News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Improving the forum

Started by Dracos, June 03, 2002, 04:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

okay,  as you can all see the forum links page is up.  Any suggestions for including new links or broken link reports please send to me by private message.

Additionally, we do have people working both on the color scheme and making the forum less clunky/more user friendly.  While we are constantly considering ways to improve the forum, any suggestions or ideas are welcome.  Please post any here or send them to me by private message.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

I'm all for Purple or Cobalt!
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

Is it possible to have selectable color schemes to choose from, like how some websites do?  The current color setup is good and serviceable, but it doesn't have any vitality, you know?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Rezantis

http://www.penthesilea.ch/colors_yabbse.html

Design one, or get on Ginnezumusha's back, since he was going to do one a while back.  :)
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Anastasia

I think I might just give that a crack...I don't know if I'll figure out enough of it to succeed, but I'll try.
<Afina> Forever.

Rezantis

Well, just change the hex codes for the colours on the left... and if you come up with something, just tell us what the various values are and we'll have a look.  :)

Anastasia

Gah, this is a bit harder than I thought it would be. -_-
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

That it is.  ^^;  If it was really easy to come up with a great forum color scheme, we'd already have one ^^;

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Heh, I noticed. Anyway, I will give it a shot.  Y'see, this white and blue backround assails my eyes each time I read Soulriders, so change would be nice.

Also...

*Loev on the back row of computers in the school lab.  This row of computers has the cojones to run Soulriders, while the other 4 rows can't.  Eat that, number 22!*
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Hm.

Is there any way to add a feature that would give some noticification when you get a PM?  Perhaps a popup window that indicates it, or something that lists how many of your messages are unread by the number you have?
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

There should be.  Rez?  Your area.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Rezantis

I'm giong to graft the Refuge pm system onto here sometime, but it's got to wait until I have enough spare time to do so...  remind me.

Anastasia

Okay, will do.  I'll squeeze it in sometime during my bugging Ayame sessions :).
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I just found something else that could use some work.  When you use the 'see X person's last ten posts', the text that shows what board it was on and the date is in all white, which is invisible on the white backround unless you highlight it.
<Afina> Forever.

thepanda

Who's responsible for the Pink One at the top of the forum? Whoever you are, I salute you!