Deep into the Infinite Stair

Started by Anastasia, November 08, 2019, 02:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

"Farewell Valnala," Alicia nods to their host, stepping out and having a proper look at the statue with arcane sight.

Take 10 for 60 on spellcraft.

Anastasia

What a curious thing. It's an artifact first and foremost, a major one. It simply allows safe passage within the Infinite Stair, even beyond the stairs and landings. You believe any creature within 50ft can also benefit from this.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

Well Vivantha certainly steered her right to Valnala. She better take very good care of this. For now she'll put it into her bag of holding. "Lets go home, we can get changed and equipped properly then come back to try this properly," she says to Jessica, looking to take the nearest staircase to the first door out wherever it leads. She can gate to Sylica from there and get changed.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

[16:04] <@Ebiris> roll 1d100
[16:04] <Penuche> Ebiris invokes Penuche's magic: < 32 > [d100=32]

Anastasia

Trip back is uneventful. Prep for this?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Lets take a quick trip to see Io first and see if he has a take on all the legends that say he's at the bottom. Still just Alicia and Jessica just now back in normal loadouts.

Anastasia

To meet Io is an impossible task for most. Yet you are able to do it with a little bit of magic, your transport and trip unremarkable. Soon enough the greatest wyrm looms far above you, silent until you reach him.

"Greetings again," Io bids, "You continue to strengthen."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"Greetings, and thank you. We managed to inflict some damage on Shar recently with the help of Selune and many others, though it was far from anything decisive. We'll keep working however. My sister has been looking into godseeds like the one you created for us," she gestures to Jessica. "And one lead pointed her to the fabled bottom of the Infinite Staircase. A great many legends around that place also describe it as your own lair, so we came to see if you knew anything about it before searching ourselves."

Anastasia

"It has been a long time," Io says, "But that old legend still abounds?"
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"It's a pervasive one among several others," Alicia confirms.

Anastasia

"It is just that - a legend." Io asserts, "I have never had a great interest in the Infinite Stair, nor in the lillend that populate it."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

"I see. Well, we'd have been remiss not to check after what we heard, we'll investigate and see what we can find in case it's helpful to us," Alicia says. "Is there anything you require while we're here?"

Anastasia

"Continue to strengthen," Io says, "Your path will be hard yet, but you have cleared one great obstacle away."
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris