News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

They're coming to take me away, ha-ha...

Started by Brian, January 13, 2004, 02:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjorn

The immediate urge to bound to his feet and examine it from close-up is quickly suppressed.  Instead, still affecting an introspectful posture, he does his best to get as many details about that duct as he can, without moving from where he is.

Brian

From your position, given the location of the glint when compared to the frame of the ventilation grill, you surmise that it is most likely a camera.  Either that, or they put a smoke detector in the ventilation system.

Looking up, you can't tell if they put one in the opposite duct, but it seems possible.

Soon after you come to this conclusion, however, there is a knock at your door.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

"Come in," Bjorn says pleasantly, but without rising.

Brian

The door opens and the doctor steps in, accompanied by the same two guards.  "Mr. Christianson," he says pleasantly, surveying the clipboard before him.  "Hmm.  How are you feeling today?"

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

"A bit disoriented."  Moving slowly, Bjorn gets to his feet, though not moving any closer to the door.  "And how are you?"

Brian

The doctor looks up from his clipboard, blinking.  "Fine," he says, somewhat off-guard.  "We don't have any records for you, so if you don't mind, we'd like to take you upstairs, have a word ... see if you belong here, or if we need to send you home."

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

"Well, that certainly sounds reasonable," says Bjorn affably.  "But why don't we just talk here?  You can sit on the bed, I don't mind -- I'm just as comfortable sitting on the ground, really."

Brian

The doctor nods amiably.  "Sounds reasonable, I suppose.  Mr. Christianson, my name is Garret Peterson, I'm the lead healthcare official for the Workshop.  It's my duty to make sure that all our guests are kept as healthy as possible."  He flips up a sheet on his clipboard, not moving to sit down.  "Of course, we are somewhat exclusive, so we'll have to verify that you do belong here, if you want to stay.  If you don't want to stay, that shouldn't be a problem, as long as you can prove yourself not to be dangerous.  But tell me, Mr. Christianson, have you ever had an encounter with the paranormal, or experienced something that science -- as you know it -- could not explain?"

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

Bjorn ponders.   "Well, I was there when Ashnod shot a helicopter out of the air with a stream of flame that came from nowhere.  So, yes, I think I have."

Brian

Dr. Peterson frowns.  "That was your first such experience?" he mumbles.  "How odd.  Do you mind if I ask you about that bracelet you have?"

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

Bjorn shrugs.  "While you've just said everything about the bracelet that I know, feel free.  On that note, however, do you mind if I ask where my possessions are?"

Brian

The doctor blinks at you, looking up from his clipboard. "Hmm," he noises, scribbling something down.  "Your possessions are in a locker, pending your release.  Where did you get that bracelet?"

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

"It was mailed to me, with no return address."

Brian

"Fascinating," he murmurs, scribbling something on his notepad, and turning another page over.  "No idea who sent it, I imagine?  And, do you remember the date you recieved it?"

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

"No to both."  Bjorn shrugs.  "I've had it for quite some time, though."