News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

ECB Announcement

Started by Dracos, June 18, 2002, 10:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

There will be a group Evil Commentary Bureau Criticism that will be open to the public in #Soulriders at 9:30 PM EST Thursday Evening.

The target of criticism can be found here: http://www.chick.com/articles/frpg.asp

Remember if you want to participate, no swearing (We have class).

Again, we start at 9:30 PM EST time Thursday the 20th, we request any who do not want to participate please be respectful when entering the chatroom after that time.

Fearless Leader
Cold, Harsh, Methodical and utterly brutal
Edit: FORGOT THE DATE -_-
Well, Goodbye.

Ginnezumusha

Now... this may be interesting.  Are you going to give it a fair chance by arguing to both sides, or just bash at it from atop an elephant?

CyMage

I'm posting the quick guide to the ECB personel who have already contributed to this criticism and shall be there on Thursday.

*Pulls up the log.*

Dracos
ECB: The founder of the evil commentary bureau dedicated to the effective analysis of ignorant propaganda and written works.

Calendar
ECBAC: Evil Commentary Bureau Ardent Catholic.  A frequent church-goer and religious woman who has volunteered her time to help provide fair and impartial analysis through the judgement of peers.

CyMage
ECBVC: Evil Commentary Bureau Volunteer Critic.  Brought in to better reach the intelligencia through his adept ability to cut to the heart of the matter with sarcasm and wit.

Groki
ECBPG: Evil Commentary Bureau Peanut Gallery.  As this is being done in a public chatroom and allows for outside comments from non-members, we are allowing there thoughts too to be voiced.

Nerem
ECBWR: Evil Commentary Bureau Subdepartment: Witty Retorts.  A recent addition to the Evil Commentary Bureau he seeks to show his prowess with his premier analysis of this article.

All the Tags and descriptions are provided thanks to Dracos, though I've made a couple minor edits for context.

CM
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Rezantis

Quote from: Ginnezumusha on June 19, 2002, 05:08:29 AM
Now... this may be interesting.  Are you going to give it a fair chance by arguing to both sides, or just bash at it from atop an elephant?

Ginn, I don't think you're going to find many people who are going to be willing to argue from the other side.  At least not people who believe in fire, anyway.

Maybe I should try and argue for the thing, keep you all in line...

EDIT: I forgot, you guys already started.  -.-;;
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Dracos

okay, now I have internet and a house ...well apartement but good 'nuff.

So, when can we  all get together to eat his sou- critique his work?

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Ginnezumusha

Quit beating around the bush.  We're gonna systematicaly tear him apart and feed his soul to the Mu tree.

- Friendly neighborhood resource

Dracos

Yeah, we are...

but I need to know when the group can meet.  People who are working on this project please post times you are avaliable and we will see when we can all get together and sacrifice the idiot.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

okay this is ridiculous(sp)...

guys, it will be at 9pm EST, This friday to whenever we all die.  In #Soulriders chat as always.

Those who want to participate show up.  Channel #soulriders will be under standard ecb rules.   To refresh them, in order to speak you must have ECB in your nick and then I will voice you.  Only speak in channel for the sake of critiquing or commenting on the article.  No swearing at the article.   etc, ye guys all know the drill pretty much by now.

See ya all there.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Okay, for those who don't know and want to participate, another group ECB session is tonight.

If you aren't sarcastic or mocking please do not show up as anything but an observer.  It's really annoying having to cut out incompetent attempts to be funny.

I request anyone who wants to participate read the target article before hand so you have a good idea of the target.

We start at 10 pm EST tonight.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Oh yeah, this is done and in our editting crews hands.  When they finish it we will all see the finish product.  Additionally Cardinal rez is going to have a go, so we will have twin mockeries of the article.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

werehawk509

Pity I missed this...I would have loved to comment on it but then I wasn't yet a member...And Scholarship of the stripe of the writer in question is at best questionable...at the worst outright idiotic if not downright moronic...I wonder if one shouldn''t accuse thesre idiots of commiting the sin Manicheanism(sp?) in other words of believing that Satan is just as strong as God...

Although alll the authors long winded diatribe did was convince me he was an idiot and what's worse a religius idiot incidentally did anyone note the book he cited at the bottom? Bet's on that it's authors deserve the title of idiots class1?

WMD

WMD