News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on January 11, 2017, 02:06:34 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on January 09, 2017, 03:26:24 PM
Favored Soul spell pickups just for the record:

4: Planar Tolerance
5: Wall of Stone
6: Greater Heroism Find the Path
7: Greater Plane Shift, Shield of the Archons, Fortunate Fate

Note that Shield of the Archons has the archon component. See page 89 of the BoED. Short version: You need to have the archon subtype to cast it.

Note for transparency: Some angels who are LG and serve Mount Celestia get a pass on this, due to the nature of how angels work in the campaign.

So noted, even though Moore should totally be an archon pixie!!!! I'll just take Greater Restoration, then.

EDIT: I lied, he's not going to fork over 5000 gold per Greater Restoration cast, so he'll just take Control Weather.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on January 11, 2017, 02:26:33 PM
Add Living Spell Laboratory: 50,000 gold; 2 DC 45 K:A checks, 2 DC 45 Appraise checks; 3 days.

Afina can make the Arcana checks by taking 10 for 49. Vul'lath can make the Appraise checks by taking 10 for 47.

Disjunction trap for the gates, fires before the magic missiles (CL 20): 100,000 gold; 2 DC 35 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 35 K:A check; 6 days.

Afina can make the spellcraft and arcana checks by taking 10 for 49.

Repair training rooms: 30,000 gold; 2 DC 30 K:A checks; 1 DC 32 K:A&E check; 4 days.

Tepen can make the arcana and architecture checks by taking 10 for 65.

These all go without incident. More details coming.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Todo

1. Go through nagging, answer/resolve posts.
2. Ilsenine's level up.
3. Loot.
4. Sticky Neph's Aurora fund post.
5. Finnegan rebuild.
6. More spells.
7. More spells.
8. More spells.
9. Secret shop update.
10. Build chart updates.
11. Simmer living spells.
12. Training rooms update.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Dune, can you help me sort out skill points? I think I've vastly undersold how many I get every level and as such have a surplus but I want to double check.

My math shows as such:

Level 1: 168 ( 6+6+4 ) * 4
Level 2-11: 176 (6+6+4) * 10
Level 12-25: 238 (6+7+4) *14

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on January 11, 2017, 03:19:13 PM
Dune, can you help me sort out skill points? I think I've vastly undersold how many I get every level and as such have a surplus but I want to double check.

My math shows as such:

What are each of those from? Class skill points, Int score and houserule +4?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on January 11, 2017, 04:37:48 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on January 11, 2017, 03:19:13 PM

My math shows as such:

What are each of those from? Class skill points, Int score and houserule +4?

Yes, correct. 6 from class, 6 from INT which then got boosted to 7 at level 12 and the housruled +4.

Anastasia

Okay, at level 1 you would have a total of 16 skill points per level. For level one that's times 4, so 16*4=64 skill points, enough to put 16 skills to the max of 4 ranks at level 1. How is your math coming up with 168 skill points?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on January 11, 2017, 04:42:25 PM
Okay, at level 1 you would have a total of 16 skill points per level. For level one that's times 4, so 16*4=64 skill points, enough to put 16 skills to the max of 4 ranks at level 1. How is your math coming up with 168 skill points?

You know, that's a really good question, but I have no idea. You know, somehow all of the math appears to be off, so let me redo that...

Level 1: 64
Level 2-11: 160
Level 12-25: 238

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

ANYWAY, the reason I bring it up is I have 420 (15 skills at 28) + 10+15 = 445 skill points which means I have 17 left over.

I'm going to pluck one from Acrobatics to put it at 14 and put one into Intimidate and then the other 17 to just have it at 28 like all the others. You never know when you have to be a Scary Pixie. 

EDIT: Also, please add my purchases to your todo list.

Anastasia

Acrobatics? Which skill do you mean?
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Ha ha... for the longest time I've apparently had Acrobatics (like the Pathfinder skill) as one of Moore's skills. I'm not entirely sure how I overlooked that for this long.

I'm just going to change it into Tumble since that's the same spirit of what I was intending.

Yuthirin

Dearest Dunefar,

This is your reminder that the table for bonus Power Points is still not listed in the Homebrew thread.

Love,
Harried Fish-Man
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Tryll reaches level 25.

- Master Mentalist 2 & Psion 20
- 4 on a d4 for a total of 9 hit points for a grand total of 246 hit points.
- +1 BAB from Master Mentalist.
- Manifester level of his PLAs rise by 1.
- Gains 37+5 power points.
- Skills go up as normal.
- Familiar abilities rise as normal.
- Tryll gains 1 additional power from levels and 1 additional power from Master Mentalist. He selects Assimilate and Astral Seed.
- Tryll restructures his power list, exchanging a number of powers for others. Powers lost: Entangling ectoplasm, crystal shard, crystalstorm. Powers gained: Time hop, psychic reformation, anticipatory strike.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on January 11, 2017, 06:56:52 PM
Dearest Dunefar,

This is your reminder that the table for bonus Power Points is still not listed in the Homebrew thread.

Love,
Harried Fish-Man

I know, I know. Funny story, I swear I did it once but I can't find it now. It drives me crazy since it's like an hour+ of tedious table building to do and argh. I just look at it and go fuuuuuuuck whenever I see it.

Feel like earning tons of brownie points?
<Afina> Forever.