News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Pre-game discussion: the whens, wheres and whats.

Started by VySaika, September 30, 2011, 05:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Ah. we have you lost :)

go to irc.svartalfheim.net for a server.  Pinging others, let's get you in there :)
Well, Goodbye.

firefly23

Thanks!  I'm trying, but I'm COMPLETELY new to IRC, so I have no idea what I'm doing...

Dracos

Gate is looking for you on aim to help you out.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

If you can't get on aim, let me know which program you're using and I'll walk you through it.
Well, Goodbye.

VySaika

Easier to direct you via AIM instead of board. Mainly, it's irc.lunarnet.org, not silvernet. That's probably your problem. If changing that doesn't help, AIM me.

EDIT: Drac's suggestion of server apparently also works

EDIT 2: Oh, silvernet is a program, not a server? Uh...I have no idea how to help you on that program. You may need to get a program we know how to use. I use mIRC, and iirc Drac uses xchat.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Taishyr

http://cbe001.chat.mibbit.com/

Okay, make sure javascript's enabled, then use that link. In the second box, there's a mibbit [webirc] dropdown box - don't click that, but instead click "servers" next to it. You'll get a text box; type in "irc.lunarnet.org" (or just C+P that minus the quotes).

Nick is your username. Channel is #personador. Once everything's filled in, click connect.

EDIT: This is just one suggestion. I looked through silvernet, not sure how to connect to Lunarnet from there, so tossing you this instead as maybe a way to get you in.

Dracos

<Dracos> Oh, xchat.
<Dracos> Yeah, I can.
<Dracos> Go to the top menu, Click Xchat, "New"
<Dracos> "Server Tab'
<Dracos> type: /server irc.svartalfheim.net
* torotesting (~Error@adsl-76-236-176-150.dsl.klmzmi.sbcglobal.net) has joined #personador
<Dracos> hit enter
<Dracos> type /join #personador
<Dracos> hit enter
<Dracos> that should get her here
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, keeping to talking some =)

Thanks gate for going over the races.  Good to be forthright with likes/dislikes, so halfling thiefy is vanishing from mind.  Thinking a Linsara brawler/soulshifter at the moment, focusing on sort of a rush in type, low int build, wild ranging type.  What can I saw, I'm easily drawn to unique classes that I haven't even seen =P

Anyhow, anyone else starting to feel toward anything? =)
Well, Goodbye.

Taishyr

Probably going to go with something that gets some druidic magic. Not sure if it'll be druid or what, but. Second half of the combo I'm not sure on yet.

VySaika

Drac: note that Brawler/Soulshifter is a horrible, horrible combination. You pretty much have to choose between unarmed attacking in human form or shifting and doing animal fighting. It's not something I'd reccomend. Soulshifter goes much, much better with Ranger, Rogue or Fighter.

I'll go ahead and attach Soulshifter as a word doc to a post up in housrules now so you can look it over. Brawler needs some work to adapt it for this setting first.
EDIT: This has been done. Edited into the second post in Houserules.

Tai: Wanderer will be on the table, probably Veinswei. Though if you want to be from somewhere else and still have it, there's always Half-blood.

Brainded yesterday and today has kinda led to not getting much done, and I'm usually off the internet on weekends. I'll dedicate monday to getting the regions up.
All About Monks
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies

Dracos

Hahah =)  Okay.  We'll see where my silly takes me.  It goes without saying that I nose around a lot and can flip on a dime.  I shall go read =D
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Ah, I was thinking more werewolf styled.  *nods thinkingly*
Well, Goodbye.

VySaika

Less done today then I wanted, but Brawler uploaded and basic mechanics notes on the races and allowed classes up. Some are using different flavors then you'd expect(like the Tellanthi Samurai class. It's...the honor bound warrior archetype, not the full on japanese samurai).

More to come, with houserules and homebrew and descriptions oh my.

Also, do we want to try and meet up again this week to talk about char concepts?
All About Monks

Dracos

*looks and goes to nom on details*

I'm not opposed.  We can roll stats or whatnot perhaps?  Even if it is a short chat, it's still good to get us on the same page of 'We show up at some standard time each week, in some standard room'.  More times that happens, less chance of surprise during the actual game kickoff :)
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Let's see, try 2, not from office :)

1)Brawler I assume also has the Wisdom based AC bonus?  Asking since it isn't specified.  Also, how does flurry work with weapon groups?  Monk weapon group only?

2)Karm, Kala, Karta?  Ah ye answered it already.  Paste for board accessibility to others.
Oct 05 21:20:08 <Gatewalker>   I have to transcribe from chatblather to coherent descripted paragraphs
Oct 05 21:20:58 <Gatewalker>   The Linsetti are...well, catgirls/wolfgirls/etc(and boys). They come in three varieties
Oct 05 21:22:14 <Gatewalker>   the Karm'Linsetti, which tend to be wirey and fast, but rather small. The Kala'Linsetti, which are magnetic and beautiful, but also rather small. And the Karta'Linsetti which are big, strong and tend towards enjoying violence quite a bit.
Oct 05 21:23:45 <Gatewalker>   Karms generally have small feline or wolf features, Kalas have lion/cheetah/etc(plains cats, basically) or fox features, Kartas have tiger or really BIG wolf features.
Oct 05 21:23:58 <Gatewalker>   some have features of animals besides cats and dogs, but those are more rare
Oct 05 21:24:22 <Gatewalker>   what determines a Linsetti's features and exact race is thier spirit. Two Karm can have a Karta child, etc
Oct 05 21:24:38 <Gatewalker>   who resembles a giant bloody wolf while both parents are catlike
Oct 05 21:24:47 <Gatewalker>   it just means the child has the spirit of the wolf

*Goes reading and considering*
Well, Goodbye.