News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Dungeon Crawling, Round 1!

Started by Anastasia, October 24, 2007, 03:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Ayane waits a bit for the strange half-orc, stopping midhallway until he catches up.  "You are a strange one," She admitted, somewhat caught off guard by his straightforward demeanor.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Krog finds his cart is unhurt. Just a bit of ale was spilled. Damn.

Past another wooden door, you find anarrow hallway. It's only about three feet wide, just narrow enough for Krog and Ayane to wiggle through without difficulty.  It goes on about thirty feet, torches on both ends of the hall. At the far end is another wooden door.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

"Krog have heard that before. Krog think everyone strange at first. Krog no know little human one, only know what Krog see and hear, so little human one is strange to Krog too. Little human one no know Krog either. But we live, we learn. We die...well, Krog no think we learn then..." Krog finishes, a little quietly, before bursting into laughter. "Not that Krog plan to die! No make for good book ending if Krog die!"

As they continue to advance, he asks at the foot to the next hallway, stopping to let the human go in first, "So what little human one good at? Krog is good with inkpen, and Krog is mighty with sword. Krog also have Krog magic!"
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

"Well, yes... but I've never met anyone like you.  It is kind of refreshing.  I always heard orcs tended to like the violent heroic death."

Ayane slipped through casually, walking slightly sideways through the passages as she kept going down the passages with Krog, heading to and opening the wood door.  "Kind of peaceful, don't you think?  I'm good at a lot of things... but I am the best at the Gentle Breeze style of martial arts."
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+4
* Hatbot --> "Tiny_Ko_Army rolls 1d20+4 and gets 23." [1d20=19]
<Ayane> 17
> roll 1d20+17 yeah, no real point rolling this, you're both going to notice
* Hatbot --> "Tiny_Ko_Army rolls 1d20+17 yeah, no real point rolling this, you're both going to notice and gets 34." [1d20=17]

Score.

As the duet wiggles through the hall, they can note the walls are studded with smooth circular holes. You can see that the wall is hollow inside, but you can't see anything inside of note. Ahead in the next room is a table where a mace rests. This table is in the far back, six seats around it. The mace that sits there is bejewelled, glittering with red, green and purple gemstones. Just past the table is another door, this one emblazoned with the logo seen on the first door - of a red eagle over a white stream.

<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

"Hmmm, maybe it wraps around,"  She looked around the room as she headed inwards.  Staying back from the table, she lashed forward with what seemed to be a blue rope, skillfully pulling the mace through the air towards them to catch it in a hand.

OOC: Ranged disarm on the table ...or something :)
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Ayane hits the mace! It clatters off the table and into Ayane's hand! As it does, the chairs are suddenly filled! Six knights in armor appear, breastplates and chainmail worn. Surcoats of pure white are worn, of a beautiful stream with a red eagle soaring over it. "Ho, thieves!" they call as one, longswords bravely drawn! "Scoundrels, you will not steal the treasure of the Order of the Red Kingfisher!"
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

"Oh?  Is this yours?" She gestured, shifting into readiness.  "Well, apologies, have it back," She flung it at them, readying herself for the inevitable fight that'd cause.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

"No, little human one! King-man told Krog and little human one can go in and fetch treasures," Krog cried out to his companion as he retaliated to the comments of thievery by pulling out his sword, and letting his cart drop to the ground. "They is bad men! Bad! Calling Krog and little human one thieves! Little human one must not believe liars in fancy pompy clothes! They no have crown like King-man!"

Krog's voice seemed to have degenerated to a more child-like tone, anger clouding his speech at being called a -thief- of all things. But that was to be expected! Krog is honest businessman! And Krog not one to take insults laying down!

"Krog give liars chance to give up and say sorry to King-man upstairs! Krog teach lesson if Krog must!"

Anastasia

The knights get the mace back, tossed to them. The lead one drops his sword, catching it with an open, blinking face. "...oh. You return it freely, you do indeed have honor. In that-" The surprised monologue is interrupted by Krog, the knight's faces turning red!

"We are not liars, knave!" The knights point swords at Krog, "M'lady, would you step away from this scalawag so that we may teach him the meaning of honor?"
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Not too bright, were they?  She eyed back at Krog, turning briefly back and forth with her gaze before winking at Krog.

"Certainly, I wouldn't want to interfere with righteous vengeance or anything..."  Her skill at keeping a straight face was as good as ever as she stepped towards the knights, seeming as if she'd let them go by her and have at the orc.  "I hope you don't mind me passing?"

OOC: As my weapon is already in my hands, I'm entirely planning to make it rather troublesome in a very painful fashion if they charge at him.  AoO disarming attacks for all that can~ =)  I'll also be fighting defensively.  We should probably roll init or whatnot.
Relevant stats:
Init: 5, Disarm: 18, 5 AoOs per turn, AC 29.  Assuming the fighting defensively penalty applies to AoOs (as it should~)
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Ayane, what's your bluff modifier?

I'm giving you a +5 circumstantial bonus to it, however, so add that in. They want to believe you, but it's still a bluff and not 100%.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

"Krog be the one teaching liars lessons! They not even good liars! Everyone know what nave is!" Krog shouts, unfortunately not catching Ayane's subtle wink (and really, what does Krog know of subtlety), pointing at the hub of his cart's wheel. "Krog no wheel! Krog think namby pamby men are too stupid! No know what nave really is -and- think Krog believe they work for king-man! Krog no fooled!"

Krog calls for inner strength as he starts to rage at the indignity of these people calling him a wheel! He wasn't round! He was lean and mean fightin' machine!

"You no have honor like king-man! Try to take king-man's honor! Try to take little human one's honor! Try to take Krog's honor! Krog can see what lying namby pambies try! Krog see with eyes of thousand troops and Krog not think lying namby pamby men -have- honor! Or lying namby pamby men apolo-apolo-say sorry!!"

OOC: Casting Divine Power if I can do so before initiative.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

> roll 1d20+9
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+9 and gets 14." [1d20=5]

> roll 1d20+3
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+3 and gets 19." [1d20=16]

Hatbot really doesn't like you guys.

The knights blink at Ayane slowly, starting to look between Krog and Ayane. "We want to believe you, m'lady, but..." The lead one shakes his head, as Krog imbues Divine Power into himself! "Something is wrong! Has this fiend mind controlled you? Put you into cruel bondage? Taken your maidenhood..." A trail off as the knights eye Ayane and then GLARE at Krog! "For honooooooooooor!" they cry as one, preparing!

In the halls behind, you can hear the clatter of metal and noises...

Initiative time. You two both did fairly lengthy actions including a buff spell, so I'm going to rule in return that the knights will not be considered flatfooted before their initiative tick.

> roll 1d20+1 knight group mod, aka Ayane AoO tick
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+1 knight group mod, aka Ayane AoO tick and gets 2." [1d20=1]

> roll 1d20+5 Ayane crush!
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+5 and gets 22." [1d20=17]

> roll 1d20 Krog char-wait, wrong order.
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 18." [1d20=18]

Initiative order is Ayane>Krog>Knights. Declare actions in the next post, Ayane.
<Afina> Forever.