News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Betas, Free Games, Offers, etc

Started by Merc, April 20, 2012, 12:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DY

So I have 2 extra keys for Insurgency on steam to give away. Does anyone want a copy?

Steam link for info: http://store.steampowered.com/app/222880/
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: R19Mer on December 11, 2014, 08:46:13 AM
Other than Dragon Age: Awakening and Assassins Creed 2, are there any good games going to be released soon?

Um, in what genre? Far Cry 4 is out. The new Final Fantasy is out. New Civilization. CoD Advanced Warfare is getting good reviews. The Borderlands Pre-sequel. Those are ones that are out now.

Coming up, there's Batman: Arkham Knight, GTA V, Pillars of Eternity, The Witcher 3, and Crusader Kings 2, all in 2015.

On a different note, if you've never played it, I highly suggest picking up Spec Ops: The Line on sale somewhere.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Iron Dragoon

This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Merc

Not video game related, but for anyone that is into deckbuilding games Dominion is currently on rollback/sale at Walmart for $14.19.

For comparison: The MSRP (Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price) is $44.99. Amazon sells at $34.99, CoolstuffInc at $29.99, and Board Game Warehouse at $28.82.

It's not the best deckbuilder (IMO), but at that price it's really not a bad game to pick up. And if you enjoy it, there's like 10+ expansions which you can invest in to make it more replayable (although none of those are on sale).

Anyway: The walmart link is http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rio-Grande-Games-Dominion-Board-Games/20576526
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Looks both back up to normal prices, and out of stock.  So sounds like the window has closed.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Yeah, at that price not particularly surprised it ran out of stock.

Merc

So speaking of card games, the latest Humble Bundle is for a bunch of online-based card games.

Can't really say much for this bundle though...I've not had experience with most of those games, I've only ever played Star Realms as a physical game, and I found Dominion and Magic:Planeswalkers to be dull (but I played older versions, so they may have improved since?).

Sierra

I've got two extra keys for Pillars of Eternity if anyone who wants it hasn't already got it. PM me if interested. (Please specify GOG or Steam.)

Dracos

oh!  I'll take one!  Awesome Cid.
Well, Goodbye.

Sierra

Sure.

Both are spoken for now, enjoy.

Merc

For anybody interested in board games that has a nearby Barnes & Noble (or various), they're having a 50% off clearance sale which can often include those.

Your mileage may vary, but I found two tables full of various different board games when I went by today.

During other B&N sales though, I've been lucky if I've found three different games on sales.

Merc

For more interest in board games:
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly <-- Humble Bundle Weekly has a couple of digital board games and is ongoing for another four days.

International Tabletop Day (random thing that Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day came up with that retailers are using to sell games) is today, so there are a lot of sales at:
CoolStuff Inc
CardHaus
Amazon Deals of the Day
Board Game Warehouse

Amazon has free shipping at $35+ (or Prime), CSI & BGW have free shipping at $100+, and CardHaus has free shipping at $125+.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Merc

I don't know if anybody in SR is interested, but I have some keys to the Heroes of the Storm closed beta (four of them).

If you're interested, send me a PM on the board or IRC (IRC preferably).