"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 17, 2017, 04:36:54 PM
I want to go and do this thing: Go beat up Kras and take his stuff. Which includes his realm. Apparently, I'd need to go through Astral.

Sure, just make sure it's on your todo list with a link to that post.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

This isn't done, posting it since I'm not going to get it finished now and I don't want to lose what I have so far. Just let this post lie for now.

Quote from: Corwin on February 19, 2017, 03:47:56 PM
Spell idea that came up in chat:

Shroedinger's Fog
Works as Fog Cloud in every aspect, with the following addition -- Jaela is always perfectly positioned to strike at foes from any spot in the fog, only deciding her position in it at the end of each turn. She can AoO from any spot as well, and any opponents within the fog itself are considered flanked for her.

I'd also be interested in variants with Solid Fog as basis as well, or in larger/faster propagating fogs (such as Cloudkill).

Vigilant Cloud
Conjuration (Creation)

Rest of things from fog cloud are ignored for now, really just trying to hammer out the details and wording of this. Name's also a placeholder. I don't want Shroedinger's Fog since that's way too pop culture-y and meta.

This spell creates a fog that is identical to fog cloud, except that you are perfectly positioned to strike at foes from any spot in the fog. You threaten all squares within the fog and can AoO anyone that provokes within it, regardless of your actual position. Additionally anyone you attack is considered flanked for the sake of your attacks.

Needs to clarify possible teleporting? Dual school spell? Maybe something else?

Add notes on positioning and possible area attacks.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Todo: Earth's Bounty bonus shop update.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Turns out I forgot to post books from last month's shop update. I apologize and lament the pains of growing older. I think we all forgot.

Curiosity

This tome is a study of how to maintain a healthy sense of curiosity. A series of intellectual exercises are split up by essays on what a healthy mind must be curious. Learning is the most important thing any mind can do. Those that neglect it court mental regression and ultimately stupidity. The writer also emphasizes this is important for the aged and elderly, as this helps keep the mind sharp and free of dementia.

Jaela doesn't note any magic or anything interesting in the book, though the theory work's solid enough to her eyes.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Slicer Memory

The memoirs of a intelligent weapon. It focuses entirely on cutting, slicing, stabbing and other such things. The sword frankly admits that it has no interest in anything else. A sword is made to kill and it is a sword. The only thing a sword can do is kill those it attacks. Oh, you can gussy it up by making it holy or unholy, aiming it against a certain target, but in the end it's all about killing.

As the memoirs go on, you see the same pattern. The sword is wielded and more and more are slain by it, until the wielder is killed and the cycle repeats anew. Never once does a wielder put it down or stop until they are dead. In a way, it becomes numbing, easy to accept another ten pages of slaughter. After all, it is but a sword and a sword is for killing.

Are you...a sword? The thought comes to you as you read, a sudden revelation. Sometimes it seems all you do is kill. Are you just a sword for the Triune? Then the thought passes, your routine mental protections paying off.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

An Illustrated History of Arcadia

How lovely. This book is an illustrated history book to Arcadia. It is...

Before this book continues, what's your alignment, Surru?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Ethereal Adventures

This book is short list of adventure sites in the Deep Ethereal. It mentions the following:

Caye's Tomb

The tomb of a forgotten mortal king. It is said that it is filled to the brim with gold and treasures from a lifetime of conquest. King Caye was dreadfully paranoid and felt any tomb he made would be plundered, his treasures lost to the greedy. His answer was to commission powerful wizards to cast his tomb into the Deep Ethereal once he was interred within. Since that time the tomb floats through the Deep Ethereal, a luring prize to the greedy.

However, it is not so easy. It is said that King Caye's ghost haunts the halls. Further, it warns that he has conquered strange beings of dreams that wandered in, beings that serve him now. Many have come to take his treasure and they have only added their own to the halls. Those that fall to him are consigned to rise as ghosts under his control, further ensuring no one will ever take his treasures.

Levesen

The Unknown Tower. The Tenth Seed. The Court of Howls. A sanctuary for an unthinkable, impossible being. It is a creature with absolute dominion over mortal and immortal life. It chooses who can live in its presence, those that cannot quickly perish.  It wears a crown of eyes and wears a mantle of light. It speaks of the past and sees it as clearly as the present. Those that meet it invariably offer their own howls of anguish to the court.

Surraruthru pauses to get a bit of water and clear his head. When he returns to continue reading, the book's pages are all blank.

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on February 20, 2017, 04:43:54 PM
Let's make this! I really want it!

Add long range spell capacity (Allows casting spells through Medicant and through the illusionary battlefield) 400,000 gold; 5 DC 50 spellcraft checks; 4 DC 50 K:A check; 10 days.

Up to y'all. If yo udo, post the expense to Aurora and make the rolls.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on February 22, 2017, 11:36:35 AM
An Illustrated History of Arcadia

How lovely. This book is an illustrated history book to Arcadia. It is...

Before this book continues, what's your alignment, Surru?

Chaotic Good.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Corwin

Quote from: Corwin on February 20, 2017, 04:43:54 PM
Let's make this! I really want it!

Add long range spell capacity (Allows casting spells through Medicant and through the illusionary battlefield) 400,000 gold; 5 DC 50 spellcraft checks; 4 DC 50 K:A check; 10 days.

Guys! I really, really want to do this thing! And with the 25% markdown before any rolls we can afford it! It's awesome and will let us buff our dudes en mass! Sort of like a situational mission arch, except with shorter-term spells tailored to the occasion!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Nephrite

I'm fine with it. Are the checks done over the period of days? If so, Moore can help out a lot more with each one of them.