News:

It is a very sunny day.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Mini Game Logs / Re: Journey to the Center of t...
Last post by Corwin - February 22, 2024, 10:51:29 AM
19:15 <•Kotono> OOC: Okay, plans for the next day?
19:16 <Skaya> With Sanda deciding to stay and research magic, they will leave Marken with her for support and venture into the caves!
19:18 <•Kotono> OOC: Okay, anything to contribute to that, Devar? Just want both of your inputs before starting this off.
19:19 <Devar> OOC: nope I'm just here to help so I'll follow along
19:23 <•Kotono> Thus the remaining group returns to the caves in a cloudy, darker day that threatens storms. Skaya, Devar, Anne, Regis and Rina all proceed onwards as...OOC: Where in the caves are ou going?
19:24 <Skaya> Their very first exploration came to a a crossroad, where one path indicated slimes. Now, they've picked up some more ranged options and fought a slime, so they might as well check it out!
19:27 <•Kotono> roll 1d100
19:27 <•Kotono> OOC: One sec.
19:29 → Kobot joined (~dunefar@lunarnet-82C188CE.hr.hr.cox.net)
19:29 <•Kotono> roll 1d100
19:29 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=57 ]{57}
19:29 <•Kotono> You make it back to that passage without incident and begin to go down. OOC: Perception, both of you, start of session check for reference.
19:32 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
19:32 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=11 ]{17}
19:33 <Devar> Roll 1d20+7
19:33 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+7 --> [ 1d20=15 ]{22}
19:45 <•Kotono> You head down the passage and into a larger room. Here, around a shallow lake of drip water in the center of the room, lie perhaps half a dozen semi transparent gray slimes. They're rather large, masses that sit about or slowly slither around. Several skeletons are here, including intact gear including weapons, backpacks, coinbags and armor.
19:45 <•Kotono> OOC: Gah.
19:45 <•Kotono> You head down the passage and into a larger room. Here, around a shallow lake of drip water in the center of the room, lie perhaps half a dozen semi transparent gray slimes. They're rather large, masses that sit about or slowly slither around. Several skeletons are here, including intact gear including weapons, backpacks, coinbags and armor.  Beyond all this is a side passage going deeper down,
19:45 <•Kotono> half obscured but still visible.
19:46 <Skaya> "Since everyone got ranged options this time, we're good on taking out at least two from afar?"
19:48 <•Kotono> "It's a good haul," Regis peers ahead, "But if those slimes manage to get to us or have any surprises, we may be in trouble."
19:48 <Devar> "I'm confused about something - how can they not dissolve the other items?" Devar asks. "The backpacks at least should've been destroyed if they can turn someone into a skeleton..."
19:48 <Devar> "Did you all fight these already?" He asks as a follow-up.
19:48 <•Kotono> "Magic, it has to be," Rina says, "Maybe the slimes are like the other creatures here, but we can't tell because slimes."
19:49 <•Kotono> "We did face one slime already," Anne agrees, "Not a terribly enjoyable battle."
19:49 <Skaya> "It could be similar to the way you digest some foods but not others, or it could even be a personal preference," Skaya responds. "Ah, but keep in mind! They're slower than us, so retreat is absolutely possible!"
19:50 <Devar> He nods to them both.
19:51 <•Kotono> "Could be," Regis rubs his chin, "It's certainly worth trying. The reward looks lucrative."
19:52 <Skaya> "Alright! I'm at the front! Don't group up and stay at range. If someone still doesn't have a ranged attack after all this or runs out of weapons, keep an eye out on our exit to avoid getting boxed in."
19:56 <•Kotono> "I got it," Regis says, as the pool is about 40ft away and the closest slime is 30ft away. How are you going to do this then?
19:57 <Skaya> "Target the second closest slime," Skaya tells everyone, intending to strike before they're spotted.
19:57 <Skaya> OOC: Let's all shoot it!
20:00 <•Kotono> OOC: Surprise round, all. Go for it.
20:00 <•Kotono> OOC: I'll resolve NPCs in a moment, you two go first.
20:00 <Skaya> OOC: Since everyone should have a sling at least, and it's 50ft for range, we'll shoot and then move 30 ft back. I'll still be at the front of our group by 10ft.
20:01 <Skaya> roll 1d20+5 sling~
20:01 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+5 sling~ --> [ 1d20=2 ]{7}
20:01 <Devar> Devar isn't the most practiced with a sling but it shouldn't be too hard... so he fires off one of the bullets!
20:01 <Devar> Roll 1d20+5
20:01 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+5 --> [ 1d20=17 ]{22}
20:01 <Devar> Roll 1d4+2
20:01 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d4+2 --> [ 1d4=2 ]{4}
20:01 <•Kotono> OOC: Bot hit, roll damage.
20:02 <Skaya> roll 1d4+3+4 amazing, also cunning insight
20:02 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d4+3+4 amazing, also cunning insight --> [ 1d4=1 ]{8}
Last post by Corwin - February 22, 2024, 10:50:50 AM
Skaya

20:57 <•Kotono> ----
20:59 <•Kotono> Skaya rests in her room after dinner for a bit. A chance to recover and get it together, and that's when someone enters. Sanda comes right in, "Skaya, are you busy?"
21:00 <Skaya> "Even if I were, I'd always have time for my friend," she says pleasantly. "Want some tea?"
21:01 <•Kotono> "Yes, please," Sanda closes the door behind her, sits down and rests her head in her hand. "Logically, whomever is doing this must be a genius. Those fish are good at what they do."
21:02 <Skaya> "I figured," Skaya agrees, taking out an extra cup and pouring some of her favorite tea for Sanda. "You wanted to go over what you found out?"
21:06 <•Kotono> "It's disturbing," Sanda says, "They meld together so well. They have a fully invisible organ as well that seems to become mostly inactive once they die, but still does something to make the organ itself invisible. A few tufts of hair grow inside as well, for no reason I can understand. They have no way to excrete waste, they fully process whatever they consume. They might be omnivorous
21:06 <•Kotono> rather than carnivores, as I found signs of algae and plants in their stomachs. They have a poison gland that doesn't connect to anything, but is full of poison. As far as I can tell, they don't use it."
21:07 <Skaya> "Is it wrong to feel a bit jealous here?"
21:12 <•Kotono> "At the skill of whomever did this? No. Genius. Mad genius, but genius." Sanda concludes. "Statistically, they're quite lucky to have those gifts, even if they're using them all wrong."
21:13 — Skaya laughs. "I'm actually thinking of being able to eat anything and everything. It's so inconvenient to actually eat food normally!"
21:17 <•Kotono> "Really?" Sanda asks, a little headtilt.
21:19 <Skaya> "Sanda. There are parts of our lives that are pointless. Wouldn't you want the ability to skip on that nonsense and do more productive or fun things? As proof, the celestials or the frogs don't need to go to the bathroom!"
21:20 <•Kotono> "Yes, but food tastes good," Sanda counters, "Don't you want to eat things that taste good?"
21:21 <Skaya> "I do! I want to eat delicious things and then I want to have them magically turn into energy and strength and mana for me."
21:22 <•Kotono> "Yes, but that's what your digestive system does," Sanda says, "That's not the worst thing in the world, and well...that's why Chauntea made leaves as well, I suppose."
21:23 <Skaya> "I wonder how many wizards came up with a spell to deal with this, and kept it as their secret inheritance."
21:27 <•Kotono> "Statistically speaking?" Sanda asks back.
21:27 <Skaya> "Sure."
21:27 <•Kotono> Sanda raises her hand.
21:28 <Skaya> "Wow! Please teach me!"
21:28 <•Kotono> "I can do that if you want," Sanda says, "Once this is all over."
21:30 <Skaya> "Thanks!" Cheerful now, Skaya reminds her, "We've also drifted a bit from the topic. Did you identify a weakness, beyond their glass jaw? A signature of the wizard? Signs of more than one wizard cooperating?"
21:37 <•Kotono> "No. They're not hard to kill if you lay a weapon on them, but no particular weaknesses otherwise," A headshake, "Nothing like that, unfortunately. Just whatever you make out of their strange nature."
21:39 — Skaya takes a sip of her tea thoughtfully. "What about the invisible organ? Is it active magic?"
21:40 <•Kotono> "Very faint,b ut yes. I suspect it'll fail soon, but?" A pause, "Who knows with these things?"
21:42 <Skaya> "Is it a good component for magical items? We could harvest some more and sell them," Skaya muses. "There's a spell that preserves corpses, so it could work, or the ice."
21:43 <•Kotono> "I have no idea," Sanda replies, "I'd assume it is but it would have to be tested."
21:43 <Skaya> "Want to test it? If you manage to make something decent, it's yours!"
18:51 <•Kotono> "Of course," Sanda agrees right away, then yawns. "Even if not tonight. Tomorrow will be taxing."
18:52 <Skaya> "Want to spend a few days working on it? While your contribution is important, we can just explore the cave system a bit in the meantime."
18:58 <•Kotono> "I may," Sanda says, "What's the plan for tomorrow?"
18:59 ↔ •Kotono (promoted to owner, opped) nipped out 
19:00 <Skaya> "I was going to take a look at that other path where a sign indicating slime had been placed. Since we suspect the ancient markers were moved, I've been wondering if the new ones were really placed by adventurers or a trap of sorts."
19:01 <•Kotono> "Statistically speaking probably not, but," Sanda muses, "Statistics get strange arounda dventurers at times."
19:02 <Skaya> "Plus I don't think there's much of a statistical sample for placard placed in underground caverns by unknown persons."
19:07 <•Kotono> "Exactly," Sanda continues in thought, "Still...was there anything else?"
19:10 <Skaya> "I want to go down the path earth elementals populated, but it can wait. Especially if we can manage some exciting invisibility!"
19:13 <•Kotono> A nod at that as...OOC: Anything else to do here?
19:15 <Skaya> OOC: We're good
Last post by Corwin - February 22, 2024, 10:49:59 AM
Devar

20:54 <•Kotono> That evening, Devar stands outside of the inn they're at. As he does, he sees Anne out of her armor and in a simple traveling dress, coming back to the inn with a bag. She nods at Devar as she passes, "Good evening."
20:56 <•Devar> He offers her a nod. "Evening. Talk about turning over a rock to find something underneath it, huh."
20:58 <•Kotono> "It's been a tough day," Anne agrees, "Come join me for a drink? I'd like to talk about something else - who you serve, and who I serve."
20:59 <•Devar> "Sure." He says with a nod.
21:00 <•Kotono> A pair of drinks and a decent enough (if old) taproom is good enough. Only a few other people are here, so the two of you have space and privacy. Anne has a mug of ale and drinks deep, then sets it down. "So who is it you serve, Devar?"
21:03 <•Devar> "Eldath." He says simply. "Formerly Tempus, but..." A shake of his head. "I doubt I need to explain to you in too much detail the why part of it."
21:08 <•Kotono> "I know many former followers of Tempus, Marken's one." Anne answers, drinking again, "Eldath. Pacifism, I believe?"
21:10 <•Devar> "Correct - but don't get me wrong, I'm not going to put myself in between all of you and shout that we find a nonviolent path for some evildoer." He says. "If a peaceful resolution is possible then it's my preference... but doing good in the world is more important to me."
21:14 <•Kotono> An accepting nod, another drink. "I've heard there's not many followers of Eldath because battle is so often necessary. It's not an easy path. But then again, few are easy. I think it's admirable that you're willing to try."
21:17 <•Devar> "I've thought about vows of noviolence and poverty in the past, but they're just not for me." He says, swirling a drink around a few times. "I think I can be more helpful just doing my best out there. Seems like you guys all have a really diverse bunch of devotees."
21:18 <•Kotono> "We were drawn together thanks to Rina and Regis," Anne answers, "So it was a matter of who they know. Myself, I follow Moore. Are you familiar with him? He's one who arose in the Godsrush."
21:22 <•Devar> "Hmm... Oh, he's the hope-y one, right?" Devar says. "I know that sort of diminishes what he stands for, but that's not my intent. I know how powerful that sort of thing can be - hope for a better tomorrow got me out of a lot of really bad situations."
21:25 <•Kotono> "Yes, exactly." Anne brightens, "He participated in the battles of the Final Day as well. I follow him, but I pay respects to the others with him. Cresiel and Kaja, Xandra and Jetina the healer. Though not Lady Sylvie. Unless she speaks to you, it's forbidden and it's said misfortune comes on those who ignore that. They all support Moore, just as the Red Knight and Garagos support Tempus."
21:29 <•Devar> "Someone like him probably really brought all of those other ones together." He says with a bit of a jealous smile. "Or... however all of that stuff works," he waves a hand in the air vaguely. "Not for us mortals to know, but, I'm glad its a situation where all of you can get along even if you follow differing paths."
21:32 <•Kotono> "It's nice," Annea grees, "Before the civil war, Tempus dominated this kingdom. It's nice that things are so much better now."
21:33 <•Devar> "It..." He pauses for a second. "You'd think that everyone following one god would create order and make everyone happier, but... it really turns people into zealots."
21:33 <•Devar> "Or maybe I should say it can, if left completely alone." He adds.
21:35 <•Kotono> "It can," Anne agrees, "So here we are instead."
21:36 <•Devar> "Well, I don't know where your paths are taking all of you after this... weird hole-in-the-ground business is over, but I'll be happy to help out." He says. "You all seem like good people."
21:39 <•Kotono> A toast to yo uat that and Anne finishes her drink. "Good, I'm glad we won't have any problems. Marken's agreeable as well. Sanda and I even had a talk and cleared the strife between us."
21:40 <•Devar> "I'm glad to hear that." He says with a nod. "Oh, have you checked out those... creatures yet? I really have to wonder what we're ultimately dealing with..."
21:41 <•Kotono> "Sanda did, they're bizarre," Anne answers, "She can give you the details better than I."
21:44 <•Devar> He nods. "Hm, still have to wonder about that password, too. Unfortunately it could be anything, so unless we can catch them in the act of opening it or have something that can fool it, we're kind of out of luck there."
18:49 <•Kotono> "It could be anything," Anne comments, "Or in any language, or not even be a word. Still, it's an option if all else fails in this."
18:53 <Devar> "We might get lucky and find out they wrote it down." Devar says. "But either way, we still have more questions than answers, so hopefully the answers start turning up."
18:58 <•Kotono> "There's always hope for that," Anne smiles back at that.
18:59 ↔ •Kotono (promoted to owner, opped) nipped out 
19:00 <Devar> "Indeed." Devar agrees. "Hopefully they come without any bloodshed."
19:00 <•Kotono> OOC: Good there, Devar?
19:02 <Devar> OOC yep
19:07 <•Kotono> OOC: Lemme just finish up Cor then.
Last post by Corwin - February 22, 2024, 10:48:58 AM
19:03 <•Kotono> Devar and Skaya move fast. Devar swings but misses, going low. Skaya goes high and hits it with one big kick, a direct hit that sends it skyward. Its body breaks as it flies up, soaring back to splash down into the lake. No sign of it coming back from that sort of hit. A moment later Marken is there, Anne behind him and Sanda back as well. Long moments of silence before, "Nice kick," Marken
19:03 <•Kotono> says. OOC: Free act. One shot crit does things.
19:04 <•Kotono> "There may be more than one," Anne braces in the meantime, "Don't let your guard down."
19:04 — Skaya grins at Marken, giving him a victory sign.
19:06 <•Kotono> Marken gives a brief nod, turning his gaze to the lake as well. "At least they're not terribly durable," he says, "One or two good blows seems to be enough."
19:07 <•Devar> "Sorry, it sounded like you'd run into these things already down here?" Devar asks.
19:08 <Skaya> Now that she's met with two of them already, Skaya thinks back to her studies. Are they natural, or is it some subtle chimera?
19:09 <•Kotono> They aren't natural as far as Skaya knows. Flying, invisible sorta shark fish aren't in the normal bestiary, so to say. Likely a wizard's behind it.
19:09 <•Kotono> "We did, one of them," Anne says, as - splash. Splash, splash, splash. More splashes from the lake. While still mostly invisible, you can see at least three more of them rise up from the depths of the dark underground lake.
19:10 <Skaya> "Yeah, there was another one in that small pond that we crossed to get here," she responds to Devar. "And looks like they're not natural. I was thinking the last one was stretching it, but the flying thing is too much."
19:10 <•Devar> "At least the water gives their presence away." He says.
19:11 <•Kotono> "And here we go," Anne says, "Sanda, stay back!"
19:12 <•Kotono> "I can participate just fine, you overarmored goldheart!" Sanda fires back, staff at the ready.
19:12 <Skaya> "The staff is a last resort!" Skaya agrees. "That looks more impressive, too!"
19:12 <•Kotono> OOC: Init regardless at this point. You clearl yhave a problem, or this entire lake has a problem. Either way it's not good.
19:12 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
19:12 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=13 ]{19}
19:12 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+5 Marken
19:12 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+5 Marken --> [ 1d20=13 ]{18}
19:12 <•Devar> roll 1d20+2
19:12 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+2 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{18}
19:12 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+2 Anne
19:12 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 Anne --> [ 1d20=9 ]{11}
19:12 <•Kotono> roll 1d20 Sanda
19:12 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20 Sanda --> [ 1d20=12 ]{12}
19:12 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+3 Shark 1?
19:12 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+3 Shark 1? --> [ 1d20=13 ]{16}
19:12 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+3 Shark 2?
19:12 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+3 Shark 2? --> [ 1d20=7 ]{10}
19:13 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+3 Shark 3?
19:13 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+3 Shark 3? --> [ 1d20=7 ]{10}
19:13 <•Kotono> Init is Skaya (19) > Marken = Devar (18) > Shark 1 (16) > Sanda (12) > Anne (11) > Shark 2 = Shark 3 (10)
19:14 <•Kotono> OOC: Go Skaya. Right now they're out over the lake.
19:16 <Skaya> "Come!" Skaya invites the sharks, waiting to intercept the first one to dash their way!
19:16 <Skaya> OOC: I'll hold until Shark 1 comes over
19:16 <•Kotono> OOC: Devar's up, go.
19:17 <•Kotono> Marken meanwhile holds as well, ready to intercept any sharks that come at him (obviously) or Sanda, or otherwise react.
19:18 <•Devar> There's not much to be done at this range, so Devar waits along with the others, sword at the ready! OOC: Holding too
19:19 <•Kotono> The first shark soars in, going in the direction of Devar, soaring towards him and...OOC: Go ahead, whomever wants to take their held action here. Marken'll hold longer since there's more than one and Skaya'll probably want to get the first one again.
19:20 — Skaya dashes to intercept it with an uppercut!
19:20 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6+2 charge~
19:20 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6+2 charge~ --> [ 1d20=10 ]{18}
19:21 <Skaya> roll 1d6+3+4
19:21 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d6+3+4 --> [ 1d6=3 ]{10}
19:21 <•Devar> OOC: I'll go if that doesn't kill it
19:22 <•Kotono> Init is Marken = Devar (18) > Skaya (16) > Sanda (12) > Anne (11) > Shark 2 = Shark 3 (10)
19:22 <•Kotono> OOC: No need yet.
19:23 <•Kotono> Skaya rushes forward and meets it at the edge of the lake. An uppercut sends it flying, course intercepted and body broken. It's knocked flying away as meanwhile -! OOC: Perception for Marken and Devar.
19:23 <•Devar> roll 1d20+7
19:23 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+7 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{23}
19:24 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+8
19:24 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+8 --> [ 1d20=8 ]{16}
19:25 <•Kotono> ! It's very subtle, but Devar sees a few droplets of water above. The barest glance and from straight above, one of those nearl yinvisible sharks is barreling down at Anne's head. Marken doesn't react to it, no sign he sees it.
19:26 <•Devar> "Above you, Anne!" Devar shouts in her direction!
19:27 <•Kotono> Anne at least looks up, some level of reaction as...!
19:27 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+8 (+2 charge)
19:27 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+8 (+2 charge) --> [ 1d20=6 ]{14}
19:28 <•Kotono> Your warning was just in time by the barest margin. Anne begins to move and what would've been a head on collision is instead an impact with her armored shoulder. The flying fish shimmers into more visibility as Anne grunts in pain, but avoided the worst of it as...OOC: More.
19:28 <•Kotono> Init is Marken = Devar (18) > Skaya (16) > Shark 4 (15) > Sanda (12) > Anne (11) > Shark 2 = Shark 3 (10)
19:29 <•Kotono> "Are they ambushers?!" Sanda cries, "They're ambushing us! You terrible little things!"
19:30 <•Kotono> Marken looks up - just in time to see another one coming down at Sanda's head. "Shaundakul-" he breathes out, before, "Sanda! Dodge!"
19:30 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+8 (+2 charge)
19:30 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+8 (+2 charge) --> [ 1d20=11 ]{19}
19:30 <•Kotono> roll 1d10+4+1d6
19:30 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d10+4+1d6 --> [ 1d10=7 1d6=2 ]{13}
19:31 <•Kotono> Init is Marken = Devar (18) > Skaya (16) > Shark 4 (15) > Shark 5 (13) > Sanda (12) > Anne (11) > Shark 2 = Shark 3 (10)
19:32 <•Kotono> The flying monster slams down and knocks Sanda flat, the collision bad. What's worse is it begins to bite her head, chomping on as if it wants to turn her brain into a snack. For her part Sanda's down, no signs of movement as...OOC: Devar and Marken, are you going to take your held turns at this point? Chance before I move forward with Sanda's turn.
19:33 <Skaya> "Sanda!"
19:35 <•Devar> OOC: Yeah, I'll try and move towards Sanda to help out with the shark-thing
19:35 <•Kotono> OOC: Sure, go for it.
19:35 <•Kotono> Init is Marken (18) > Skaya (16) > Shark 4 (15) > Shark 5 = Devar (13) > Sanda (12) > Anne (11) > Shark 2 = Shark 3 (10)
19:36 <•Devar> Devar runs over to Sanda to try and get rid of the shark off of her, or at least make for another target!
19:36 <•Devar> roll 1d20+5
19:36 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+5 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{10}
19:39 <•Kotono> Devar races over but can't quite land a blow. He has to check his blow, unable to get an angle that won't hit Sanda as well as the shark. Marken's right there with him, and tries himself, trying to get it and off of her, "Wanderer, bless my blows!"
19:39 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+5
19:39 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+5 --> [ 1d20=10 ]{15}
19:40 <•Kotono> roll 1d8+3
19:40 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d8+3 --> [ 1d8=6 ]{9}
19:40 <•Kotono> Init is Skaya (16) > Shark 4 (15) > Marken = Devar (13) > Sanda (12) > Anne (11) > Shark 2 = Shark 3 (10)
19:41 <•Kotono> A heavy enough blow breaks the shark, making it go limp even as blood begins to flow down from where it's still bitten into Sanda's head, the sides of it and the front. Anne meanwhile is rather busy, whirling on the shark that attacked her, carefully stepping aside and kneeling, "Sanda," she cries, "I call on you, my master, bring hope!"
19:41 <•Kotono> roll 1d8+3
19:41 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d8+3 --> [ 1d8=5 ]{8}
19:42 <•Kotono> The healing stops the bleeding and Sanda manages a groan, a coughing gasp for air. However, that's not the end, and the two remaining sharks are charging - one at Skaya and one at Marken, both flying in only half seen.
19:42 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+8 (+2 charge) vs Skaya
19:42 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+8 (+2 charge) vs Skaya --> [ 1d20=6 ]{14}
19:42 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+8 (+2 charge) vs Marken
19:43 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+8 (+2 charge) vs Marken --> [ 1d20=10 ]{18}
19:43 <•Kotono> OOC: AC?
19:44 <Skaya> OOC: 14 due to charging
19:45 <•Kotono> roll 1d10+4 Skaya ow
19:45 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d10+4 Skaya ow --> [ 1d10=9 ]{13}
19:45 <•Kotono> roll 1d10+4 Marken ow
19:45 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d10+4 Marken ow --> [ 1d10=5 ]{9}
19:46 <•Kotono> OOC: HP after that?
19:46 <Skaya> OOC: 10
19:47 <•Kotono> Pain. Pain fills everything Skaya does as her shoulder gets chomped. Overwhelming pain as part of her is torn away, devoured before her eyes. She's aware she's bleeding from it, starting to bleed quite a lot as...OOC: Go Skaya.
19:47 <•Kotono> Meanwhile, Market is slammed into, his hand bitten down on with howl of pain. "You little b-" is all Marken can manage as he struggles, "Kill them now, while they're vulnerable!"
19:48 <Skaya> If it had been before she'd left on this trip, Skaya would be shocked. But she'd been wounded worse by the bandit ambush, and been in more dangerous situations after. With Sanda and Anne safe for the time being, she focuses on punching the shark attached to her!
19:48 <Skaya> roll 2#1d20+4+4
19:48 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 2#1d20+4+4 --> [ 1d20=12 ]{20}, [ 1d20=18 ]{26}
19:48 <Skaya> roll 2#1d6+3
19:48 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 2#1d6+3 --> [ 1d6=4 ]{7}, [ 1d6=4 ]{7}
19:52 <•Kotono> Init is Skaya (16) > Shark 4 (15) > Marken = Devar (13) > Sanda (12) > Anne (11) > Shark 3 (10)
19:54 <•Kotono> A pair of blows break the shark, sending its body skipping along the ground and still. It doesnt't rise, as meanwhile the fourth shark carefully retreats upward, flying back up and out of range. OOC: Marke and Devar, go, there's one shark left, the one that bit Marken.
19:55 <Skaya> OOC: Aren't there 2? What about the one that attacked Anne?
19:55 <•Kotono> OOC: That's the one that just withdrew.
19:56 <•Kotono> OOC: The other one is the one that bit Marken, which is still in hitting and stabbin' range if that's your intent.
19:56 <Skaya> OOC: Yeah, got it
19:57 <•Devar> Devar takes another swing at the final shark!
19:57 <•Devar> roll 1d20+5
19:57 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+5 --> [ 1d20=6 ]{11}
19:57 <•Devar> OOC: I am not very good at fighting sharks, it seems
19:57 <•Kotono> OOC: Geez. Don't go swimming in Florida land this year.
20:01 <•Kotono> Another valiant swing and a miss, Devar not able to connect. Marken grimaces and places his good hand right agaisnt the fish's body, "Go still as the winter roads," he hisses, as ice crystals gather around his hand before-!
20:01 <•Kotono> roll 3d6
20:01 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 3d6 --> [ 3d6=11 ]{11}
20:01 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+5 touch AC whoops
20:01 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+5 touch AC whoops --> [ 1d20=18 ]{23}
20:02 <•Kotono> In an instant the fish is frosted over and no longer biting desperately. For the moment at least, you're almost safe - if not for the shark still above. Sanda whimpers, "It hurts!" as she removes the shark from her head. She has bleeding wounds on her sides and around her nose. Shallow ones now thankfully, but her face is still stained red. OOC: Sanda wanted to remove the fish off of her. Not
20:02 <•Kotono> optimal but reasonable enough in her position. Anne's up.
20:03 <•Kotono> Anne bows her head, "Mercy! Mercy and hope, I ask of you! In the name of your Lady Jetina, bring forth healing!" Warm, gentle golden light fills the area around all of you, restoring all but Anne.
20:03 <•Kotono> roll 2d6 channel energy healing for all
20:03 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 2d6 channel energy healing for all --> [ 2d6=6 ]{6}
20:03 <•Kotono> Init is Skaya (16) > Shark 4 (15) > Marken = Devar (13) > Sanda (12) > Anne (11)
20:03 <•Kotono> OOC: Skaya, go, in case you have anything to do with the shark. It's 20ft above you now.
20:04 <Skaya> "There is no escape!" Skaya declares, and a pair of missiles shoot out towards the shark.
20:04 <Skaya> roll 2d4+2
20:04 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 2d4+2 --> [ 2d4=4 ]{6}
20:05 <•Kotono> Both missiles hit, rocking the shark in the air. It's not down and flees away 20ft, back over the waters of the lake and fleeing. Marken withdraws his only partly maimed hand now and grabs his holy symbol, "Shaundakul, the path is long, be with us!"
20:05 <•Kotono> roll 2d6 channel energy for healing everyone but him
20:05 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 2d6 channel energy for healing everyone but him --> [ 2d6=6 ]{6}
20:05 <Skaya> "Sanda, can you shoot that fleeing shark?"
20:05 <•Kotono> By now Sanda's wounds are gone, as Skaya's shoulder restores itself. At the same time...OOC: Devar.
20:07 <•Devar> Devar puts a hand on Marken's shoulder. "We can't leave it bleeding like that, hold still." He says. OOC: 4 points of lay on hands healing.
20:07 <•Kotono> The wounded hand seals over, the bleeding stopped. He flexes it before he nods, "My thanks." Sanda meanwhile manages to get up, and on wobbly legs points, "Just die, you stupid illogical fish! You're a statistical anomaly, and anomalies die!"
20:07 <•Kotono> roll 2d5+2
20:07 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 2d5+2 --> [ 2d5=5 ]{7}
20:08 <•Kotono> roll 2d4+2
20:08 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 2d4+2 --> [ 2d4=6 ]{8}
20:08 <•Kotono> Two missiles slam through it, this time the fish falling broken and dead. It splashes down and no more splashes come up. For now at least, it seems to be over. OOC: Free act.
20:08 <Skaya> "Nice job! Are you still dizzy?"
20:10 <•Kotono> With a stumble Sanda goes to Anne and leans on her for support. "A little," she answers, as Anne bears this and helps her.
20:11 <Skaya> "Hang in there a little longer," she says, before turning towards Marken. "How about you? Any lingering pains?"
20:11 <•Kotono> "We should gather the fish. Both to let others know what's down here, and in case they're worth anything rendered down," Anne comments. "If a great many of these have been bred, then there's an expendible force of disposable fodder."
20:11 <•Kotono> "My hand's fine. You?" Marken asks, still flexing his hand open and closed.
20:12 <•Kotono> "I don't you got hurt, at least, Devar?" Marken then asks him, "Fortune favors you today."
20:12 <Skaya> "Some pain but no loss of function. If you can spare more healing once we get back, it'd be great," Skaya responds. "Anne, Devar, you two doing good?" She hadn't seen them get injured seriously, but it did get chaotic.
20:12 <•Devar> "Have you all had any time to investigate these sharks?" Devar asks, looking down at one of the corpses. "I'm just rather curious what we're dealing with here... ah, no, I'm fine, they didn't hit me at all."
20:14 <Skaya> "At first it seemed like a chameleon shark species, but since they're flying they're clearly man-made," Skaya responds, looking for the more intact corpses. Probably not ones she beat up, huh.
20:14 <•Kotono> "I'm fine," Anne answers, "A bruise at worst, and that's gone now."
20:15 <•Kotono> There's a few. Not fully intact for obvious reasons, but still more or less in one piece. The one Marken froze in particular is in good shape and even on ice (temporarily).
20:15 <•Devar> Devar nods. "I'm no expert, but I'm happy to help try and figure out if they're just regular animals that were altered or just... I guess constructs of some nature, maybe?"
20:16 <•Kotono> "Hm," Sanda kneels to inspect the frozen one, "I don't see any signs of golemization, but I wouldn't rule anything out. AT the least they're absolutely the creations of magic."
20:16 <Skaya> "Well, statistically speaking," Skaya says with a grin, "aren't they chimera? What with us investigating the chimera, and running into a birdog chimera nearby, and the wizard living right here in the rock?"
20:16 <•Kotono> "Golem...zation?" Anne asks, "Is that truly a word? Is birdog even a word as well?"
20:17 <Skaya> "How do you think words are added to the language?"
20:17 <•Kotono> "Of course they are, but they can be something else as well. A dog is both a canine and a pet." Sanda answers.
20:17 <•Kotono> "Oghma reveals us new words and we accept them?" Anne answers back, "Those of knowledge teach us and we accept their gifts."
20:18 <Skaya> "Words can appear in speech and if they are widely-accepted, they are added formally later on! So someone can be creating and introducing new words every moment, somewhere!"
20:20 <•Kotono> "REgardless," Marken cuts in, "I suggest we retreat out with these, regroup and recover. That battle was not easy, and more may come. This is not a good place to sit and discuss."
20:22 — Skaya grabs the frozen shark in agreement, saying, "Devar and Marken, can you bring another one with you? Two should be enough. Anne, you can lead the way, Sanda after you, I'll bring up the rear."
20:24 <•Devar> "Sure." He agrees, leaning down to grab one that looks the most intact.
20:24 <•Kotono> The party moves to do so and from there...
20:24 <•Kotono> roll 1d100
20:24 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=60 ]{60}
20:24 <•Kotono> roll 1d100+5
20:24 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100+5 --> [ 1d100=78 ]{83}
20:25 <•Kotono> Fortunately, the trip back out is safe. You emerge into the afternoon and fresh air, safe and sound. Regis awaits, "How'd it go," he asks, gnawing on a bit of jerky.
20:25 <Skaya> "So these stealth sharks. They can fly!"
20:26 <•Kotono> "What?!" From a tent Rina is heard, then she pokes her head out of one. "But they can FLY? As in the air like a bird."
20:27 <•Kotono> "Truly?" Regis says slowly, "Like a bird?" he echos.
20:27 <•Kotono> "Like big, evil birds," Anne agrees, "Cursed things."
20:27 <Skaya> "Slower than a bird. But they're huge! Geez, they drop on your head from cover!"
20:27 <•Kotono> "Like a predator laying a trap," Regis asks.
20:28 <Skaya> "They're pretty smart, yeah. We brought a few back!"
20:28 <•Kotono> "Just so," Marken says. "Possibly pack tactics like wolves as well, but I'm not certain based one encounter. Maybe they just attack in groups or were controlled, I don't know."
20:29 <•Kotono> "I'll like to take one apart," Sanda says, "But bringing these back and letting others know of the threat is only smart. Though I wonder how long they can be out of water?"
20:30 <•Devar> "They were also smart enough to know to be stealthy." Devar points out.
20:30 <Skaya> "I don't think it's a short time. Because they can fly."
20:30 <•Kotono> "We should request more gold when we get back to Mellanics, this job is more dangerous than I thought," Regis grumbles, "Because they can fly. Of course they can fly."
20:31 <Skaya> "I'm serious! When the last one was retreating, it was flying away over water. Not diving into the water."
20:31 <•Kotono> "Of course. More reason that we need hope," Anne agrees, "That part's interesting to me as well, and that's a good point, Skaya."
20:31 <•Kotono> "They may be able to breathe air indefinitely," Marken speculates, "Perhaps they sleep or mate in the water, but otherwise don't need it?"
20:33 <•Kotono> "Mate...? Oh no, we have tos top them before they end up in lakes and rivers all around. It would be a disaster," Rina calls, the sound of clothes and shuffling. She emerges and says, "Imagine if breeding pairs of these got out beyond these caves and laid long low enough to establish numbers."
20:33 <Skaya> "So let's summarize our findings so far," Skaya voices. "There are a lot of these flying stealth sharks in at least two nearby underground ponds. There is a bird-dog-earth elemental chimera we met nearby. There are also at least two ancient plaques talking in Draconic of a great power beneath, who were moved and secretly posed in different places. And there is a wizard who went into the rock with some magic, likely a door
20:33 <Skaya> triggered with magic."
20:33 <•Kotono> "Those lizards were bad enough, and we had to wipe out the nest to the last egg," Regis seconds, "It was horrible."
20:35 <•Kotono> Anne goes to sit on a nearby rock, big enough for her. "If we paint with what we have, we get a picture of a mage or mages conducting horrible experiments and succeeding, possibly with something below the drained lake."
20:35 <Skaya> "And it's been affecting the nearby communities, too, according by rumors and from Regis and Rina's personal experience."
20:37 <•Kotono> "Everything about this is horrible and we need to apply ample fire,d eath and destruction to purify it," Anne concludes. "Does that sound correct?"
20:37 <•Devar> "There was also that giant statue-elemental thing that seemed to be asleep." Devar adds. "I'm not sure that helps with anything, though."
20:38 <•Kotono> "Oh, and they're playing with elementals ins ome fashion as well. Just because this couldn't be worse." Anne adds.
20:38 <Skaya> "Maybe that's the might below?" Skaya shrugs. "We keep on thinking it means going deeper, but we're already pretty deep as is. Hey, how about we have Sanda ask the elementals? We know down what path we can find them."
20:39 <•Kotono> "That's a good next move tomorrow," Marken says, "I suggest we take these fish back, rest a night and attempt this fresh in the morning. Give a little time for whatever we stirred up to calm down as well."
20:40 <Skaya> "Sure."
20:41 <•Kotono> "I'd also suggest we look into long ranged options, if you lack them. Bow and arrow, darts or even a sling and stones," Anne goes on, "More reliable options would've helped us at a few points down there. There's still all those slimes, too."
20:41 <•Kotono> Sanda speaks up here, "Or be civilized and learn magic missile."
20:42 — Skaya nods here. "Magic missile works."
20:42 <•Kotono> "Not repeatable," Anne says flatly, "Hope is not something cast once and forgotten. Better to have it and not need it than need it and die for not having it."
20:43 <•Kotono> "If you can't cast magic missile enough, then you need to get better at magic," Sanda retorts with a bit of heat. "But yes fine, statistically buying a sling makes sense, or throwing darts."
20:44 <•Kotono> "Hey, is something...?" Regis begins, "No, let's do this another way. Stop it. Infighting gets people killed. Whatever's bothering both of you, talk about it tonight once we have some free time and you can do it privately."
20:45 <Skaya> "I can use a longbow, but they're pretty expensive. Not a good investment for just dabblers. A sling works, I suppose."
20:45 <•Kotono> "A sling's cheap," Rina pipes in here, "And I have more darts in my pack if people like them. Or even a throwing dagger if you're good with them."
20:45 <•Kotono> Anne bows her head and shuts up.
20:46 <•Kotono> Sanda does likewise as meanwhile Marken clears his throat, "Let's all go back. A good meal and drink will help as well."
20:49 <Skaya> "Sure!"
20:50 <•Kotono> roll 1d100-5
20:50 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100-5 --> [ 1d100=6 ]{1}
20:50 <•Kotono> Your trip back? Perfectly peaceful and...OOC: Do you two want to get into any details here about the mundane stuff? Also, any to dos beyond basic upkeep in town?
20:51 <•Devar> OOC: Nothing notable for me, I'll help with the shark stuff if anyone needs it
20:52 <Skaya> OOC: I'll buy a sling and some stones and some darts and a few sai. Nothing ic.
Last post by Corwin - February 22, 2024, 10:48:19 AM
19:36 <•Kotono> OOC: Give me Perception as well, whomever is on point. If that's an NPC tell me which one.
19:37 <•Kotono> OOC: I'll have Kobot up in a moment, I just realized since I rebooted last night.
19:39 → Kobot joined (~dunefar@lunarnet-82C188CE.hr.hr.cox.net)
19:39 <Kobot> OOC: I'm here.
19:39 <•Kotono> OOC: Okay, so question stands.
19:40 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
19:40 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{13}
19:43 <•Kotono> You walk around the underground lake and do a quick circuit to get a better grasp of things. There's five other passages that lead into here and two stand out. One has marks on the wall besides it, scored four times, as if counting. Deep nad firmly, as if with a powerful blade that can cut into stone. The second passage stands out for despite being underground, having tufts of blue-green grass
19:43 <•Kotono> growing out from the stony ground within it.  Beyond that, you get a closer look at the stone construction. It's a half dozen benches around a large stable, of obviously good craftsmanship even to the untrained eye. Smoothly polished, shaped beautifully and with little swirls and decorations engraved in.
19:44 <•Kotono> Anne lingers by the stonework, then shakes her head, "There's no way it's worth carrying up, even if we could carry the entire set."
19:44 <•Kotono> To that point Marken smiles, "You'd want one of those magical bags that can hold large objects. I suspect you're right in the unspoken part that it's worth good gold coins."
19:45 <Skaya> Wow! Real adventurers are different, even if they're raising orphans. She hadn't even considered of grabbing the stone furniture!
19:45 <•Kotono> To that Sanda archly comments, "Profit is the point, but that's too much like a common thief. Treasure and plunder is different from furniture robbing!"
19:45 <Skaya> "Ah, Sanda! This is why we're such good friends!" Skaya exclaims, glomping onto the wizard.
19:46 <•Kotono> "Imagine how much food, clothing, shelter and hope that set could buy," Anne counters right back, as Sanda takes your hug in good graces and smiles back at Anne. Anne returns that smile as the two lock eyes, silent combat.
19:47 <•Kotono> Marken keeps his eyes of that particular squabble, staying alert instead.
19:47 <•Kotono> *off
19:49 <Skaya> "Alright, alright," Skaya says, letting go of Sanda. "We can only take furniture if it belongs to a bad person and we've defeated them. Since neither condition is fulfilled, let's explore the passage with the grass first?"
19:49 <Devar> Devar stays quiet too, offering a nod.
19:53 <•Kotono> You go down that passage. The grass is sparse but visible, and as you get even closer? You can see faint wisps of blue-green light rises up from it. Sanda lingers by it, "Curious, I don't know what it is," she says, "I've never heard of grass quite like this, though it resembles other magical types to a greater or lesser degree." OOC: SAnda takes 10 on K:A and K:N.
19:53 <•Kotono> "If you have the means to do so, a sample might be worthwhile," Marken says, "It may be worth a bit of money, as well as a useful thing to research."
19:54 <•Kotono> "Oh yes, of course," Sanda murmur to herself, kneeling and rustling within her equipment. "One moment."
19:54 <Skaya> OOC: I'll take 10 as well, with cunning knowledge, for 21 on both
19:59 <•Kotono> You dimly recall a bit of knowledge. Of stone-like blue-green grass, that gently sheds poison. You don't recall how the poison is delivered, between contact, consumption of it, being around it or some other measure, nor do you recall any onset time of symptoms.
20:00 <Skaya> "Oh! It's poisonous. On second thought, let's not go there."
20:11 <•Kotono> "Poisonous?" Sanda scowls and hurries back right away.
20:11 <•Kotono> Anne shakes her head and follows, "Pretty, but poisonous. What kind of poison?"
20:11 <Skaya> "Don't remember, it's not my favorite reading material," Skaya says with a shrug. "Let's check out the other path after all?"
20:12 <Devar> "And is it being grown for a reason?" Devar asks.
20:12 <•Kotono> "Oh. Well then, statistically speaking, if we start dropping dead, we'll know why," Sanda says, cheerfully.
20:12 — Skaya coughs.
20:18 <•Kotono> Marken matches that cough as Anne glowrs at Sanda, "That goes iwthout saying. Sanda, please don't say such things that discourage and worry others needlessly."
20:18 <•Kotono> "Why not?" Sanda answers, "Better to be prepared for something like that to happen, in case preparation matters."
20:18 <Skaya> "I'd imagine both paths are dangerous, so let's keep our head in the game," Skaya says, ignoring that debate and leading the way into the marked passage.
20:26 <•Kotono> You go to the marked passage. It heads slowly ahead, winding but broader than the previous. Plenty of space to move here, as you see not far within a plaque is embedded into the ground.
20:26 → •Nephrite (opped) joined 
20:26 <Skaya> Naturally, she will read the plague!
20:28 <•Kotono> There's writing in draconic on it. It reads: The roar of the earth is the roar of the world. Might sleeps within the womb of the world, to be born below.
20:29 <Skaya> "Oh, it's the next chapter!" Skaya exclaims, before translating for everyone.
20:32 <•Kotono> Anne, having been there for both, listens carefully. "I think it repeated itself with that first part, didn't it?"
20:32 <•Kotono> "That's fairly explicit," Marken comments, "And may explain a great deal. Something strong's below, asleep, and grows powerful. There has to be something that provoked the draining of the lake in the first place."
20:33 <Skaya> "Exactly. The second sentence from the previous plaque is the first sentence here. There must be a whole chain of them here!"
20:33 <•Kotono> Sanda sniffs, "And we easily find clues that point to it. Statistically speaking, it sounds like deception."
20:33 <•Kotono> "Or only a few people know about it, and many who find out don't make it out alive to tell others," Anne counters, "We've been in several difficult battles already."
20:33 — Skaya tries to estimate how old the plaque is!
20:34 <•Kotono> OOC: Got any relevant skills.
20:34 <Skaya> OOC: I have all the skills! But which is them maps to this/
20:34 <Skaya> OOC: Nature?
20:35 <Skaya> OOC: Dungeoneering?
20:35 <•Kotono> OOC: That's a really good question. Appraise, let's say since you have all of them.
20:36 <Skaya> roll 1d20+7+4
20:36 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+7+4 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{31}
20:36 <•Kotono> OOC: Lucky.
20:37 <•Kotono> On the one hand, it's old. Genuinely old. You have no doubt about that. On the other hand, it's incredibly subtle, but you can tell. This plaque's been moved and carefully installed here. It's well done, but you can see a few telltell signs that this was added here, and possibly not that long ago.
20:38 <Skaya> "Wow, you're both right!" Skaya says in admiration. "The plaque itself is original and ancient, but on the other hand, someone did plant it here and try to cover up their tracks! So the actually correct path is probably not this one? Maybe it's the one where the elementals barred our path before?"
20:38 <•Kotono> "Huh?" Sanda says, voice completely flat.
20:39 <Skaya> "I studied a lot, right? All sorts of knowledge is in my head!" Skaya says cheerfully, tapping the side of her head for emphasis.
20:39 <•Kotono> Anne frowns at that, "Of course I was right, but-wait, what?" she echos Sanda. "Are you saying the marks are posisbly a distraction as well, to indicate a promising path marked by others?
20:39 <•Kotono> "
20:39 <Skaya> "So it seems!"
20:40 <•Kotono> Marken chuckles, "Statistically speaking, if this was moved," Sanda suddenly turns right to him and pays attention, "It may mean that or something else, but regardless, some manner of trickery is afoot."
20:40 <•Kotono> "In the name of Hope's Landing, please don't use her phrases. It's disarming," Anne protests.
20:41 <Skaya> "Let's go in all the same and see what's there," Skaya proposes. "If there's nothing of interest, we'll revisit the path with the elementals. That's probably where that drum sound was coming from, anyway."
20:42 <•Devar> roll 1d20+8
20:42 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+8 --> [ 1d20=15 ]{23}
20:45 <•Devar> A frown as Devar glances back the way they came. He speaks quietly, but loud enough so the others can hear him. "Hey - I heard... something, back at the lake. Like something trying to be sneaky but just loud enough that it made some waves."
20:45 <Skaya> "Ooh, is it a stealthy wizard?" Skaya asks excitedly. But quietly!
20:49 <•Kotono> "Or some manner of fish like before?" Anne asks.
20:49 <•Kotono> "Or a slime," Sanda says, "I could see that.":
20:50 <•Kotono> "Or a water elemental. If there's earth elementals, why not incarnations of water as well?" Marken questions back.
20:50 <Skaya> "Come on! Sanda, don't your wizard senses tell you anything?"
20:50 <•Kotono> With a sniff, "My wizard senses tell me that unless I'm a seer, a splash isn't very informative."
20:50 <Skaya> "In that case, some brave soul should be sacrificed to take a proper look."
20:50 <•Kotono> "It wouldn't be for you," Anne agrees pleasantly, "Did it sound like a big splash?"
20:51 <•Devar> "Not particularly." Devar says. "It probably could've gone unnoticed entirely."
20:56 <Skaya> Since no one is volunteering, Skaya is a bit sad but decides to do it herself! Turning around, she heads for the lake!
21:00 <•Kotono> With that at least Anne follows, with Sanda doing so far behind. Marken shakes his head but follows as wella fter that. Falling in with Devar, "Good ears," he murmurs. Meanwhile, the party goes back and -! It leaps from the water. It's the same mostly invisible, gray shark as before. You notice it easily, as it bursts ouf of the water and flies right at the party in a headlong charge. Anne
21:00 <•Kotono> gapes, "They can FLY?! What? WHY?!"
21:00 <•Kotono> "Abominable," Marken grits his teeth, the slither of steel as he readies his weapon.
21:00 <•Kotono> "Seafood should stay in the sea!" Sanda cries, "Kill it!"
21:00 — Skaya leaps into the air to fly right at it!
21:01 <•Kotono> OOC: I'm gonna call init here, feel free to react as well since you got a line your way, Devar.
21:01 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
21:01 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{22}
21:02 <•Devar> "Oh, it's nothi--" His reply is interrupted by an invisible flying, apparently, shark.
21:02 <•Devar> roll 1d20+2
21:02 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+2 --> [ 1d20=20 ]{22}
21:09 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+5 Marken
21:09 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+5 Marken --> [ 1d20=15 ]{20}
21:09 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+2 Anne
21:09 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+2 Anne --> [ 1d20=9 ]{11}
21:10 <•Kotono> roll 1d20 Sanda
21:10 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20 Sanda --> [ 1d20=6 ]{6}
21:10 <•Kotono> roll 1d20+3 shark
21:10 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20+3 shark --> [ 1d20=14 ]{17}
21:11 <•Kotono> Init is Skaya = Devar (22) > Marken (20) > Shark (17) > Anne (11) > Sanda (6)
21:11 <•Kotono> OOC: Go you two.
21:11 <Skaya> Meeting the shark in mid-air, Skaya kicks it in the chin!
21:12 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6+4+2 charge~
21:12 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6+4+2 charge~ --> [ 1d20=20 ]{32}
21:12 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6+4+2 charge~ crit?
21:12 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6+4+2 charge~ crit? --> [ 1d20=7 ]{19}
21:13 <Skaya> roll 1d6+3+4
21:13 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d6+3+4 --> [ 1d6=1 ]{8}
21:13 <Skaya> roll 1d6+3+4 if crit
21:13 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d6+3+4 if crit --> [ 1d6=1 ]{8}
21:13 <Skaya> OOC: I meant, add that if it's a crit
21:15 <•Kotono> OOC: It was a crit, so total 16 damage. Devar, you're also up so go ahead and go.
21:48 <•Devar> Devar isn't really sure what's he's dealing with but it clearly isn't something that non-violence will deal with, so he draws out his sword to go at it!
21:48 <•Devar> roll 1d20+5
21:48 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+5 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{12}
21:48 <•Devar> roll 2d4+2 if that happened to hit
21:48 <Kobot> Devar rolled 2d4+2 if that happened to hit --> [ 2d4=8 ]{10}
Last post by Corwin - February 22, 2024, 10:46:07 AM
19:02 <•Kotono> With the rope bridge, the party is able to cross over safely enough. You notice the drum beats are getting more echoy and perhaps more distant as you cross.
19:03 <Skaya> "Wrong direction, you think?" Skaya muses once they are all across. "But the only other path was where the earth elementals stopped us from going."
19:07 <•Kotono> "Doesn't mean the drums are the right direction," Sanda points out, "Statistically speaking, there're more likely than not more than one group of elementals, anyway."
19:07 <•Kotono> "That's...depressing," Anne says at last, "Sanda, we may face several powerful opponents if things go wrong, then?"
19:08 <•Kotono> "Of course," Sanda answers, "Why would you expect anything less? Elementals are not weak and I doubt it's only one or two of them from allr eports."
19:08 <Skaya> "Once again, we're not here to fight the elementals so it's all good!" Skaya assures Anne, and heads forward.
19:08 → Iddy joined (uid408070@lunarnet-1BB5E9E.uxbridge.irccloud.com)
19:11 <•Devar> Devar will dutifully take up the rear and follow along with the others!
19:13 <•Kotono> On the group goes, a
19:14 <•Kotono> OOC: Gah.
19:16 <•Kotono> On the group goes, and ahead you hear the sound of running water amid the fading drumbeats. Around a bend you see a bubbling brook cross through the path, just before it opens up into a larger cavern, roof dozens of feet high. Here a massive creature stands, tall enough to almost touch the roof. A being of pure rock, earth and stone. Man shaped and standing still, granite eyes closed.  OOC:
19:16 <•Kotono> Perception.
19:16 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
19:16 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{11}
19:21 <•Devar> roll 1d20+7
19:21 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+7 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{12}
19:21 <•Kotono> OOC: Carry on, both of ya.
19:21 <•Kotono> "Woah." Marken takes a cautious step back, staring up at the creature.
19:21 — Skaya pats Sanda's shoulder. "Please ask him about the other wizards here, and where they're staying?"
19:22 <•Kotono> "Of course," Sanda says,s tepping forward and speaking rumbling Terran. There is no response, before slowly she says, "Odds are he's asleep," she points out, "The closed eyes are a hint."
19:22 <•Kotono> "Do elementals even sleep?" Anne asks, "Aren't there incarnate elemental forces beyond moral weaknesses?"
19:23 <Skaya> "You mean mortal, right?"
19:23 <•Kotono> "Why not both?" Sanda answers, "But the point is that it's not answering and seems asleep."
19:24 <Skaya> "I'll take a look around, maybe smaller elementals are around and awake?"
19:25 <•Kotono> OOC: Go for it. Give me Perception again then.
19:25 <•Kotono> OOC: Just Skaya in this case since she's the one searching.
19:25 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
19:25 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{11}
19:26 <•Kotono> No sign of other elementals or anything of note. There's a few passages going further inwards you can investigate if you like, though. Otherwise it's a large cavern roon, lots of space as well as a few places water drips down to form puddles.
19:26 <Skaya> "Let's look in the passages?" Skaya calls out to the others. "Maybe there are elementals who can talk to us there."
19:29 <•Devar> "Lead on." Devar agrees. "We've got to find something eventually."
19:33 — Skaya leads on!
19:34 <•Kotono> You see the other passages. One is heading more upwards, while one ot the side is straight. The last looks to lead to an overgrown puddle at a dead end, more like a small body of water at that point. Any of them are available.
19:36 <Skaya> As always, Skaya checks the one that is a dead end first!
19:40 <•Kotono> The party follows. It's not large, but as you get close, you see it's deep. Deeper than you can see through the dark waters, though you can't see far in with them regardless.
19:41 <Skaya> "No plaques here," Skaya muses, picking up a small stone and tossing it into the waters.
19:47 <•Kotono> It plunges into the water and is gone.
19:47 <•Kotono> Anne goes to the waters, "Perhaps it's a freshwater source, but it looks harmless otherwise. IS there any point to linger?"
19:47 — Skaya waits for a bit, and as nothing happens says, "I don't want to swim just yet, so let's go to the next one. I was just checking for any lurking stealth sharks."
19:48 <•Kotono> "Little than I can see," Marken says, then hms, "Sensible after that last one."
19:49 <•Kotono> You turn to go back - but the ground shakes. A massive THUMP comes from the big cavern, as you see the elemental shift, lifting one foot up and then down, adjusting it's position. The sound of it rattles everything, peddles and droplets of water knocked free from the ceiling.
19:49 <Skaya> "Maybe he's awake! Ask him now, Sanda!"
19:50 <•Kotono> Sanda trots back into the cavern and does so, immediately. Her Terran gets no reply at all. After a few heartbeats, "Still nothing. Maybe it turned in its sleep? I know I do if someone disturbs my rest."
19:50 — Skaya picks the straight passage next.
19:55 <•Kotono> As you go Anne pauses to look at the elemental, a hand to her holy symbol. She then turns and follows, "Our hopes will be heard, and should it be, the elemental will stay asleep and not endanger us. Even its movements may be perilous if it causes a cave in."
19:56 <•Kotono> With a dry smile, "Put in a quiet word with Shaundakul that our path stays clear," Marken comments.
19:56 <Skaya> "It's a very dangerous world," Skaya is more than ready to agree. "Then again, we're looking for a crazy wizard surrounded by strong chimera monsters."
19:59 <•Devar> "Hopefully he's not so crazy as to be violent." Devar says. "But I feel like there'd be a lot more hostile elements about if that were the case."
19:59 <Skaya> "He or she literally sent a monster far away from here to attack people. Several died. I don't think we're ending this with a stern talking to."
20:01 <•Kotono> "We're ending this with a fight," Anne agrees as you all go. As yo ugo to the straight passage...OOC: Perception again.
20:02 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
20:02 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=7 ]{13}
20:02 <•Devar> roll 1d20+7
20:02 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+7 --> [ 1d20=12 ]{19}
20:06 <•Kotono> OOC: Others take 10.
20:06 <•Kotono> As you go, Marken stops. "Hold on," he says, going to look at the ground. He peers carefully, "There's signs of passage. The stones are disturbed and it looks recent."
20:07 <•Kotono> "Uh, earthquake?" Sanda says slowly, "Statistically speaking, that's going to disturb allt he stones!"
20:07 <•Kotono> Marken sighs a moment, "Yes, but not like this."
20:07 <Skaya> "Humanoid, animal, other?"
20:07 <•Kotono> "I find that hard to believe," Sanda retorts immediately.
20:08 <•Kotono> "Humanoid," Marken answers, "Going in this direction."
20:08 <Skaya> "We should follow!"
20:12 <•Devar> "Hopefully we'll find what we're after then." Devar says. "I wonder if the big guy is some sort of construct of this wizard's."
20:13 <Skaya> "Well, that's a horrifying thought."
20:15 <•Kotono> "If it is, we're probably doomed," Sanda reflects.
20:15 <•Kotono> "No, we always have hope," Anne disagrees, "As long as we breathe, we can go forward, together, and triumph."
20:16 <Skaya> "I have faith! In our strong legs!"
20:16 <•Kotono> "Statistically speaking, those sort of speeches are said overwhelmingly by those likely to become paste under an elemental's foot in the next 24 hours," Sanda snarks right back.
20:17 <•Kotono> Meanwhile you proceed on. It comes to a side passage going deeper in as Marken follows, glancing at the ground before going for that side passage. "This way, if yo uwant to follow a trail."
20:19 <Skaya> "Can you tell the number of people?" Skaya asks Marken. Much as she'd like to joke around with Sanda and Anne, this is getting serious.
20:23 <•Kotono> "One," Marken says, "No signs of a second or more."
20:25 <Skaya> Terrifying. "We're proceeding, but this time let's actually try some stealth for a change. I'll go first with Marken, those who can keep quiet follow us closely. The rest will travel at a distance."
20:28 <•Kotono> OOC: Okay, how far back do you want he others, first of all? Feel free to chat IC, just want something I can lay my hands on.
20:29 <Skaya> OOC: 60ft seems right. It's close enough to get there within a round, but far enough that they won't be immediately noticed.
20:35 <•Kotono> OOC: Okay then. Stealth checks, Marken will take 10.
20:36 <Skaya> OOC: I'll also take 10 for 23
20:39 <•Kotono> Thus the party goes ahead. On this path, a wider tunnel. Water drips as it slowly slopes down and then Marken stops. He goes to the left wall and whispers, "The trail stops here."
20:39 <Skaya> With a frown, Skaya studies it to see if there's any hidden passageways, levers, switches or what not.
20:41 <•Kotono> OOC: Perception for searchin'. Also one moment.
20:42 <Skaya> roll 1d20+6
20:42 <Kobot> Skaya rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{22}
20:43 <•Kotono> Nothing that you see.
20:44 — Skaya waits for Sanda to come over, before asking her quietly, "Any magic you can see here?"
20:46 <•Kotono> Sanda chants a few words, "Oh yes, fading but it's here. Let me study it a moment."
20:47 <•Kotono> In the same quiet tones, Marken readies his weapons, "Be ready," he murmurs to the others.
20:47 <•Kotono> Anne prepares herself, a silent nod just in case.
20:47 — Skaya keeps guard while Sanda does that.
20:48 <•Kotono> "Something minor, more of an activation than anything else," Sanda says, "Something was done to trigger something in the wall here, I think."
20:49 <Skaya> "Is there a hidden door opened with magic? Or it's one of those travel through stone spells?"
20:53 <•Kotono> "I think it's the former, not the latter," Sanda says, "Something like that, I'm guessing but that's what the odds suggest."
20:53 <•Kotono> Marken glances over at the others, "Any ideas?"
20:54 <•Kotono> "It could be anything," Anne says, "Or even an item on them that we'll never be able to replicate. Still though, it's worth thinking about. Have hope we can figure something out."
20:54 <•Devar> "Oh, so like you say 'open' or something and it opens?" Devar offers. "I wonder if it's something simple like 'earth'... and if it's even in Common, really. Well, if it's some sort of item, it might be obvious if we find something else holding whatever it could be."
20:56 <•Kotono> "Try words like that in different languages?" Marken suggests, "See if one works?"
20:58 — Skaya tries saying "Open" in Elven, Dwarven, Celestial and Draconic, since it seems like fun.
21:04 <•Kotono> Nothing happens.
21:04 <•Kotono> Sanda steps forward and tries a few langauges of her own, before, "It's not open, at least in anything I know."
21:06 <Skaya> "Let's keep going down this passage," Skaya decides. "Even if he sees our tracks, he'll think we kept going."
21:10 <•Kotono> "Alright," Sanda agrees, "I can't think of anything better to try."
21:14 <•Kotono> OOC: OBvously, I assume you're going on then?
21:14 <Skaya> OOC: YEs
21:17 <•Kotono> roll 1d100
21:17 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=4 ]{4}
21:17 <•Kotono> roll 1d100
21:17 <Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d100 --> [ 1d100=68 ]{68}
21:24 <•Kotono> You proceed further. The passage is widening further, and you can see it's sloping downward more as well. Stones litter the floor as you continue on, smooth and rounded. Marken kneels and checks one, "Might be another former waterway," he comments, "Which means we might be heading for a bigger empty space or underground water."
21:26 <•Devar> roll 1d20+9
21:26 <Kobot> Devar rolled 1d20+9 --> [ 1d20=3 ]{12}
21:27 <Skaya> "Let's take a look there before going back to map out the last passage?" Skaya proposes.
21:29 <•Kotono> "It sounds good to me," Sanda agrees.
21:30 <•Devar> Devar blinks a few times but shakes his head quickly. "We may as well have a good idea of what the cavern's space is." He agrees.
21:31 <Skaya> With a nod, Skaya leads the way once more!
21:39 <•Kotono> You go down to the end of the path. It opens up into a sinkhole depression, huge. Most of it's filled in with water, an underground lake. Several paths and caverns lead to it, yet you see no water flow into it. The waters are dark and deep. There's quite a bit of space here to explore if you want, and on the far side you can see some sort of stone construction. Benches and a table, left by the
21:39 <•Kotono> lake.
21:40 <•Kotono> "How strange and how..." Anne pauses, "It's so solitary down here. There's the occasional monster, but more than anything else, it feels like a silent kingdom. A sleeping giant, a forgotten plaque, a silent lake."
21:41 <Skaya> "Our chances of dying increased so much," Skaya mutters. "Alright, so there's a wizard that can open magical doors in the rock, has a lakeside view home here, and possibly a massive earth golem on top of all the chimera."
21:45 <•Devar> "It is peculiar because why go through all the trouble to rehabilitate a place like this?" Devar asks. "But maybe this wizard is just someone who prefers this sort of quiet atmosphere?" A small shrug after that. "Wonder if that wate is the same as the smaller one we saw earlier... I don't see any water coming in from anywhere, so it must come up from there, I guess."
21:46 <Skaya> "If I were a wizard I'd definitely live in style, whether I was a nice reclusive wizard or a kill everyone with my creations one."
21:49 <•Devar> Devar gestures towards Skaya in agreement. "Definitely wouldn't just live in a glorified hole in the ground."
21:52 <•Kotono> "If they want to kill everyone, their mental state and taste is already suspect," Marken points out, "Madmen, the lot of them.
21:52 <•Kotono> "
21:52 <•Kotono> Sanda sniffs, "There are some advantages to solitude, not to mention the defensibility of this place."
21:55 <Skaya> "Yeah, about that. Let's follow the other exits and see where they lead, first."
22:01 <•Kotono> OOC: Okay that's pretty branching and it's about time, so we'll cover further explorations next time. Amazingly, you didn't die. Surprisingly, considering how close you came a few times to trouble.
Balmuria Mini Games / Re: Not here days
Last post by Anastasia - February 21, 2024, 10:35:59 PM
May be late or even miss tomorrow, I'll let you know tomorrow when I know.
Balmuria Mini Games / Re: Loot (Skaya)
Last post by Anastasia - February 20, 2024, 06:06:33 PM
In that case we'll sort this out start of session. Bring it up IC.
Last post by Nephrite - February 20, 2024, 06:05:46 PM
I can do it while they're figuring out how to bust the circle if that's what they end up doing, but I'll defer to Skaya if we want to do it now or later.
Last post by Anastasia - February 20, 2024, 06:04:13 PM
That takes a bit of time. Are you willing to do that mid dungeon in hostile territory? Serious question.