News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Form 369 MAG: Magical girl requests for further information forms

Started by Anastasia, August 26, 2011, 12:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Zeph:

Skill rolls are under value.  You'd want a -2 bonus, not a +2 bonus on your skill boosting traits.

30 EP to plant basic suggestion... but 20 to wipe their memory? :)  wacky.

EDIT: Mainly pointing out it seems like your EP costs make it hard to do the mentalist stuff that would be cool to do frequently (Basic Charm/Suggestion stuff) and easier to do the dramatic/permanent (We were never here).

As an interesting side note, Zeph's character's capabilities are basically a Neutralization on Kunia's flaws.  "Everyone remembers I was there and can point us out."  "No, no they don't".

~~~

Hmm, man, we've got awesome character build momentum going.  Six characters mostly filled out.  Kunia/Jane both have a connect.  Anastasia/Katrina have the same.  Marley hasn't yet, neither has Eliza, not that it's needed.

*draws progress bars on a wall before being chased out for being insane*
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

If we chased people out of here for being insane there'd be no one left.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Dracos

Hum.  Just checking:

US began war against Japan in 1941 as per usual right?  So we'd be on year 9 of war?
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

According to the timeline, the US signed a peace treaty in 1946, so we're in more or less a cold war on the verge of breaking out into hostilities again. Or at least that's how I read it.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Quote from: Halbarad on August 29, 2011, 06:22:46 PM
According to the timeline, the US signed a peace treaty in 1946, so we're in more or less a cold war on the verge of breaking out into hostilities again. Or at least that's how I read it.

Yes. Japan folded up after a direct invasion. Peace with Germany was achieved in '46. It's a cold war with Germany; Japan is beaten. There hasn't been a formal treaty ending the Japanese-Allies war, but it's de facto over. Note that there wasn't an official end to the Japanese side of WW2 until the Treaty of San Francisco in our timeline in 1951, so this is hardly unusual.

Right now Japan is occupied and surviving on Allied mercy. It's recovery is slower compared to our timeline, due to the damage of the invasion and a slower restoration. With no Russian front of the Cold War to make Japan a geo-strategic location, recovery is slow.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Brian on August 26, 2011, 10:43:58 PMSimplified this one to basically super-hearing. 
Will Aural Awareness need an EP cost, or is it just going to be a passive bonus to hearing-related perception checks?  (Which are ... mind, I think?)

Passive is fine, should be a +2 bonus to any sort of listening or hearing related check.

QuoteA round sounds fine; with evacuation I shouldn't need more, so 10 EP works great for me.

Sounds good.

QuoteThat's ... not really what I had in mind, but I kind of like your idea better.  I really explained it poorly, so to expand: As part of her breaking-and-entering backstory, she uses this skill to break locks (if they're able to harmonize easily, which is brittle metals) or other barriers.  Using it as an attack was supposed to be a 'not really meant for this, but if you push for it' kind of effect.

If I tone it up to what you suggest, then it'd be basically a limited sonic magical-girl welding torch, useful for breaking-and-entering -- probably 5-8 EP to try and break something crystaline (ceramic, metals, glass) as a non-combat ability, and then a 'desperation' overload trying to resonate against a living target which can just drop me down to 10 EP (minimum cost of, say, 30?  So I couldn't use this with less than 40 EP)

Is this too much?  Hehe, I really hope I'm not being twinkish; not sure of the limits of things.

That's fine. If someone ends up broken I'll just talk to them and tell them to tone things down. As long as something doesn't look obviously broken, we'll get it a shot. I don't think it looks innately broken anyway.

It's basically just toughness with the special effect of a sonic forcefield.

Okay, noted.

QuoteOkay, so 5 EP for Kat, 10 for her and a passenger?

Sure.

QuoteEdit: BTW, what was the cost on muffling?  If it's AoE for stealth, I had wanted it to be variable, so walking would be easier to suppress than, say, gunfire (or cost less).

Say an addition 10 EP for quiet noises and 15 for loud ones. Nothing too terribly scientific here, let me know how that ends up for EP cost totals?
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

hum...

Assault:
Kunia
Marley

Far Range:
Jane

Stealth:
Anastasia
Katarina
Marley

Rescue/Special Action:
Katarina
Eliza

Techie:
Eliza

Nom.  Nom.  Ramble.  Ramble.  Drift?
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

So no sign of Mindless at all?

I'm going to be rereading sheets and reading new ones this weekend. If you want to do changes or polish them before that, go ahead. It'll probably be sometime Saturday or Sunday.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Well, we do have a pretty large crew even if we lost one.  Six people and a DM.

I'll try and do final backstory polish tonight.  Someone should poke Zeph so his gets done too.  I think Brian, Hal, Gate and Iddy have theirs complete.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Yes. I'll give him 'till the weekend before I start planning for stuff without him. I figured one or two people would drop out before game start so a no-show isn't the end of the world.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Anastasia on August 29, 2011, 03:55:35 PM
Quote from: Dracos on August 29, 2011, 01:06:00 PM
Heh, interesting, but still waiting to hear where dune wants us along the fantastical/practical axis.

Also, since there's no disaster: What are we thinking for when "All Sheets Finalized?" and "Start Date?"

Any word from Zeph or mindless or are they not in?

I'm not sure yet on a start date, we shall see. Probably the week of September 12th-ish.That and the exact day and scheduling are still to be determined.

I know Zeph posted, any sign of Mindless?

This came up in chat so I'll quote this for emphasis.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay, what nights are good for everyone? Let's figure out what day this is going to run on.

I can do any day but Monday or Sunday.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

I'm good for pretty much any day. Issue with me is going to be time difference. I'd like to avoid waking up at like, 3 am for a game >.>;;
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Halbarad

Preference is for Wednesday or Thursday nights, as those are my weekends and I need to get up at 6 am for work on other days, so staying up into the wee hours of the morning other nights will be painful.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.