News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Betas, Free Games, Offers, etc

Started by Merc, April 20, 2012, 12:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Figured I'd just make a thread where people can announce any of the topic stuff.

To start this off:

Betas
TERA Online: (Open Beta, Max Level 32, April 20-23) Make an account, click on enter code, type:TERABETA, install and play.
Diablo III: (Stress Test/Open Beta, Max Level 13, April 20-23) Need to set up a Battle.net account first, but if you already have one, just install and play.

Bundles
Most people know of these two, and are probably signed up for email warnings of new bundles, but since they're currently running bundles...
Indie Royale: Frequently has new bundles (every 2 weeks roughly) consisting of 5-6 games.
Humble Bundle: Less frequent and game quantity/quality can vary wildly. Chunk of the money goes to charity too.

On a non-gaming side of thing:
Tee-Fury: $10 shirt deal, only one shirt offered for a day, then gone and replaced by a new shirt. Shirts are usually pretty geeky references. Some of the older shirts are still available through the artists, so it can be worth checking out the gallery of old shirts. Actually, worth it even if you don't want to buy them, some of the shirts are pretty amusing and/or awesome.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Jon

shirt.woot.com does the same shirt-a-day thing. just not always as geeky. (Yesterday's was "Marauder Shields", though; a ME3 ending meme.)

Merc

Free Games
Midnight Club II: (Racing Game, by Rockstar Games) You get steam code for it on May 29th if you join their official steam group by May 15th.

Dracos

huh...a little late. :(  Oh well.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Bundles in first post updated. Humble bundle 5 has nice games too.

Brian

I bought the latest bundle but got an extra copy of bastion.

First person who is interested in a Bastion Steam key and replies here can have it.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Squibidyflop

I'd like the Bastion key if you don't want it, it's the only game from this bundle I want and I don't really want to pay whatever the average is for the one game I want.

Unless you feel it's worth the $15 on Steam?

Brian

It probably is worth that much on steam.  But okay!

~exploding tag~

Squibidyflop

Brian

The latest humble bundle updated again.  Okay, hear me out.

I know they added Braid, but don't let that dissuade you!  Just because you have that game, you don't have to play it, and Psychonauts is still worth it!  It also has Super Meat Boy (meh, got it in the last Christmas bundle), and something called Lone Survivor.  Not sure what that's about.

~exploding tag~

Grahf

What's wrong with Braid, out of curiosity? Also, Lone Survivor is another indie horror game I believe.

Brian

Braid is pretentious as all hell, and the story is very much a non-reward, should you get the entire thing.

"Surprise!  You're a terrible person!"

~exploding tag~

Carthrat

I liked it, it was clever. Tim always looked like a suspicious dude, anyway. Who wears a tie when exploring wonderlands?
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

Grahf:

Also, the author is a pretentious blowhard who belittles other creative professionals, so some of us are against supporting him in any way.  He threw a huge fit about not winning best written indie game according to the writer's guild the year braid came out, despite not being willing to even fill out the application form.  But no, he's awesome, and the people who did win totally didn't deserve being recognized for their quality work and creative guilds are stupid baby heads. :P
Well, Goodbye.

Grahf

Hmmm, sounds sort of like the same thing that happened with Fez's designer. Not exactly the same mind you, but people don't seem to regard him too highly either.