News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

You'd want to be able to hit it on taking 10, most likely. Ergo you'd need +17. +15 from a custom item of handle animal would be 22500 gold. (+15 is the max for a non epic skill booster than I'm working with here). That would put them at +38, so stack on a circlet of persusation or a cha booster - if applicable - and they could do it. Edit: Plus HD? That's a start at least. For now it may be better to look into someone doing the training for you guys.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on January 07, 2012, 07:40:33 PM
It assumes there was someone cool to recruit! Next time~

Thirty five suites? Let's tidy up five of them for visitors (Gust and four as yet unnamed, but I'm sure dignitaries will show up as long as we don't die).

That's five of them. What about the other thirty? Anything? (This is admittedly a low priority question right now.)
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on January 09, 2012, 02:48:16 AM
NAG: Willim is seeking giant spider eggs to raise for super-awesome mounts. The more advanced the spider, the better.

It does take some digging, but Brightwater really does have almost anything you can imagine to purchase!

Large spider egg: 1,500 gold.
Gargantuan spider egg: 10,000 gold.
Colossal: 65,000 gold.

This assumes the egg alone, getting it to hatch, raising and training it up are up to you.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on January 09, 2012, 08:07:21 PM
This is kind of neat. That is all.

You mentioned in chat you were mainly interested in the first few. Pain Points translates fine. Still mind isn't great but neither is this. I dislike martial arts master in principal, as those special fighter feats are one of the few things fighters get. On the other hand it's a monk class feature so it's not like they aren't a bit needy too. Exploit weakness is the hard one, as it replaces an ability that doesn't exist in 3.5. For the moment let's assume it replaces ki strike. If so, it's leaps and bounds better than ki strike. On the other hand, it is set up to require taking pure monk to scale. The modified wisdom check scales rapidly, be it CR or HD used. (For the version I did, I used HD since I seldom use CR.) On a mutated third hand that the Abyss just had me spawn, I do dislike being able to automatically bypass damage reduction of any type. I'd rule it couldn't bypass damage reduction/- at the very least, as the point of getting that type of damage reduction is that it can't be defeated.

Alternate Class Feature: Pain Points

You forsake the inner focus of most monks, instead studying anatomy to maximize the damage you can cause.

Class: Monk.

Level: 3rd

Replaces: If you select this alternate class feature, you do not gain still mind.

Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus to critical hit confirmation rolls and the DC of your stunning fist ability increases by 1.

---

Alternate Class Feature: Martial Arts Master

Instead of training yourself on the defense so that you are always a graceful faller, you instead fully focus on the lethal martial arts of a warrior.

Level: 4th

Replaces: If you select this alternate class feature, you do not gain slow fall.

Benefit: You may use your monk level to qualify for feats with a fighter level prerequisite when those feats are applied to unarmed strikes or special monk weapons.

---

Alternate Class Feature: Exploit Weakness

Instead of a steady pool of ki power to fuel your strikes, you focus on using it as a surgical weapon after the proper observation.

Level: 4th

Replaces: If you select this alternate class feature, you do not gain ki strike or any of its later additions.

Benefit:  As a swift action, you can observe a creature or object to find its weak point by making a wisdom check and adding your monk level against a DC of 10 + the object's hardness or the target's hit dice. If the check succeeds, you gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls until the end of your turn, and any attacks you make during that time ignore the creature or object's damage reduction or hardness. Alternately, you may instead use this ability as a swift action to analyze the movements and expressions of one creature within 30ft, granting a bonus on sense motive checks, reflex saves and a dodge bonus to AC against that opponent equal to 1/2 of your monk level until the start of your next turn.

You cannot bypass damage reduction x/- with this ability.

---
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on January 09, 2012, 10:13:07 PM
That's five of them. What about the other thirty? Anything? (This is admittedly a low priority question right now.)

Eventually we'll take five for ourselves too, probably? No interest at present.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on January 09, 2012, 10:37:21 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on January 09, 2012, 02:48:16 AM
NAG: Willim is seeking giant spider eggs to raise for super-awesome mounts. The more advanced the spider, the better.

It does take some digging, but Brightwater really does have almost anything you can imagine to purchase!

Large spider egg: 1,500 gold.
Gargantuan spider egg: 10,000 gold.
Colossal: 65,000 gold.

This assumes the egg alone, getting it to hatch, raising and training it up are up to you.

That's what Handle Animal is for!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Serious question - who's gonna make the checks and how are they going to get them high enough?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Updated sheet for zombie-chan stuff.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Thanks Ithea. Zombie kitties will eat us all.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I'm sure the scourge of Cockroach-tan Jaela will do it first.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

You two can have a competition for it! Chain girl Afina can be a late challenger, too.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I want to use a Sending to Sylvie to tell her we think it'd be neat to meet and that she can have a home/friends with us if she likes. Also, we hate devils and Abigor, too.

But that's brief and I don't really intend to pursue her. My plan is to go to Brightwater and GI for a meeting place for Tyr's clergy there, then go meet with them on Brightwater's neutral ground.

Since Yuth will be missing for the week, he can challenge Sharess again? Perhaps +masochistic girlfriend, perhaps +kitten?

Anastasia

Bringing Ithea along for a week+ long thing since he's away doesn't make sense, since Merc will be here. It doesn't make much sense for him to diddle 'round a week because of that.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Ithea is surely not the only kitten, just the only PC one~