News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Cephiro, Elven Province

Started by Carthrat, October 20, 2003, 09:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

Hours later, at night..

The party has arrived close to the enemy camp.

However, between them and the camp lies an expanse of scorched earth. Apparently, the catapults have been firing for quite some time; a few rocks are around, but mostly they must have been using oil, judging by the expanse of black land.

The samurai elves have quickly set up a small camp of their own about a hundred metres into the woods, and presently await orders.

The camp itself, from this distance, seems to be as Koshi described it; sort of a rectangle in shape, but the tents are all over the place. Elven sight allows you to see the few guards wandering around from your vantage point of the forest. They patrol in groups of three; a single samurai and two shugenja, each carrying a slender wand.

The night is thankfully both moonless and cloudy, however, giving the elves an advantage of sorts.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Ebiris

As she strings her Daikyu, Fuu outlines her plan to the others. "We will go to the edge of the forest, where I will cast a Silence spell on myself. Then Koshi and I can sneak into the camp, hopefully undetected, until we reach the Champions tent. Once we are safely hidden near there, I will cast a spell to see if I can detect anything evil here - which should point us towards what is manipulating the Matsu." She sighs softly before continuing, "If I cannot detect anything, we will have to try and investigate the Champion's tent itself. If we get into trouble, the results should be obvious to the rest of you."

Finished explaining, she looks around for any suggestions or problems to be pointed out.

Corwin

"If I were you, I'd sneak around first before trying to solve everything with spells," Umi says, before snorting. "Of course, if it were me, I wouldn't bother to sneak into their camp in the first place. Take care, Fuu."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Putting her now strung Daikyu on her back, Fuu pulls over the hood of her cloak as she leads the other elves to the edge of the forest. "The spell will keep us silenced for a few moments - long enough to reach the champions tent, but remember to stay close to me at all times," she tells Koshi as they walk.

Reaching the edge of the forest, Fuu hunkers down under the cover of the foliage and watches the pattern of the patrols, waiting until there are none covering the path between the elves and the camp.

Carthrat

It's not long before Fuu can decipher the patterns of the guards and find a hole in their defensive perimetre to slip into..

Ebiris

Once she has determined the best way to enter the camp, Fuu waits until the hole in the patrols presents itself once more. "Here we go, wish us luck," she smiles at Umi and Hikaru before casting a Silence spell centred upon herself. As she finishes, and all sound within the area ceases, she beckons Koshi to follow, and exits the cover of the forest, keeping low to the ground as she approaches the ditch surrounding the camp. Picking up her speed, but still remaining completely silent thanks to the spell, she takes a running jump to clear the ditch, before using a nearby tent for cover and peeking round to get a better view of the camp interior.

Carthrat

The camp is set up all over the place, as Koshi said. Most of the soldiers and samurai are sleeping in the tents, though a few are placed here and there, surrounding cracking fires and talking about stuff Fuu can't quite hear without getting closer.

The Champions Tent was visible; it was about 75 metres into the camp.

Fuu also saw a few women dressed in kimonos coming and going from tents; they must have been geisha, given their extremely pale skin, their hairstyles, and even just the way they walked promised absolute pleasure for anyone they spoke too..

Ebiris

Using the other tents as cover, Fuu stealthily makes her way towards the Champion's tent, being careful to peek around each tent and check for no patrols or alert samurai before she continues on her way.

Carthrat

Fuu almost crashes into a pair of Samurai chatting about some recent events today, just barely skittering off into a hiding spot from which she could move out of easily.

"..and that Usagi-chan, just sublime. Otoshi's done us all a service, bringing those geisha along on this trip."

"I'll say.."

Ebiris

Biting her lip, Fuu slowly backs off from the conversing Samurai, staying to the shadows until she can duck around the corner of a nearby tent. Then she continues on in that direction until she gets a clear path to continue back towards the Champion's tent.

Carthrat

Fuu manages to sneak around the side of Champions Tent, and just barely manages to drop to the ground and make like some grass as Otoshi himself emerges from the tent.

Standing 6'3 and wearing Great Armour, he's an imposing figure. With broad shoulders and strong muscles, a nodachi strapped to his back as well as the standard Katana and Wakizashi on his belt, and a flushed expression on his face as if he's just done some streneous physical work, he looks every part the warrior champion he is supposed to be.

He strides off, leaving his tent unattended..

Ebiris

Confirming that there is no one else nearby, Fuu checks on Koshi, putting a finger to her lips before quietly casting a Detect Evil spell.

Carthrat

There's a source of Evil emnating from within the Champions Tent. It's quite strong.

There isn't any other evil to be spoke of around the immediate area, though.

Carthrat

Meanwhile, back at the forest edge..

"Umi-san," one of the Samurai says softly. "We should split up around the forest outskirts instead of clumping in one area. If we must flee, it makes it easier to give cover fire and split up."

Ebiris

Fuu grimaces slightly at the strong feeling of evil coming from the tent, then she recalls how Otoshi had looked, and blushes. "Oh, my..."

Deciding to be extra cautious, she quietly casts Detect Magic to get a better idea of what to expect inside the tent.