News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Dungeon Crawling, Round 1!

Started by Anastasia, October 24, 2007, 03:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

In the legends of the Lastlands, a long storied tale is told. Past the pinnacle of the edge of the world lies a castle shrouded in lore, the Keep of Lord German. His power is vast, and further, his throne room is the gateway to the Halls of Fate. In this storied hall is the world's most talked of dungeon, said to be filled with riches and ruin, life and death, fortune and failure. With those tales, many attempt to reach that castle and the trials underneath. That many includes a special orc and monk...

---

Long were your travels, but at last you stand at your goal! The legendary throne of Lord German, the regal lord of this castle and dungeon! His welcoming words boom as you arrive in his decorated throne room, "Welcome!  You who seek the deepest dungeon of them all, the most ancient of caves, the abyss, the shrine of chaos. Great rewards and great death await you, but fear not. Should you fall in your journey, I will be glad to resurrect you for a small price. Or should you need depetrification, depolymorph, poison removal, limb regeneration, sanity recovery, curse lifting...oh, I'll be here to help!" You can swear his eyes gleam like gold coins at those words; curious.  As he speaks, a part of the wall behind his throne moves, revealing a dark passage.

"You can get started now or ask questions," he goes on, a little brown goatee and short hair. A gold crown and king's robe rest on his body.

---

OOC:  Okay, you guys are up. A few requests:

1. When you do an action that involves a skill, stat, item, spell or whatever, note the relevant information at the bottom of your post.

2. If you think I've made a mistake, post about it ASAP. I won't rewind if you catch it a few days down the line, but if you catch it right off I'll be glad to adjust for whatever the error was.

3. Dicerolling will be done in #elysium or #dunes. I'll do the rolling, feel free to check logs for them. I'll post all roll results; if you miss a roll I'll be glad to send you the log chuck where I did it on request.

4. Have fun and try not to die.

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Stepping in and past the muscle bound brutes, the smelly mages and the swarthy rogues, Ayane favored the king with a dazzling smile.  Her weapons were hidden somewhere on her as she inquired of the king,  "The shrine of chaos?  I've heard this dungeon is long and deep beyond measure, but what gives it such a name?  And what can you tell us about this dungeon?"  She had little use for kings, her eyes cunning despite the naive tones of her questions, but charm was ever among her weapons.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

"Krog just want to know if Krog's cart can come with him," the brutish looking, if fairly well dressed half-orc mentioned from besides the human girl besides him. "Krog no like leave things behind..." he says, with a mournful tone, particularly looking at the barrels filled with ale in his cart.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Ayane glances over at the voice..and when finding an armored tree standing beside her looks up at the strange exceedingly tall fellow.  A half orc?  What a strange way of speaking.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

"One of many superlatives for the dungeon. I assure you that you'll find your own fitting names for it in time. The ones that named as such were so bland and boring, actually. A knight, a martial artist," King German raises his eyebrow at Ayane, but continues on, "A healer and a spellcaster. Still, they did have persistence...and oh yes, barrels. Lots of barrels full of healing potion..." King German trails off, attention flitting towards Krog.

"Yes, yes, Bring Your Own Cart is a tenet. It's useful for all sorts of things. Carrying treasure, items, creatures, bodies..." Ticking off from his fingers, "Ah well, do have fun in there."
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

"Must not have been very good then," She smirked, crossing her arms over her chest.  "I suppose this is the only exit, King German?"  She tapped her foot, ready to be off, but at least she should ask that.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

"You mean entrance...or wait, it would be an exit on the way out.." So he ponders, amused. "But it matters little. Yes, it is the only direct entrance. However, every so often a group will just appear here out of thin air! It's quite vexing when your dinner is interrupted by acid scarred heroes demanding their leader girl be resurrected." Scowling, "Chicken Kiev ruined over 'You have to restore her wings! NOW!' I tell you, some adventurers have no tact or patience. It's not as if her skull would become any more disintegrated by acid if she waited a few minutes for me to finish. Hmph."
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Ayane laughed gently at that.  "I see...  well then, may your dinner go uninterrupted."

The young lady turned, heading for the entrance and beginning her journey down into the dungeon.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Krog grabs his cart, and starts pulling it into the entrance. "Little human one! You wish Krog travel with you?" he calls out to Ayane, attempting to make a new friend, and perhaps a customer for his book series.

Dracos

Glancing back, she looked over him, taking in the clear strength.  A brute... but a brute who would carry things clearly.  With a cheerful smile, she nodded back.  "Okay, sure, if you can keep up and carry things."  She turned, continuing forward with a graceful sway.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Krog laughed. "Good! Good! But first we seal friendship over drinks!" the half orc insists, as he stops his cart and sets it to rest on the ground before he pulls out two battered mugs, and reaches for one of the sealed barrels in his cart. A short while later, he plops onto the ground besides his cart, and pats the ground besides him, holding two mugs with liquid in his other hand. "Come! Drink! Talk! Krog learn about little human one! Little human learn about Krog!"

Dracos

"A drink...before fighting?"  She took it, giving a slight sniff, a blink...then a sip.  "Where did you get something like this?"  More than a touch surprised at the orc.  "I didn't know orcs had a taste for good liquor."  She didn't sit, drinking and leaning against the side of the wall.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Down the hall, the two can see that the passage inside is of plain gray masonry. Bits of moisture and mold clings to the wall, a sharp slope down for 50 feet before the bottom can be seen. You can glimpse a sandy bottom. Nothing of notice - yet. It's almost peaceful here, if one ignores the scent of dungeon as they drink.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

"Many no know many things about orc ways. Or way of life in general. For low, low price of 14 gold, and 9 silver, and 5 copper, Krog share secrets of universe as he learn them..." Krog said in a solemn tone, as he pulled out a book, before looking sheepish, and holding the book nervously.

"Krog friend said that low, low price, but Krog no quite get it. Krog want say just 15 gold, or even 14 gold, Krog think less confusing, but Krog friend insist he right. Krog friend right somehow, but Krog no get. But at least teach Krog good lesson for 2nd book in series...expect to come out in stores some time 6 no moons from now."

Krog shook his head, and rubbed the back of his head as he handed the book to her. "Quick look! Quick look! See what think and if want! Buy!" he insisted as he pushed the book, titled "The Rules of Krog Wisefang: The First Twenty".

He starts guzzling down his own drink while holding out the book expectantly for the human girl in his other hand.

Dracos

She looked at him...and laughed.  "Krog Wisefang?  A writer?  How about this, if you accompany me through to the bottom of this, I will buy both books...for 30 gold each," She smiled back, shifting from mocking to cunning in an instant.
Well, Goodbye.