News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Form 369 MAG: Magical girl requests for further information forms

Started by Anastasia, August 26, 2011, 12:25:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Two Russian girls, two American girls, and two girls from Great Britain.

Team Russia: Stealthy slash and grab (quite literally).

Team America: That's right, pay attention to the indestructible electric girl; do not sense the head-shot coming from your blind-spot.

Team Britain: Both of them can dance.  Neither one ends well for you.

I can see so many synergies with different combinations of us. :D
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

One week warning 'till gaming. I'm basically okay with all of your sheets now, so let me know if you want or need anything from me until then.

Small teaser: Your first mission will be in SWITZERLAND.

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

We're starting in the Principality of Gallia?  Shit, kill all silver haired girls!

We're gonna die!

Mid range weapons only, head in from left and right simultaneously!  Ignore  all tanks, they are merely a distraction!

I mean, wait...Germany doesn't field ancient goddesses of doom.  Hoo, that was just a story... :3

Anyhow, looking forward to next week.  Sullen freak girl ready to go~.
Well, Goodbye.

VySaika

Switzerland, eh?

* Gatewalker considers the merits of a chocolate budget.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Brian

Quote from: Gatewalker on September 09, 2011, 08:14:57 PM
* Gatewalker considers the merits of a chocolate budget.

* Katarina eyes Kunia.

We're gonna need a bigger budget.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

7:30 PST tomorrow night?  or is it 7?  (e.g. 10:30 or 10?)
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

10 30 PM EST. If after this session everyone wants to push it back to 10, we'll worry about it then.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

that slot works best for me anyhow, so just wanted to make sure not to be late :)
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

btw, not being military myself. 

Are we going by something like this?
http://www.militaryfactory.com/ranks/army_ranks.asp

Assuming captain is sort of upper/mid officer?  Over most people, under major commanders?
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on September 16, 2011, 02:03:28 AM
btw, not being military myself. 

Are we going by something like this?
http://www.militaryfactory.com/ranks/army_ranks.asp

Assuming captain is sort of upper/mid officer?  Over most people, under major commanders?

Yes. A captain is a low/mid officer.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

I'll raise it since I saw no less than 3 players ramble in and out of room about it and I at least think a quick public yea/nay ahead of time is better than springing it last minute:

Hey dune, should we go ahead and do that bar entry scene again?  It was kind of weak all around, sleepy players, confused players, and us overcomplicating things.  Some folks were trying to be helpful and yadda yadda, seems like it'd be better to just get that scene going quick from the top.  If you don't think so, we'll roll along, but might just make things easier.

My own two cents?  When we're all on the same screen we can't all be taking center stage.  Some of us are going to move to the background sometimes to help out and it's sometimes for the best if one or two are taking the talking lead so Dune doesn't have to be dealing with a bunch of other groups.  Also, with six folks, we really shouldn't ever go 'And you're with x' positioning people for them (I don't think that helped).  It's going to be confusing enough with six people answering what they're doing.  I admit being told "No, you're going with x" was unhappy last time.

Anyhow, also for same page-ness:
We're all in an approximately 60 foot distance and the target is not likely here.
Yes nazis could be waiting to tackle us here, but more likely they've already been here and are closing in on the target (or are going right after it with their own trackers).
I suggest that most of us chill a moment and let one or two people pump bartender/potential contact for information.  Preferably a socialite.  If one or two people want to keep watch outside?  Cool.  The rest of us can chitchat over a bar table while it's going on and continue getting to know each other.

Yes, I appreciate us taking the big and obvious route sometimes too, but it's our first plug for info, let's keep it simple?  Folks cool with that?

Also for curious folks (since it got asked), Kunia is generally going to go with "What? I'm just a normal person doing normal things" manner of camouflage when dealing with people.  Not the 'I'll hide behind the back alley' but the "Fine stare, just bring me my beer".  Dune at least seemed to be going along with this (sure, they'll all be able to say she's there, but at least she's acting in the manner of everyone else coming into the bar rather than looming outside).  Sometimes, they'll react terribly (she won't be surprised by this), but generally she's not going to hide out of view unless she's convinced that's the only way to get something done.
Well, Goodbye.

Halbarad

I'd roll it back to the planning session, yes. Gives us a chance to work through the logistics a bit better (hopefully with people in better shape overall) and come up with a more workable plan than having all six of us in the bar at once, which strikes me as overkill and more likely to be noticed (no offense to Kunia, but her showing up at all for intel gathering is going to be counterproductive if just for the fact that people are going to remember she's been there.)
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Iron Dragoon

I'm good with whatever. I wasn't planning to really do much questioning while I was in the bar. I just wanted to be there in case something went down. Our socialites are awesome for questioning, yeah, but I'm of the opinion that there should be at least one combat oriented character on hand.

After all, how hard is it for the Nazis to dump a couple hundred bucks on the bartender to shotgun-to-the-face anyone who comes after them asking?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Brian

Quote from: Dracos on September 20, 2011, 11:55:29 AMHey dune, should we go ahead and do that bar entry scene again?  It was kind of weak all around, sleepy players, confused players, and us overcomplicating things.  Some folks were trying to be helpful and yadda yadda, seems like it'd be better to just get that scene going quick from the top.  If you don't think so, we'll roll along, but might just make things easier.
I know I mentioned this a few times....
Quote from: Dracos on September 20, 2011, 11:55:29 AMMy own two cents?  When we're all on the same screen we can't all be taking center stage.  Some of us are going to move to the background sometimes to help out and it's sometimes for the best if one or two are taking the talking lead so Dune doesn't have to be dealing with a bunch of other groups.  Also, with six folks, we really shouldn't ever go 'And you're with x' positioning people for them (I don't think that helped).  It's going to be confusing enough with six people answering what they're doing.  I admit being told "No, you're going with x" was unhappy last time.
Door problems.

Yeah.  Okay.  I get it.

I think I need to not play until I can calm down and not get too involved.  I'm just taking this (and everything) way too seriously these days.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

If we're doing planning, let's do it here.  We spent 45 minutes in a planning session already, enough that people were stopping paying attention.  If we can't make a simple plan at this point, then we're doing something really wrong and odds are at least some of us will just be shrugging and waiting for it to finish.

I admit, to me that's part of the fun of Kunia's character.  Trouble will come.  I was originally fine with splitting into two groups, but Info Pumping felt it couldn't be done without body-guards sooo...  :P  If I'm on scene, I'll probably be noticed and able to be referred later.  This goes whether I'm hanging out at a table, standing outside, and yes even if you want to stick me in a back alley.  True stealth missions shouldn't be taking our whole party in regardless as a six person group heading around town is not stealthy.

From an RP side, I think we're spending an hour planning what is going to be 10 minutes tops of someone asking a few questions around a bar and then us moving on closer to areas where it's actually potentially dangerous.  There's no troops visibly around, we're talking to a group of civilians, and yet we're on three tier contingency plans (We've got to send our spies in, wait they might attack so we need our bodyguards, wait, they might have spies there too, so we need to hide our body guards).  Overplanned.  We're asking a contact at a bar, not sneaking into an enemy base.

Regarding finding out we were there?
Nazi: Did anyone else ask about the scientist? *Gun to face* Ah, yes, there was this woman earlier...

Anyhow, make suggestions if you want.  I'm fine with going with a smaller group and perusing the town otherwise or just waiting for the five minutes for someone to ask back and forth a bit and find the bartender.  I'm not fine with strategy style 'and kunia will wait here in this corner for 15 minutes, Jane on that roof, we'll have Katrina watching the door...' but I passed my exhaustion point with the planning 20 minutes in so if folks want to go that way, fine. :)

And wow, >_> did not intend for an explosion there.  Was just trying to raise what folks kept asking off room into view.
Well, Goodbye.