News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Aboard the Eidolon - Day One

Started by Brian, December 04, 2004, 07:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Kelly checked to see if there were any voice or memory logs prior or during it's modification.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

No logs remain on the memory core -- the robot was never even activated, since the rod logic hasn't moved from its initial readable state to the encrypted state of committed code.  Presumably, the data that was wiped from the holistic storage units was only a log about the bot being shut down ... before it was wiped by whatever wiped all the holo memory.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

"Well, the bot is designed to go through airducts and reach things installed in them.  Though, I don't know why.  It's memory logs are all wiped."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Ebiris

"Airducts?" Albert repeats. "Perhaps something related to the killswitches in the atmospheric processors?" he frowns, "But that can't be right... they were controlled centrally, anyway. It wouldn't matter what you did to the airducts if you cut the air off at the source..."

Brian

"Well," Eric says slowly.  "That ... might explain things, actually.  We found little jamming defices.  Hale, can bots run without your control?"

"The repair bots do enjoy some degree of automation beyond my control," Hale says.  "Among them, their instructions to replace me if I cease to respond for a specific duration."

Eric nods to himself.  "Maybe, the jamming devices were meant to interfere with the robots.  We don't know what frequency the killswitches were using, and probably whoever made the jammers didn't, either.  But robots are easier to jam since their frequencies are listed in their repair manual, so it'd be easier to make a device for that purpose.

"The bot was probably designed to sneak in and take out killswitches, even if the AI had updated instructions that said to leave them alone."
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~