News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Nagging ahoy!

Started by Bjorn, January 22, 2008, 06:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjorn

It's very good advice.  Unfortunately, my work just doesn't let me guarantee that.  This was really my last hurrah in that regard; it didn't pan out.

The caravan guards were being picked off by a small group of ogres -- two standards and one a cleric.  I had hoped that the ogre cleric would escape and I'd be able to turn him into a recurring villain, but the important fact was that they were actually deserters from the Imperial Army -- when ogres hadn't been seen in the Free Kingdoms since the war.

When you tried to report this, the Empire were going to repress this.  Ditchdigger was going to offer you a contract in the Waste (primarily to get you out of town before the Imperials moved on to repressing you).  In the course of that contract, you were going to find out what the ogres were deserting from: a major attempt on the part of the Empire to reopen the road through the Waste.  If successful, that would lead to the death of any hope of independence in the Free Kingdoms.

At that point, things were going to open up a lot.  There were a lot of possible routes you could have taken, which I could go into if you wanted.

Dracos

*sigh*

*Disappointment*

*sadpuppyface*

yeah, I understand the work killing it.  I think taking a few minutes to say "Hey, I live." would've been nice, but I understand it from that side of it.  I'll miss the game though, even if we never really got started, since it was a hell of an awesome campaign setting.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

That's a thought. Bjorn, maybe you could polish this up a bit and at least spread it around? It's pretty decent for what it is and we could always use more campaign settings kicking around.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Bjorn

Drac: Yeah, I suck.  I kept telling myself, "okay, tomorrow I'll have some free time and I can work on the game."  Didn't work out, sorry.

As for writing up the campaign setting, that's always been my plan.  Weekend after next I will work on it and at the end of the time put up what I've got (I already have the beginnings of a bible written).

Anastasia

Quote from: Bjorn on April 29, 2008, 04:14:14 AM
Drac: Yeah, I suck.  I kept telling myself, "okay, tomorrow I'll have some free time and I can work on the game."  Didn't work out, sorry.

As for writing up the campaign setting, that's always been my plan.  Weekend after next I will work on it and at the end of the time put up what I've got (I already have the beginnings of a bible written).

Did anything come of this?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?