Main Menu

Io's Labyrinth

Started by Anastasia, December 12, 2018, 12:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Seira perks up, all curiousness!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Before you it forms - a great thing of light, condensing down. What appears there is a seed. The seed the size of a fist, floating in the air and radiating light.

It is something Alicia has encountered before: A divine seed.

"A divine seed, an echo of the authority they gave me with the platinum, prismatic and ruby dragons, honed and grown over unthinkable eternities," Io declares. "One with three charges, to allow ascension safely to one to three, or to further empower existing divinity. It is my gift to the hopes of Creation. The three charges may be used separately or by the same creature, as you all choose and see fit."

I'm going to spell this part out OOC so it's perfectly clear, as this is important enough that clarity is crucial.

This divine seed has three charges. Each charge advances a creature's divine rank by 1, to a maximum of 20. A creature without divine rank gains divine rank 0 from this and may gain further divine rank normally or with other charges from this or another divine seed. Alternately, an existing deity may simply gain divine ranks from it, with each charge providing a single rank.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Alicia gasps, a hand going to her mouth as she beholds it. "It's just like the one Asmodeus showed me," she breathes.

Nephrite

Moore just silently looks on in some surprise and shock that something like this exists!

Corwin

"Wow," Seira breathes out, staring wide-eyed at the seed. "How did you make it? Was it in the Beyond, with Words of Creation? Somehow, over time?"

Anastasia

Antenora gasps in perfect unison with Alicia, wordless.

Amaryl murmurs, "Such a miracle exists!"

Jetina is silent as well, mouth slightly ajar.

For this, Oberuth looks on, calm.

"All of that and so much more, based around the authority the Incarnations touched on me," Io says, "I do not believe I could tell you meaningfully, there are not words in Creation's languages that can explain it, save perhaps the Words of Creation."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"So becoming divine and increasing your divine powers is essentially one and the same," Seira murmurs to herself. "The divine seed can do both, not just seed the powers to begin with." Looking at Io again, she asks, "Short of directly stealing a portion of another deity's divine power, are there other means of growing in power once you already are divine?"

Nephrite

"Um... well, I may not have mastered them, but I'd be curious to at least try." Moore admits.

Anastasia

"Time and the Competition," Io says, "It is not a fast process. The normal methods, which I presume you have been taught of?"

To Moore, "Can you speak the most profound words of making, then?"
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

"I can create from myself, if that's what you mean." Moore says.

Anastasia

In your mind, you hear Words and...

Int check and Cha check, Moore.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

[14:58] <Nephrite> roll 1d20+30 Int
[14:58] <Nephrite> roll 1d20+34 Charisma
[14:58] <Rei-chan> Nephrite rolled : 1d20+30 Int --> [ 1d20=6 ]{36}
[14:58] <Rei-chan> Nephrite rolled : 1d20+34 Charisma --> [ 1d20=19 ]{53}

+15 from GI, for reference.

Anastasia

The words uttered are simply incomprehensible to Moore.

"It was not right," Io says, "But my speaking of the Words is still crude. Here they are a thing of the righteous."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Can I inquire about this method of creation?" Seira voices. "Waukeen had a ring, some sort of artifact left from the beginning of Creation that allowed us to walk a Prime without damaging it. Is that something this method would cover, and allow us to reproduce?"

Ebiris

'Had' a ring.

Ouch.

Alicia just lowers her hand and looks at the seed, letting the others ask their questions.