News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Bolt Mage is...Cyman!

Started by Bean Bandit, November 20, 2003, 01:36:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyMage

Backing up towards the exit, Cy aimed at the female boomer and fired.   As it closed in, he stepped to the side in the begining of the classic tactic, the Circle Strafe.  Keeping an eye on the downed boomer, he was also ready to jump out of its way once it closed in.
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Bean Bandit

Unfortunately, the rubble from the destroyed bridge, while keeping the downed boomer from sneak attacking before it died, also provided cover for the smaller boomer, and Bolt's shot came a second too slow, destroying debris in the metal monster's wake.

However, the circling tactic DID prove effective, and Bolt slipped out of the path of the boomer's attack in time to feel the slight wind from it's passing...
---
I love the games I've played here.

CyMage

Sai adjusted his aim and fired a short burst at the back of the boomer.  If the rounds at least destroyed the propulsion unit, he was happy.

Bean Bandit

Bolt's balance was off, so it was something of a shock to both himself and the boomer as his shot caught the corner of the Boomer's 'jet pack', causing a frantic burst of flame, and sending the intelligent combat machine carreening into the far wall of the alley with a resounding crash, which, after Bolt's ears stopped ringing, he could tell had drawn the attention of people beyond the alley. Voices had been raised, and someone was screaming about the sheriff...
---

CyMage

Moving closer to the 'female' boomer, Bolt put several rounds into its head.

Bean Bandit

The smaller combat boomer's body twitched violently as Bolt fired, her head coming apart in a shower of metal fragments as seven high caliber slugs smashed into it's skull...
---

CyMage

Grumbling a bit under his breath about the lack of time to grab a snack, Sai headed towards the girl.  He rested his gun over his shoulder.

"Are you ok?  Did they hurt you?"

Bean Bandit

Bolt noted that the girl was much younger than he'd thought...he'd figured on about fifteen, but on close inspection, she was a rather coltish twelve, and clutching a cloth bag in her hands.  She shook her head dumbly, staring openly at him in unabashed wonder.

Her brown hair was cut short in a pageboy style, and held back on one side by a pink barette, and she wore a ragged pink dress. "What are you?" she asked honestly, amazement in her voice.
---

CyMage

Bolt smiled at the girl.  "I'm the worlds greatest explorer.  Bolt Crank.  But my good friends call me Sai."

Looking around at the minor disaster area, he frowned.  "As much as I would like to stick around and help clean up, I do have an appointment to keep."

Bean Bandit

The girl simply nodded and stood, clutching her bag, and watching Bolt expectantly.
---

CyMage

"Are you in trouble somehow?  Maybe I can help out before I have to go."  Giving the girl a quick smile he asked.  "What's your name by the way?"

Bean Bandit

"I'm Kotone!" She smiled. "And...Ano, I'm...kinda lost..."
---

CyMage

Bolt let a short chuckle.  "You want to know something funny, Kotone?  So am I."  He walked toward one of the doors as he continued speaking.  "Want to find out where we are together?"

When he got to it, he tested to see if it was closed.  As he did that, he also started taking bites out of the gun.

Bean Bandit

Kotone smiled cheerfully and nodded, glancing back at the street somewhat warily. "Un! Thank you, Sai-san!"

Suprisingly, the door swung open easily, revealing...nothing. The lights in the building were out, and all that could be seen inside were shadows on shadows.

Kotone's eyes went wide as Bolt began eating the gun. "Ano...Do you have an iron deficiency?"
---

CyMage

"Heh.  Yes, you could say that."  Summoning a flashlight, he shone its light into the darkness.