News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Like I told you, it sorta depends on whether you'd prefer I put off the RingQuest or not. If I can get to it straight away, then I won't be there for the rolls. If I can't, then I'll roll pre-game. Up to which works best for you, Dune.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Can I retrain False Life (not needed with Greater Heroism around) for Curse of Impending Blades (p57 SpC). SR/nosave -2 AC on one target for 1min/level. Can't be dispelled buy remove curse/etc remove it (if you're impatient to wait out the short duration).

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on December 05, 2011, 02:03:57 PM
Can I retrain False Life (not needed with Greater Heroism around) for Curse of Impending Blades (p57 SpC). SR/nosave -2 AC on one target for 1min/level. Can't be dispelled buy remove curse/etc remove it (if you're impatient to wait out the short duration).

We'll give it a try. I dislike no-save abilities, but we'll see how it goes.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on December 05, 2011, 03:14:33 AMHi, I'm Troy Mclure!
You may remember me from such favorites as:

Your Familiar and You,
A Fighter's Best Friend, and
Your Mount: Help or Liability?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Updated NPCs to reflect new size modifiers for CMB and CMD. Benefits the pixies and nerfs the Jarl a bit.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Drena will be posted tomorrow, not having a productive night for DM work.

---

Apropos of nothing, what's up with Afina's hat? Is it some sort of play on the fact that British ladies always seem to be wearing some crazy hat or another? I've been wondering, since I don't 'get' it at all. Is it some sort of cultural thing you've been drawing on?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Look at the pic in Afina's description. She always has a hat. Her formal wear was just a lighter coloured and more modest variant of her usual attire. But yeah, there's also a sort of mish-mash of princess cone hat and jester's cap in my thinking of its appearance for either outfit.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on December 07, 2011, 02:53:30 PM
Look at the pic in Afina's description. She always has a hat. Her formal wear was just a lighter coloured and more modest variant of her usual attire. But yeah, there's also a sort of mish-mash of princess cone hat and jester's cap in my thinking of its appearance for either outfit.

Right-o, fair enough. It seemed like a big deal last night. Dunno why.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

In other news, is anyone interested in playing a druid anytime soon? I ask, as I'm thinking about changing how Natural Spell works to bring wildshape in line with polymorph subschool-style spells. Obligatory chance to speak up here.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quoteanyone interested in playing a druid anytime soon
...are we expecting to die soon? =p
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on December 07, 2011, 11:21:01 PM
Quoteanyone interested in playing a druid anytime soon
...are we expecting to die soon? =p

Of course not, don't be silly! (These fools don't understand what's happening, they're walking to their demises!)

Seriously, I'm debating a rules change and this one isn't small or irrelevant, so I want you guys to have a chance to speak up.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I was under the impression you didn't like druids. Otherwise Willim would have been one. >_>
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on December 08, 2011, 12:10:13 AM
I was under the impression you didn't like druids. Otherwise Willim would have been one. >_>

I don't personally like them, as I feel they're highly redundant as a base class compared to a tailored cleric. That being said, I don't have anything personal against them.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Druids are so great though!

Ebiris

Shapeshift Druid (who don't qualify for natural spell anyway)/Barbarian is a backup thought I've had swimming around.