News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on December 26, 2016, 03:36:16 PM
So with Gytha's demiplane, Aurora has more space and a big old ocean to use. What do you all want to do with it? NPC suggestions follow.

The demiplane can be reached by the gate at Aurora's front gate or at the portal hub in the entrance hall. It can return to both spots, though Elena or Galariel can change this in times of defense as needed.

1. Storage for a navy since Jaela's starting one.

2. Refuge for the water elementals and any aquatic creatures. Would help using purely aquatic creatures since they'd have a suitable habitat in Aurora.

3. Construct a small town to center things on, built on docks at the shoreline. Likewise, an underwater village is suggested.

4. Emergency food supply via fishing, kelp harvest and so forth.

Gytha's labs are likewise here but will be covered IC later on.

Since I felt like covering this in more detail.

1. Naval harbor with attached village. Could expand into a trade hub if we're on a plane that has trade. Putting our citizens to work raises morale and makes them feel useful. We all love morale rewards.

2. Beneath the harbor, or perhaps off to the side, could exist an underwater portion of the surface village. This would allow us to attract aquatic recruits as well as host a possible embassy from Water? I know the tortles and the water elementals would be happy, but there's no reason we can't attract merfolk, aquatic elves, sahuagin, or anything else that wants to play nice. Again, it lets our aquatic and amphibious citizens feel useful.

3. Fish! It's a demiplane, so temperatures can be manipulated to support exotic life. A coral reef could be a nice touch, and it could be used to supply exotic spell components or crafting materials. Additionally, pearl farms. Fish can be acquired as easily as scooping out a lake or ocean with a spell or net. Exotic fish may require dedicated purchases, but if they can provide positive effects, I see no reason why we can't support this. Hell, Tryll would be pleased to dedicate some time to it if necessary. Also, Baleruk likes giant fish. Keeping our half-mad draco-abomination happy is probably a good idea.

Really, we've just installed an extremely large swimming pool. I can think of a lot of things to do with it.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on December 27, 2016, 07:28:17 PM1. Naval harbor with attached village. Could expand into a trade hub if we're on a plane that has trade. Putting our citizens to work raises morale and makes them feel useful. We all love morale rewards.

Doable enough.

Quote2. Beneath the harbor, or perhaps off to the side, could exist an underwater portion of the surface village. This would allow us to attract aquatic recruits as well as host a possible embassy from Water? I know the tortles and the water elementals would be happy, but there's no reason we can't attract merfolk, aquatic elves, sahuagin, or anything else that wants to play nice. Again, it lets our aquatic and amphibious citizens feel useful.

All doable. The water elementals would love it and get a morale boost from it, too. Same as the fire elementals having their thing.

Quote3. Fish! It's a demiplane, so temperatures can be manipulated to support exotic life. A coral reef could be a nice touch, and it could be used to supply exotic spell components or crafting materials. Additionally, pearl farms. Fish can be acquired as easily as scooping out a lake or ocean with a spell or net. Exotic fish may require dedicated purchases, but if they can provide positive effects, I see no reason why we can't support this. Hell, Tryll would be pleased to dedicate some time to it if necessary. Also, Baleruk likes giant fish. Keeping our half-mad draco-abomination happy is probably a good idea.

Really, we've just installed an extremely large swimming pool. I can think of a lot of things to do with it.

All of those are doable too, though a time investment. Basic fish are trivial to get and a bit of work can get you most exotic fish. Water if nothing else, y'know?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on December 21, 2016, 12:14:12 AM
Dune, what do you think of this? It's just a copied/upgraded version. I wasn't sure what level to make it, seeing as how you disliked the hijinks of the uncapped version.

Mighty Wallop, Superior
Transmutation
Level: Sorcerer 10, Wizard 10, Spellthief 10
Components: V, S, AF,
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: One bludgeoning melee weapon
Duration: 24 hours
Saving Throw: None (object)
Spell Resistance: No (object)

As Mighty Wallop (Greater), except that the bludgeoning melee weapon damage increases by four size categories.

Focus: A melee weapon.

Something like that's okay. I'll work up a version of it in a little bit, need to crunch a few things.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

For consideration:

Dragon's Skin
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 8
Components: V, S, M
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 hour/level (D)
Saving Throw: None (Harmless)
Spell Resistance: No (Harmless)

This spell conjures up a phantasmal dragon which wraps itself around you. By being imbued with the energy of a Dragon, you gain a +10 armor bonus to armor class and 10/Damage Reduction.

Material Component

A single dragon scale
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Do you mean damage reduction 10/magic?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Level ups are coming once the current batch of adventures end and Benfal prep begins. Notes and reminders.

- If you're going to dip, remember that only BAB matters now. Saves are on epic save progression so that isn't a concern.

- Level 25 is a non feat, non stat level. If you want either of those, you'll have to get them from class abilities.

- If you need custom material for the next level up, say so now so it can be prepared. Please don't spring it on me mid-level up.

- Likewise, this is a good time for any purchases. If you want an item for Benfal, get it now. Prep, prep, prep.

- NPCs are hitting level 24, so they get a feat and stat point for sure. Expect a bit of a power spike from several of them. Build charts exist, feel free to go check them out and make recommendations. If you do, post them in here rather than the build chart topic.

- There will be a few days off once we hit level ups, as it takes a lot of time on my end to do NPC level ups. So you'll have time to get your houses in order.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I'd like to look at an Epic Fatesinger progression if you're willing to work with me on that.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on January 04, 2017, 02:48:03 AM
Do you mean damage reduction 10/magic?

I kinda left that open for you to decide for what's most suitable for the dragon-y defenses theme.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on January 04, 2017, 11:19:35 AM
I'd like to look at an Epic Fatesinger progression if you're willing to work with me on that.

Easy enough. Lemme whip one up real quick. This'll just be the bones of the progression, feats can come once that's done.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on January 04, 2017, 12:07:59 AM
For consideration:

Dragon's Skin
Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Sor/Wiz 8
Components: V, S, M
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 hour/level (D)
Saving Throw: None (Harmless)
Spell Resistance: No (Harmless)

This spell conjures up a phantasmal dragon which wraps itself around you. By being imbued with the energy of a Dragon, you gain a +10 armor bonus to armor class and 10/Damage Reduction.

Material Component

A single dragon scale

10/magic's fine. DR/magic is so trivial at that level that adding that at an hour/level is no big deal.

I would suggest renaming it, as there's a dragonskin spell already.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Also Neph, check your PMs.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on January 04, 2017, 12:45:04 PM
Done.

Superb. Don't check your PMs this time, it's just a confirmation of it's what I needed.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

How's this look, Neph? It's just the bones of it, no custom feats or custom material for it. Those can be added a bit later.

[spoiler]

Epic Fatesinger

Hit Die

d6

Skill Points at Each Additional Level

2 + Intelligence modifier.

LevelBase Attack BonusSpecialSpells
11+5Bardic music+1 arcane
12+6-+1 arcane
13+6Bonus feat, song of fortune (5 allies)+1 arcane
14+7-+1 arcane
15+7-+1 arcane
16+8Bonus feat, song of fortune (6 allies)+1 arcane
17+8-+1 arcane
18+9-+1 arcane
19+9Bonus feat, song of fortune (7 allies)+1 arcane
20+10-+1 arcane

Bardic Music (Ex)

The epic fatesinger continues to add his fatesinger and bard level together to determine his daily uses of bardic music.

Song of Fortune (Su)

At 13th level and every 3 levels thereafter, the epic fatesinger may target an additional ally with song of fortune.=

Bonus Feats

An epic fatesinger gains an epic bonus feat at level 13 and every 3 levels thereafter.

Epic Fatesinger Bonus Feat List

Deafening Song, Enhance Spell, Epic Inspiration, Epic Reputation, Epic Skill Focus, Epic Spell Capacity, Group Inspiration, Hindering Song, Improved Combat Casting, Improved Metamagic, Inspire Excellence, Intensify Spell, Lasting Inspiration, Music of the Gods, Permanent Emanation, Polyglot, Ranged Inspiration, Rapid Inspiration, Reactive Countersong, Spell Stowaway, Spell Opportunity, Tenacious Magic.

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

The only thing would be to change the +1 arcane to +1 existing since that's what Fatesinger is now.