Cephiro, Elven Province

Started by Carthrat, October 20, 2003, 09:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"Alright," Umi replies just as quietly. "Hikaru, take a group with you and flank them, while I'll wait here for Fuu. If you have to run and can't meet up with us, head to report to Sakura-san as we've been ordered."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Halbarad

Hikaru nods. "I'll stay close enough to keep an eye on you though. Best if we don't get separated if we have to get out of here in a hurry."

Picking out three of the samurai, she heads towards the side of the camp, making sure to remain concealed in the forest as much as possible.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Carthrat

There are two sources of magic; one is of moderate strength, the other is of comparably low strength. The moderatly strengthed aura is coming from the same presence the evil aura is; the other item appears to be being worn by it.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Ebiris

Motioning Koshi to stay where he is, Fuu edges closer to the tent, keeping low to the ground, and peeks through the partially open flap.

Carthrat

Inside the tent you can make out a half-dressed geisha, pulling on a silken kimono. She's sitting on a slightly rumpled futon.

She's also wearing a ruby ring that stands out via your spell..

Ebiris

Firming her resolve with the knowledge that this person is evil, Fuu bursts into the tent and aims a thrust kick right at her head, with the intention of knocking her out in a single mighty blow!

Carthrat

With nary a shout, the woman drops to the ground, her mouth an 'o' of surprise.

The ring on her finger is glowing..

Ebiris

Giving a quiet thanks to Windham for her good fortune, Fuu looks around the tent for any battleplans/maps/journals, or anything else that would provide insight on the Matsu's plans.

Carthrat

Turning the place upside down, Fuu finds two things of intrest.

The first thing is a stack of scrolls with various maps and lines drawn on them; some text here and there, all relating to an invasion of the capital of Cephiro..

The second thing is another scroll, in a langauge Fuu can't understand.

At that moment, Koshi pokes his head it. "We have to move!" he whispers, before ducking out.

<->

Meanwhile...

Hikaru and Umi have split up. Each have taken three samurai with them,
and are quietly watching the camp.

Hikaru and her fellow Samurai hear a slight rustle behind them. Turning about, they see.. monks.

Five monks are approaching, wearing the Doji style outfit; light pants and light shirt with a headband emblazoned with a serpent. The leader of the group is the only one with hair; he has a long ponytail reaching to the ground.

He also looks a little disgruntled that you spotted them, but nonetheless, his brother monks charge Hikaru and her party all too fast. Soon, the samurai are locked in combat, with Hikaru managing to escape a direct confrontation by just a few metres.

Meanwhile, Umi sees movement coming from Hikaru's position..

Corwin

Umi gets the attention of the samurai in her group, and tells two them to flank those attacking Hikaru's group along with her. She leaves one in reserve to wait for Fuu, and to alert them to other attackers, if he spots them.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Quickly gathering up all the maps and scrolls, Fuu folds them and puts them in her gi, also pulling the glowing ring from the woman's fingers and pocketing it before leaving the tent and ducking into the shadows.

Halbarad

Hikaru manages to step back from the growing melee and casts shield on herself, risking a glance back in Umi's direction to see if she's noticed the trouble yet.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Carthrat

Hikaru sees the Samurai and Monks going at it as she weaves her spell. The Samurai are very good at their job; one of the monks is already down, and the rest are hard pressed to keep up.

All of a sudden, the ponytailed Monk leaps in and takes a samurai out for the count, leaving two standing.

Hikaru also sees Umi approaching; she'll arrive in about 10 seconds at her present rate.
<->

Fuu gets out the tent; she also notices the ruby ring going dull as she picks it off the womans hand.

Once safely outside, she sees Otoshi returning towards the tent..

OOC: Hikaru, there's one more round before Umi reaches you. 3 standard monks and a dude with a ponytail on vs. 2 samurai and you.

Halbarad

Hikaru grimaces. Facing the ponytailed monk, she draws a trio of shuriken from her obi and hurls them towards the monk; they burst into flames as they leave her hand and speed towards their target!
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Carthrat

One of the Shuriken goes wide, but the other two impact on the ponytailed monk. With a sizzle and a cutting sound, they stab into his leg, but they barely slow him down as he unleashes more blows upon the samurai..

Another monk goes down, evening the odds somewhat.