News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Crystal is posted. I admit fey knight is a kludge, but it's the only way I could get the concept to work without a lot more finagling.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

[02:15] <Jaela> roll 1d20+31 spellcraft on the spear
[02:15] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+31 spellcraft on the spear and gets 35." [1d20=4]
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Didn't you already roll spellcraft on the spear?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

This is after casting Identify.

Corwin

Corwin

Some spells I'd like to swap out, if possible:

lvl1: Lesser Vigor -> Blade of Blood [PBH2 p104]
lvl2: Veil of Shadows -> Turn Anathema [CC p129]
lvl3: Weapon of the Deity -> Fell the Greatest Foe [SC p90], Mass Lesser Vigor -> Shield of Warding [SC p188]
lvl7: Holy Star -> Holy Transformation/Movanic Deva (http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1026277.html#msg1026277)

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1026249.html#msg1026249

Merc

[20:49] <Kotono> As an aside, holyf uck does the list of knight bonus feats blow.
[20:52] <Merc> Yes, Knight sucks with feats.
[20:53] <Merc> Would be nice if the bonus feats and mounted combat were wiped and just said "Bonus feat: Pick any fighter feat"
[20:53] <Kotono> Dana's done.
[20:53] <Kotono> I'm tempted to do that. Post this in DM nagging so I don't forget.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

Dune, I'm looking to improve my combat ability. How much would it cost to outfit Willim with a pair of leather gauntlets with the Wounding ability?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Level up summary!

Adrian took planar champion and dragonfire adept. Sickening breath gives him a low DC status attack and sunder portal gives him interesting utility options. Scales gives him a much needed +2 AC. Decent level. He might take a final level of dragonfire adept or move on, haven't decided yet.

Annalise may gain some benefits or level. You shall see.

Misalea took sentinel (NG paladin variant) and arcane duelist after some retraining. She's not that good at melee, but that's not why she's doing it.

Dana took Psychic Warrior and Dwarven Defender. DD was DR 3/- and improved uncanny dodge, both of which help her. Psychic warrior was me deciding to experiment; a bonus feat and a dab of psionics may help her after all. Right now she only has one PP, a next level will expand that. She also retrained several feats and tweaked to draw out some more attack and damage potential. I'm hoping this buffs her up and gets her rolling, as well as opening up various options for when she's done with Dwarven Defender. As an aside, I'd wanted to mess around with psionics some more, so I'm Dana is the test subject. If it's an unmitigated disaster she'll retrain.

Tannin got mettle and dancer's strike (good). Okay level? Good but nothing breath-taking. Sort of an in-between level for him, feels like. Not sure what he'll do post Vigilante. Suggestions are good.

Arrel took racial HD and monk 4. Nothing overwhelmingly good here, I'm looking for a PrC or something to further expand his options while keeping up with racial HD. Sorta a filler level.

Lief took fighter and ranger. Okay level up all told, his main functions won't change for a little longer yet. He's going to PrC next level. At least he rolled a 10 on his d10 HD. Yay.

Crystal leveled up and got odds and ends. A 4th level paladin spell was the biggest gain, followed by a third favored enemy. Not much to say, she's locked into her classes.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 18, 2011, 08:16:05 PM
[02:15] <Jaela> roll 1d20+31 spellcraft on the spear
[02:15] * Hatbot --> "Jaela rolls 1d20+31 spellcraft on the spear and gets 35." [1d20=4]

Val'Finnegan

Val'Finnegan functions as a longspear+4. When held by good aligned bearer with more than 10 hit dice, it becomes a longspear+5, holy. It may have other powers for more potent users, but even Identify cannot explain this item to such detail. It has great potential, far more than your magic can properly identify. When held, you can see various names manifest on the haft on occasion. Your religious knowledge catches a few names you know, names of saints and exalted mortals. Regardless, Val'Finnegan strikes as a silvered weapon.

Val'Finnegan counts as a major artifact.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 18, 2011, 09:40:32 PM
Can I take this feat? http://dnd.savannahsoft.eu/feat-153-avenging-strike.html

No. Even if you ignore the ToB thing a moment, a feat that gives you a plentiful source of new smites out of the blue isn't reasonable.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 18, 2011, 10:16:30 PM
Some spells I'd like to swap out, if possible:

lvl1: Lesser Vigor -> Blade of Blood [PBH2 p104]
lvl2: Veil of Shadows -> Turn Anathema [CC p129]
lvl3: Weapon of the Deity -> Fell the Greatest Foe [SC p90], Mass Lesser Vigor -> Shield of Warding [SC p188]
lvl7: Holy Star -> Holy Transformation/Movanic Deva (http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1026277.html#msg1026277)

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1026249.html#msg1026249

Changes go without incident. I gotta ask, why Shield of Warding? You don't use a shield.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on November 18, 2011, 10:53:38 PM
[20:49] <Kotono> As an aside, holyf uck does the list of knight bonus feats blow.
[20:52] <Merc> Yes, Knight sucks with feats.
[20:53] <Merc> Would be nice if the bonus feats and mounted combat were wiped and just said "Bonus feat: Pick any fighter feat"
[20:53] <Kotono> Dana's done.
[20:53] <Kotono> I'm tempted to do that. Post this in DM nagging so I don't forget.

Done. Left mounted combat since it's so iconic to knights, but the other bonus feats are now opened up. Knights are still crappy but this boosts them up a tad.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on November 19, 2011, 12:52:21 AM
Dune, I'm looking to improve my combat ability. How much would it cost to outfit Willim with a pair of leather gauntlets with the Wounding ability?

Whatever the price would be for a savage species necklace of natural weapons would be plus the off-slot modifier.
<Afina> Forever.