News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on February 04, 2016, 08:56:58 PM
Someone who can cast Mending or some other spell, I would assume. It's a very simple construct.

What Merc said. At absolute worst, I figure a wish could emulate something useful. So yes, it can be repaired there.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on February 04, 2016, 08:14:19 PM
Also, from the department of delegation: If you're running an NPC in combat, I'd like it if you kept track of their spoiler block for this adventure. Easier this way and lessens my heavy work load for this.

If you are running one, quote this so that I know you saw this and know what's up.

Ebiris

Afina knows repair moderate damage which is cure moderate for constructs.

Anastasia

Forgot to fill in Stille's PW1 feat, so I put improved sunder in as a placeholder. This'll be changed after mission.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

He'd better enjoy it while he has it and sunder some devil kneecaps!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Nephrite

Completely random question: Does Exemplar (Complete Champion)'s ability for Skill Mastery allow for one to take 10 on something like Knowledge checks? In addition, could you potentially take 10 on those checks in combat via Knowledge Devotion?

Anastasia

Isn't Exemplar in Complete Adventurer?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Anastasia

Yes and yes. It doesn't let you take 10 if the skill notes you can't (UMD comes to mind), but otherwise it's fair game.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Anastasia

Feel free to request a roll if you need one but can't phone roll, Merc.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I havent even had time to do that today. I'll be home in 10-20 and I'll post then
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on February 12, 2016, 08:28:21 PM
I havent even had time to do that today. I'll be home in 10-20 and I'll post then

It's cool, work happens. Unfortunately none of us are grossly rich.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

QuoteReally, aren't people in this particular plane supposed to be governed by self-obsession?

From Eb's thread. This is a good observation and one worth discussing. Self obsession can take varying forms, this case manifested as the desire to meddle. The party's business was none of the gloom's business, but it chose to interfere anyway. It felt it had every right to, because it was the important one. All of you were just an opportunity to manipulate, milk for valuables and bully. To the gloom, you were little more than an opportunity. What it wanted and what it would have were the driving factors. So it was going to show up and act as someone above the party, more important and capable of doing to them what it wished. They were little more than kindling to the fires of its ego.

Self obsession doesn't have to mean you sit in front of a mirror and go all Narcissus.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Just going to paste this form IRC.

<Ebiris> Just a thought, but wands require a spoken to use, so this way aren't we broadcasting every 3 minutes when Calleigh has to say "Go wand go!" or whatever the magic word is?
> Y'know, that didn't cross my mind, either. I thought wands didn't require verbal components.
<Ebiris> They're spell trigger rather than command word so it's not obvious, but the description does specify it.
<Ebiris> Spell trigger activation is similar to spell completion, but it's even simpler. No gestures or spell finishing is needed, just a special knowledge of spellcasting that an appropriate character would know, and a single word that must be spoken.
> Yeah, the text of wands just says you need to point and hold it.
> Lemme check, one sec.
> Checking, it's argued since one can construe the text in there as replacing the normal method, but it looks to be really subjective. Someone mentioned something in the FAQ or sage advice, so lemme check that real quick along with the rules compendium.
<Ebiris> If only Tryll had learned control sound.
> Okay, wands are apparently arguable and I've seen it argued a few times. No decisive word seems to exist, though I didn't search the FAQ too closely.
> I'm going to keep them to point and shoot, I think. That's how I've ran them, though it usually isn't terribly relevant beyond someone just tapping with a wand instead of speaking.
<Rin> Hanna surely regens the elemental damage
> Yes.
> Spell did not have the evil descriptor. Which is about 50/50 at best, violate or corrupt SLAs common for Nessians.
> This one needed the feats for other things.
> New houserule in misc rulings. It's affirming wands being silent. Y'all can blame this one on I think Alicia and other's preferred method of using CLW wands being a tap.
> I'm fairly sure I rolled with it off of those, thinking about it.
<Ebiris> Its just fluff most of the time, like how we never bother saying what verbal components we use when we cast a spell.
<Rin> Bat guano!
> I do use verbals sometimes for flavor, actually. But this case I've ran it that way for years so I'd rather just keep it for consistency.
> (Kascha tends to be really verbal with her spells.)
<Afina> Forever.