle library, when all of a sudden, a pair of shugenja approach me."
[23:41] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Apparently, I'm under suspicion of being a spy."
[23:41] <Fuu> "These are dangerous times," Fuu says quietly.
[23:42] <Kind-GM-Rat> The man snorts. Or at least tries to, before it dissolves into another cough.
[23:42] <Kind-GM-Rat> "..hah..ha.. as if someone in my condition!" he says, choking it back down.
[23:42] <Kind-GM-Rat> "It was hard enough just getting here, never mind getting out again to 'report' to my 'Doji masters'."
[23:43] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Do you accuse every human of being a spy, or just the sick ones?"
[23:43] <Fuu> "Oh, some of them aren't sick..." Fuu says, remembering the punch to the face she had taken not that long ago.
[23:46] <Kind-GM-Rat> "If you say so," he replies. "You wouldn't be able to tell me what's going on, would you? No, I suppose that's a secret."
[23:47] <Kind-GM-Rat> "I don't know where all this suspicion towards the Doji is coming from, last I heard, they were at it again with the Daidoji, only a month ago.. but then again, it has nothing to do with me."
[23:47] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Thanks for your concern, at least." With that, he starts staggering off, in the general direction of the castle library.
[23:48] * Fuu watches the man go for a moment, before turning to Hikaru. "Well, I suppose we had best get to questioning our other friends..."
[23:50] * Hikaru nods. "I wish we could do something for that poor man, though."
[23:51] <Fuu> "Sad to say, we have more important things to worry about, Hikaru," Fuu says, her voice resigned as she heads into the prison.
[23:52] * Hikaru nods and quietly follows Fuu into the prison.
[23:53] <Kind-GM-Rat> Once inside the prison, you are greeted by a Shugenja, who hands you a a pair of small vials. "Truth serum," she says. "Watch out, we caught another one before, but he bit his tounge and bled to death."
[23:54] <Fuu> "Yes, the same thing happened in Otsu," Fuu says with some annoyance.
[23:55] * Hikaru tucks the vial into her wide sash. "Perhaps you could stop them with a healing spell, Fuu-chan?"
[23:55] * Fuu grimaces, not wanting to waste her spells on Doji scum. "I suppose I could, but I'd rather we just stopped them from biting their tongues to begin with..."
[23:56] <Kind-GM-Rat> The shugenja smiles grimly. "It takes a long time to bleed to death that way, and it's agonizing to do so. Only the truly desperate or the truly terrified would do such a thing."
[23:58] <Fuu> "But are they terrified of us, or what their masters would do if they talked?" Fuu asks, her tone equally grim.
[23:59] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Or possibly the truly fanatical," the Shugenja continues. "Either way, I leave it to you."
[23:59] * V-chan is now known as Umi
[00:00] <Fuu> "Very well," Fuu accepts the serum, bowing and heading into the cell.
[00:00] * Umi is now known as guest58480
[00:01] <Hikaru> "Thank you for your help." Hikaru bows slightly to the shugenja before following Fuu.
[00:01] * guest58480 is now known as V-chan
[00:01] <Kind-GM-Rat> Inside the cell, you find the traitorous elves both tied to wooden chairs, unconcious. A bucket of water sits just outside, specially prepared for one purpose, and one purpose only..
[00:02] * Ana-brbagain is now known as Anastasia
[00:05] <V-chan> Umi splashes the rightmost prisoner with a bit of water from the bucket.
[00:05] <Fuu> Her expression cold, Fuu marches up to the 'elf' that had stunned her earlier, and punches him hard on the jaw, aiming to break it and prevent him from biting his tongue.
[00:06] <Kind-GM-Rat> Fuu gets wet.
[00:06] <Kind-GM-Rat> However, combined with the water and the punch, the elf wakes up, a fearful expression in his eyes.
[00:07] <Fuu> None too gently grabbing his broken jaw, Fuu forces the truth serum down his throat, holding both his mouth and nose close to force him into swallowing.
[00:07] <Kind-GM-Rat> The elves eyes bulge out in pain, and tears of pain slide down his cheeks as he swallows the serum..
[00:09] * Fuu nods approvingly. "Now, you're going to answer all of our questions, aren't you?"
[00:10] <Kind-GM-Rat> The elf slowly nods his head, giving a furtive glance to his partner.
[00:11] <Fuu> "Good," Fuu says in a bright tone, betrayed by her still cold expression, "That way there won't be any more unpleasantness. How many of you are in the city?"
[00:11] <Kind-GM-Rat> "..lotsh," replies the elf, wincing as he speaks.
[00:12] <Fuu> "Lots... so, more than a hundred, would you say?" Fuu cajoles.
[00:13] <Kind-GM-Rat> The elf nods. "Welsh, I thinksh sho," he continues. "Nobody toldsh me."
[00:13] <Hikaru> "Where are they?" Hikaru asks with an expression of distaste. "With the bushi? Living in the city?"
[00:14] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Hersh ands theresh," he replies.
[00:14] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Everywhersh."
[00:14] <Fuu> "What is the signal for you to attack us?" Fuu asks, deciding he probably doesn't know much about other cells of infiltrators.
[00:16] <Kind-GM-Rat> He pales at that question, and shakes his head.
[00:16] <Fuu> "I can't hear you," Fuu says, leaning in closer.
[00:16] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Shigensh," he says. "Shigensh shaid it would be clear."
[00:17] <Hikaru> "How was he supposed to let you know? Surely he couldn't speak to every one of you himself."
[00:17] * Fuu sighs. "Yes, I'm sure he did. And was it Shigen that provided the means for you to be polymorphed into the form of an elf?"
[00:17] <Kind-GM-Rat> "He shaid it should be obvioush," the elf replies.
[00:17] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Nosh," he says to the second question.
[00:18] <Fuu> "Who did it, then?"
[00:19] <Kind-GM-Rat> "We *arsh* elvsh," he says, simply.
[00:20] * Fuu blinks, surprised. It should be impossible for him to lie... "Then what is the spell on you?"
[00:20] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Shpell? Cast Magick?" he says, questioningly.
[00:22] <Kind-GM-Rat> "No sphell," he continues.
[00:22] <Fuu> "You have a Transmutation spell upon you. The one we asked you about before your friend over there blew your story," Fuu says, her patience fraying. Has the serum worn off?
[00:23] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Ohsh, thshat," he says.
[00:23] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Shore sha Himishtsu Deshu."
[00:24] <V-chan> Umi twitches. "Fuu, he doesn't really need both ears to hear you, does he?"
[00:24] * Fuu grabs his jawbone and jostles it a little. "What was that, I had trouble understanding you."
[00:24] <Fuu> "I'm sure one ear will be sufficient for our purposes," she adds to Umi.
[00:25] <Kind-GM-Rat> The elf sets his chin, awaiting his punishment.
[00:26] <Fuu> With a last squeeze to the broken jawbone, Fuu steps back a little to let Umi do her grisly work, staring at the elf's eyes all the while.
[00:26] * Hikaru turns her head to the side, unwilling to watch Umi.
[00:28] <V-chan> Umi's rapier flashes, slicing at the elf's right ear, while she holds his head steady with her free arm.
[00:28] <Kind-GM-Rat> The ear simply drops off. The elves eyes bulge out in pain, and blood starts trickling from the wound.
[00:28] <Kind-GM-Rat> His eyes then roll back into his head, and he goes limp.
[00:29] <V-chan> Umi walks back towards the bucket of water, and splashes him with some of it again, making sure not to hit Fuu this time.
[00:29] <Hikaru> "I suppose we should stop the bleeding at least. We don't want him to bleed to death, after all." Hikaru frowns.
[00:30] <Kind-GM-Rat> The elf fails to wake up this time around. He's well and truly out of it.
[00:30] <Fuu> Fuu nods, spontaneously casting Cure Minor Wounds to at least keep him from dying on them, even if it won't actually do much for his injuries.
[00:30] <Kind-GM-Rat> The elf dosn't wake up, but his ear wound does close up.
[00:32] <V-chan> Umi goes to punch the second elf in the jaw, much like Fuu had done earlier.
[00:33] <Kind-GM-Rat> The elf wakes up, but his chin is made of sterner stuff than the other elf, failing to break.
[00:33] <Kind-GM-Rat> His jaw.
[00:33] <Kind-GM-Rat> Yeah.
[00:34] * Hikaru walks over to the second elf, forcing the second vial of truth serum between his lips and forcing him to swallow the same way Fuu did to his companion.
[00:35] <Kind-GM-Rat> The elf, surprised in his barely-awake state, gurgles down the serum..
[00:36] <V-chan> "Where are you from?" Umi asks once the elf has taken the serum, ready to try and break his jaw if he tries to do what her other prisoner had in Otsu.
[00:36] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Kyuden Oniko," he replies.
[00:37] <V-chan> "Where is Castle Oniko?"
[00:37] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Japania."
[00:38] <V-chan> "Which part of Japania?" Umi continues, mentally cursing the inventors of the truth serum.
[00:39] <Kind-GM-Rat> "To the West."
[00:39] <Kind-GM-Rat> Umi notes that Cephiro is on the Eastern coast.
[00:40] <Hikaru> "Which province?"
[00:40] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Kaisho."
[00:40] <Kind-GM-Rat> That name rings a bell.
[00:41] <V-chan> "Why do you attack Cephiro?"
[00:41] <Kind-GM-Rat> Kaisho is a long-lost elven province that is spoken of only in legends. It was once said to cover roughy 1/4 of the entire Japanian continent, stretching from the Southwest coast to the centre. However, the legend says that internal infighting within the elves made them easy prey for more warlike humans on the outskirts. Inevitably, the elves were scattered across Japania...
[00:42] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Because Shigen-sama orders us to," he replies.
[00:42] <Fuu> "Why do you follow Shigen?" Fuu interjects.
[00:42] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Because he is the brother of the Champion," he replies.
[00:42] <V-chan> "Does Shigen want to see Cephiro destroyed?"
[00:43] <Kind-GM-Rat> "No."
[00:43] <V-chan> "What is his goal, then?"
[00:43] <Kind-GM-Rat> "He says he is looking for something."
[00:43] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Something that will lead us to greatness."
[00:44] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Something that will allow us revenge."
[00:44] <Kind-GM-Rat> He abruptly stops, realising he's said too much.
[00:44] <V-chan> "Revenge against whom?" Umi asks, curious.
[00:44] <Kind-GM-Rat> He gives an incredulous look. "Who do you think? You elves, of course," he replies.
[00:45] <V-chan> Umi frowns. "And are you an elf?"
[00:45] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Yes."
[00:46] <Hikaru> "Why do you want revenge against us?" Hikaru asks flatly.
[00:47] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Because you are responsible for making us want revenge against you," he says, cryptically.
[00:47] <V-chan> Umi shakes her head. "Okay. What is the Champion's name? The one who is Shigen's brother?"
[00:48] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Akira. She is the champion," he says.
[00:48] <V-chan> "Where is she now?"
[00:49] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Kyuden Oniko."
[00:50] <Fuu> "What is the transmutation spell that has been cast upon you?" Fuu asks, still wanting to know about that.
[00:51] * Fuu (danielmcdo@modem-3487.alligator.dialup.pol.co.uk) Quit (QUIT: )
[00:52] <Kind-GM-Rat> The elf gives a glance at his companion. "He musn't have told you. What makes you think I will?"
[00:52] * Fuu (danielmcdo@modem-1548.dasyure.dialup.pol.co.uk) has joined #rawr
[00:52] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Fuu
[00:53] <Kind-GM-Rat> [00:52] <Kind-GM-Rat> The elf gives a glance at his companion. "He musn't have told you. What makes you think I will?"
[00:53] <V-chan> "Because you're smarter?" Umi suggests.
* Retrieving #rawr modes...
[00:55] <Kind-GM-Rat> He dosn't reply.
[00:55] <V-chan> "How about an easier question?" Umi asks suddenly. "Did you train at the place you grew up?"
[00:56] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Yes."
[00:57] <V-chan> "How about your friend over there?" she asks, pointing at the second prisoner.
[00:57] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Yes."
[00:57] <V-chan> "Were you trained by humans?"
[00:58] <Kind-GM-Rat> "No."
[00:58] <V-chan> "I see." Umi nods to herself. "Has the palace been infiltrated, beyond those of you amongst the bushi?"
[00:59] <Hikaru> "How long have you been here in the capital?"
[01:00] <Kind-GM-Rat> "I would presume so. We have been here a week."
[01:01] <V-chan> "Do any of the shugenja belong to your group?"
[01:01] <Kind-GM-Rat> "I don't know."
[01:01] <Fuu> "What was your plan for after recieving Shigen's signal to attack?"
[01:02] <Kind-GM-Rat> "To kill."
[01:02] <Fuu> "Just randomly attack? There was no plan for a coordinated attack against specific targets?"
[01:03] <Kind-GM-Rat> "We were not to kill any bushi."
[01:03] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Unless provoked."
[01:03] <V-chan> Umi recalls something the elf had said earlier. "Is your reason for attack jealousy at Cephiro's success and prosperity?"
[01:04] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Jealousy may play a small part."
[01:05] <Fuu> "But when you attack, the bushi would be honourbound to stop you. How do you reconcile being ordered not to kill them unless provoked with the sure knowledge that they WILL provoke you?" Fuu asks curiously.
[01:05] <V-chan> "What's the bigger part, then?"
[01:06] <Kind-GM-Rat> "We will run, of course. As for the bigger part.. it will be revealed to you. Later."
[01:06] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Much later."
[01:06] <Kind-GM-Rat> "When you see Shigen again.. remember. He wants to save you three."
[01:07] <Fuu> "Yes, we had gathered as much," Fuu says grimly.
[01:07] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Enough. I can speak no more."
[01:08] <Kind-GM-Rat> There's a tone of finality to his words.
[01:08] <V-chan> "How about one more question?" Umi asks. "Did it hurt to have your eyesight taken away from you, that time?"
[01:09] <Kind-GM-Rat> "It did."
[01:10] * Fuu looks askance at Umi, wondering why she is asking such a question.
[01:10] <V-chan> "That enchantment on you must be pretty handy, then," she comments idly, returning Fuu's glance.
[01:10] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Oh, it is," he replies, grinning suddenly. "Very useful indeed."
[01:14] <V-chan> Umi nods to herself, and hits the elf's jaw, applying more strength this time to hopefully break it and knock him out, though not killing him.
[01:15] <Kind-GM-Rat> The elf goes out cold.
[01:15] <V-chan> Umi checks that both elves are still out cold.
[01:15] <Kind-GM-Rat> Both elves are indeed out cold.
[01:15] <Fuu> "We've learnt all we can here," Fuu says coldly, "Let's go. We have to prepare for our mission tonight."
[01:16] * Hikaru nods solemnly.
[01:18] <V-chan> "Let's go find Okina-san, first," Umi says, "and report our new findings, as well as tell him not to trust any elf who joined the castle's ranks over the past week."
[01:19] * Fuu nods, stepping out of the cell.
[01:19] <Kind-GM-Rat> You hear footsteps behind you.. "Oh, good, I was supposed to take you to him." It's a familiar voice..
[01:19] * Hikaru turns to see who it is.
[01:19] <Kind-GM-Rat> ...none other than Master Toshi himself, who looks like hell.
[01:20] <Kind-GM-Rat> He's got blood all over him, for starters.
[01:20] <Kind-GM-Rat> His gi and hakama are ripped, and he's going to have a new scar on his cheek.
[01:20] <Kind-GM-Rat> "The Shugenja said my rest would have to wait," he says, mournfully.
[01:20] <Kind-GM-Rat> "They healed me up, but my clothing is damaged forever."
[01:21] <Fuu> "Toshi-sama!" Fuu is startled by his arrival, "But, if you're here... has Shiko fallen?"
[01:22] <V-chan> "The wisest choice would've been to evacuate, once the bushi we sent to warn it arrived," Umi says grimly.
[01:22] <Kind-GM-Rat> Toshi shrugs. "The village may have, but we are all alive," he replies. "But you must see Okina now. By pure chance, he has stumbled across something."
[01:22] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Exactly what, I'm not sure."
[01:23] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Oh, yes. Ami is exceedingly irritated with you, Umi," he continues.
[01:23] <Fuu> "Very well, let us go," Fuu nods, relieved that at least everyone got out okay...
[01:23] <Kind-GM-Rat> "She thought she'd see you again sooner, never mind that we'd left and didn't expect to see you."
[01:25] <V-chan> "I'm positive that my exceedingly cool gift to her will placate her," Umi says, trying to reassure herself.
[01:25] * Fuu (danielmcdo@modem-1548.dasyure.dialup.pol.co.uk) Quit (QUIT: )
[01:25] <Kind-GM-Rat> "I'm sure she can't wait. And neither can I. I am in desperate need of a bath, so if you'll all hurry onto Okina..."
[01:25] <Kind-GM-Rat> <->
[01:29] * Fuu (danielmcdo@modem-2182.alligator.dialup.pol.co.uk) has joined #rawr
[01:29] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Fuu
[01:30] <Kind-GM-Rat> Toshi leaves you at the door to the Audience Chamber, complaining about his ruined outfit and that he must have left a thick smell of blood all through the halls.
[01:30] * Night_Onion (ssj_harbin@xula.edu) Quit (QUIT: gone for the day. Big test monday. Study, study, study, study...)
[01:31] <V-chan> Umi opens the door, heading inside.
[01:31] <Kind-GM-Rat> Inside, you immediatly notice two things.
[01:31] <Kind-GM-Rat> The first is Okina, pacing back and forth.
[01:32] <Kind-GM-Rat> The second is none other than the man you ran into heading to the prison. He seems to have temproarily gotten over his cough, and is sipping on some tea, kneeling.
[01:33] <Kind-GM-Rat> Okina turns to look at you three, a slightly happier expression coming across his face. "I trust your interrogation bore fruit?" he asks.
[01:39] <Fuu> "We did learn a bit, Okina-dono," Fuu says, casting an annoyed glance at her silent comrades. "Firstly, it seems that some of the infiltrators are not actually disguised, but really are elves. However, they have some enchantment on them, though the nature I could not determine."
[01:39] <Fuu> "They claimed to represent 'Kaisho', and the Doji monk, Shigen, is the brother of their champion, a female named Akira."
[01:40] <V-chan> "We do know that a traitorous elf that lost his eyes to a sword strike only a short time ago regained his eyesight, and it might be related to the enchantment," Umi adds.
[01:40] <Fuu> "They weren't told exactly when to attack, just that the signal would be obvious. Oddly, they were ordered not to kill any bushi unless provoked..."
[01:42] <Fuu> "It seems the infiltrators only started arriving within the last week, so we should definitely examine carefully any recent additions to the bushi and shugenja ranks," Fuu suggests.
[01:43] <Kind-GM-Rat> Okina listens intently. "I see. Then you must have worked out that Shigen cannot be a Doji monk."
[01:43] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Or perhaps not.. I should explain."
[01:43] <V-chan> "As well as any other elves admitted into the castle during that period," Umi says. "The two elves we caught were masking their real skills, and it won't be inconceivable that others would do the same."
[01:44] <Kind-GM-Rat> "They said they were elves, did they? You must have been surprised, even doubted if your truth serum was working correctly."
[01:44] * Fuu nods, the thought did occur...
[01:45] <V-chan> Umi nods at Okina's words.
[01:45] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Well. Before I continue, let me say that we have had no new recruits within the last week, and I know exactly how they are capable of disguising themselves.
[01:46] <Kind-GM-Rat> "While I do not know the how, or the why, I can tell you that these elves.. they are 'special', in their own way. I stumbled across Ukyo here reading a text in the library, and things started to make sense."
[01:46] <Kind-GM-Rat> "These elves are elves who have crossbred with demons. They are known as the "Fey'ri".
[01:46] * Fuu gasps!
[01:47] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Because of their long-spread taint of demonic energy, they have mutated to gain various.. talents? Abilities? Whatever you call it."
[01:48] <Kind-GM-Rat> "One such ability is that they can change into any humanoid form at will, similiar to the 'Alter Self' spell."
[01:48] <Kind-GM-Rat> "As for why they are here.. well, Ukyo can explain better than eye."
[01:49] * Fuu turns her attention to the human.
[01:49] <Kind-GM-Rat> The human blinks, and turns. "Yes. Well. It begins and ends with Shigen," he says. "My tale, at least."
[01:50] <Kind-GM-Rat> "In sparing you the details, let me simply say he is responsible for the present state of my body."
[01:51] <Fuu> "He gave you tuberculosis?"
[01:51] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Yes, but it isn't normal tuberculosis."
[01:51] <Kind-GM-Rat> "It attacks the mind and soul as well as the body. As each day passes, I see things less clearly, my body does not work as I wish it should, and I begin to lose control over myself."
[01:52] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Though I hate to be so melodramatic, I am plauged with nightmares of the night he inflicted this upon me."
[01:52] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Me, and my entire family."
[01:53] <Kind-GM-Rat> "He tricked me, you see. His ability to change shape allowed him to pose as a wandering medicine man, who told me of a special relic, called the 'Heaven Flower'. It is supposedly capable of curing any illness, healing any wound."
[01:53] <Kind-GM-Rat> "I conducted some of my own research on the topic, and soon set out to find this so-called miracle cure.
[01:54] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Reality, however, is cruel. The 'Heaven Flower' is also known as the 'Demon Flower'. While it's exact abilities are unknown to me, I have surmised that should a demonic being hold it, they will gain great power.."
[01:55] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Shigen used me, you see. I do not know what he was busy with, but I managed to track the location of this flower to Cephiro."
[01:55] <Kind-GM-Rat> "He had me followed, I guess; I didn't know when I saw you outside the prison."
[01:56] <Kind-GM-Rat> "He must have known as soon as I entered the province, and begun his preperation for an invasion of sorts. Perhaps it is simply fate that the Fey'Ri loathe the elves as the Doji loathe the Daidoji."
[01:56] <Kind-GM-Rat> He suddenly bursts into a coughing fit. While he struggles to control himself, Okina starts speaking.
[01:58] <Kind-GM-Rat> "They wish to have this magical artifact, clearly. I have never heard of it. I cannot understand why the Fey'Ri have coerced the Matsu into attacking us. Perhaps they simply hope to kill us all first and then find the item in the wreckage."
[01:58] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Either way, the origins and terminal objectives of the Fey'Ri are still unknown to us."
[01:59] <V-chan> "But if that's true...." Umi shakes her head. "Why the Katsu attack?"
[01:59] <Kind-GM-Rat> Okina shakes his head. "Don't you see? The Katsu are not the Katsu, but Fey'Ri, disgusing themselves to confuse us."
[02:00] <Fuu> "And the same with the Doji?"
[02:00] <V-chan> "So they disguise themselves as Katsu and Doji, but not Matsu...."
[02:00] <Kind-GM-Rat> Ukyo nods. "The Fey'Ri do not have the numbers to mount a full-scale assualt on Cephiro."
[02:00] <Kind-GM-Rat> "While they could certainly spread confusion by acting within the city, they could not destroy it outright, I am sure."
[02:00] <Kind-GM-Rat> He starts coughing again, unable to speak for long.
[02:01] <Kind-GM-Rat> "So they would have moved to control Otoshi of the Matsu clan," finishes Okina.
[02:01] <V-chan> "Then, perhaps, it's not too late to avoid war with the Matsu?" Umi ventures.
[02:01] <Kind-GM-Rat> "It is possible that it can be stopped, yes."
[02:02] <Kind-GM-Rat> "But the Fey'Ri have also kidnapped Sakura, creating a problem."
[02:02] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Most of our forces will be committed to rooting out the Fey'Ri from within the city, and standing guard for the Matsu."
[02:03] <Kind-GM-Rat> "You three and Toshi are easily the best candidates for this sort of work," he says.
[02:04] <Kind-GM-Rat> "Well, by that I mean either resucing Sakura-sama, or sneaking into the Matsu camp and trying to sort out the Fey'Ri there."
[02:04] <V-chan> "If our opponents are elves, and they know we're coming, there our old plan for rescuing Sakura-san is flawed," Umi says.
[02:05] * Fuu nods. "The geisha within the Matsu camp are obviously the Fey'ri..."

Carthrat

"Doubtless," replies Okina, moving to help Ukyo, who sounds like he's about to die.

"To convince Otoshi to stop, you would have to show him the true nature of the Geisha. To do so, you would have to reveal their true forms to him. A Fey'Ri is quite obviously demonic when in it's natural form, so Ukyo tells me. The only question is, how."

He suddenly gives Hikaru a look. "How are your magical studied coming along, Hikaru?"

Halbarad

"Fairly well, Okina-dono. It's been a bit tough to find time to study my books with all that's happened in the past few days, but I manage well enough. Why do you ask?" The pink haired elf inquires.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.