News:

"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

The Black Library

Started by Smarmy Lil' Goblin, December 19, 2007, 01:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smarmy Lil' Goblin

QuoteStandard Disclaimer: My game's not really meant for young and/or sensitive folk, so it'd be best for everyone if you just steer clear of I am Legend if you happen to fall into either of those categories.  Any depiction of any real life event, history, persona, and issues has been cast in a light of grossly inaccurate fantasy meant to be enjoyable and entertaining, not to offend anyone.  You know the drill.  Come on people, I don't take myself all that seriously and neither should you.

Also, there's a good possibility harsh and strong language, macabre/lude humor, and insulting commentary will pop up in game.  Deal with it!

"I...know now that there is such a thing as a living evil...
A dark and shapeless thing that lives not in the spaces that we know, but between them...
In the Dark...
In the Night...
Now listen carefully because there isn't much time...
Listen and BELIEVE, because it's all true..."

I Am Legend is set in a world that you are all familiar with (or at least, a would you should be familiar with): it's the world right outside your window.  Children are born, grow up, go to school, follow careers, grow old and die. The sun rises and sets day after day. The political, economic, and culture landscape is every bit as shaky and mercurial as our own. All the simple, everyday things and comforts that we know and find security and contentment in are well within reach.  On the surface, the world is a perfectly normal place, with only the problems of modern times and human folly as the only cause for concern (What? You think it should be darker? Unless you haven't noticed, life on this miserable rock of a planet isn't all skittles and cheer so there's no need to blow things out of proportion :P). 

However, once you look past that paper thin veneer of normalcy and into the shadows of society, you'll soon notice that things aren't quite right.  Hidden in the preheripary of the modern world is a dark occult underground populated by supernatural creatures the rest of the world have written off as pure fantasy.  Some are absolute monsters, who prowl the night instilling terror and bedlam as they mercilessly hunt down the innocent, the weak, and the firghtened to sate their dark hunger.  Others seek to protect mankind from the dark things that haunt the night, some want to make the world a better place (a few out of geunine kindness but mostly out of nessicity than any real fondness of the human race), while others want nothing more but to be left alone. The passions and drives of these creatures, these "Others," are every bit as diverse and varied as those of the humans they prey upon. 

This is the world that you know live in, a world where Vampires walk the streets, Werewolves roam the wild, Wizards preserve the spark of magic, Demons plot for the souls of man, and ordinary people who know the truth struggle to stay alive.  For whatever reason, you have fallen into the world of the Others, and there's no turning back, no way to reclaim your old life; either you learn the ropes or die.  It's not all doom and gloom though; if you got the courage and conviction to face the darkness, to make your stand, and not get eaten, you'll be part of a world of wonder few are fortunate enough to see in their lifetimes.  So then, where will you go now that you are Legend?  Who will you love, who will you war against, who will you make of yourself?  How will your tale end?

-----------------------------------------

And thus concludes part one of my pretensious and long overdue introduction to I Am Legend.  Next comes the respective histories of the Others, plus the few universal secrets I'm willing to tell ya; you're gonna have to earn the rest.  As it stands, there is no overarching goal or metaplot in I Am Legend, simply put, you are a supernatural being relatively new to the inner workings of the Occult Underground (you can't have been an Other for no more than 5-8 years) trying to eke out a living in the dark underbelly of the big city (I haven't decided which city just yet;.  It's up to you, the player, that ultimately decides where we take the game.  All I ask is thee simple things: 1.) Try to be at least a little serious about the game, 2.) Be prepared to deal with the consequences of your characters actions, and 3.) Please don't play a pointlessly evil Hitler/Skeletor character so vile that they eat babies and piss pure maleviolence.  I'll have more laterz, so just bear with me (believe it or not, I do have a life...okay, stop laughing, I really DO have a life!  :P)
elieve in the magic of reading...or I'll @#$%ing kill you!!!!!