News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 04, 2017, 07:57:26 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 04, 2017, 07:32:34 AM
Quote from: Corwin on June 03, 2017, 05:12:18 PM
Also, do we have lvl10 spells for the following domains? Water, Time, Magic, Renewal, Travel, War, Knowledge, Protection, Illusion.

Time 10 is Mass Freedom of Movement. It's Travel 10 as well.

War 10 is War's Blessing.

Energy Immunity is Protection 10.

The others are not filled.

Thanks! Is there an easy to reference repository for them? I tried the spell collection, but it only had 2 domains.

I could slap something together for it. For now I go into edit the post and use a find to look for domains. You could do the same by quoting the post.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

I didn't think of quoting. Okay, I'll try that, thanks again! I'll recommend spells for my domains to fill up levels 10-13 if that's okay.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

By all means, recommend away.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Do you have samples of purely epic caster prcs? Either divine or arcane? I was thinking of coming up with something, but I think there's only the choir one to compare to, the rest are continuations of base classes into epic.

If not, any guidelines for design?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 04, 2017, 08:28:58 AM
Do you have samples of purely epic caster prcs? Either divine or arcane? I was thinking of coming up with something, but I think there's only the choir one to compare to, the rest are continuations of base classes into epic.

If not, any guidelines for design?

Suggestions from R&S: Cosmic Descryer (though just a conversion of the ELH one so whatever), Grand Weaver and Hellfire Master (if for infusions instead of spells).

The main guideline with an epic PrC is that it should do something that a normal PrC doesn't and/or be epic in some definable way. Once you have that worked out, it's mostly like designing a normal prestige class.

Also they require at least one prerequisite that only an epic character can fulfill. This is usually an epic feat plus 24+ ranks in a skill, though it can get more creative.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 18, 2012, 06:14:27 PM
Golden Bracelets

Ranks are unlocked by using them in battles of the appropriate CR or higher. Multiple ranks can be unlocked in a particular battle if it meets the CR requirements and is particularly epic.

Rank 1: CR 10 or sparring, fire resistance 10, 100ft range.
Rank 2: CR 13, +2 fortitude saves, 125ft range.
Rank 3: CR 15, searing light at will as an SLA, 150ft range.
Rank 4: CR 18, +2 reflex saves, 200ft range.
Rank 5: CR 20, flame strike at will, 300ft range.
Rank 6: CR 21, +2 will saves, 400ft range.
Rank 7: CR 24, +2d6 goldenfire damage on weapon damage rolls, natural attacks and spells and spell-like abilities with the fire descriptor, 700ft range.
Rank 8: CR 27, immunity to fire, 1000ft range.
Rank 9: CR 29, save bonuses increase to +7, 5000ft range.
Rank 10: CR 32, goldenfire damage rises to +4d6, unlimited range as long as on same plane.
Rank 11: CR 35, sunburst at will as an SLA.
Rank 12: CR 40, goldenfire damage rises to +6d6, gain goldenfire spell as a bonus feat.

It occurs to me that I don't know what Goldenfire Spell is (from the rank 12 line). Can you post it or link to it? I'm thinking it might be worthwhile getting normally during this levelup.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on June 04, 2017, 07:39:30 AM
For reference, where is the nature bard you're mentioning?

Unearthed Arcana page 58.

Corwin

That sad feeling when I return home from certain death and no Favored Soul Mastery  >_>

Ebiris

Afina reaches level 26!
+1 to all saves from epic save bonus
Firesoul Mage 10//Scout 13
[15:27] <@Ebiris> roll 1d8 level 26 hp
[15:27] <Serith> Ebiris roll for Serith < 5 > [d8=5]
+1 11th level spell per day, +1 11th level spell known, +1 bab, advanced learning (+1 fire spell known of any level castable), fire apotheosis (treated as elemental or outsider, whichever is most beneficial, slam attack, immunity to stunning and critical hits, can 1/day treat any spell cast as if using the energy admixture feat with fire only), skirmish damage increases by +1d6
Taking Many Moments of Prescience for the 11th level spell, replacing Moment of Prescience with Touch of the Graveborn
For the advanced learning spell, taking Raging Flame

Afina reaches level 27!
Feat spent on Spell Stowaway (time stop)
Firesoul Mage 11//Scout 14
[15:27] <@Ebiris> roll 1d8 level 27 hp
[15:27] <Serith> Ebiris roll for Serith < 3 > [d8=3]
+1 11th level spell per day, +3 12th level spells per day (+1 more from high charisma), +1 12th level spell known, +1 bab, hide in plain sight.
Taking Dispater's Perfect Sight for the 12th level spell, except refluffed as Afina's Perfect Vision. Because fuck giving credit to devils.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on June 04, 2017, 07:41:59 AM
Quote from: Nephrite on June 03, 2017, 10:44:53 PM
Another question:

If I took Permanent Emanation, would that work on Hindsight? If so, how would it work? Can I just... use it whenever I want?

RAW it works, so that's probably how I'd run it.

Also, how would it function? Do I still need to wait an hour per use of it or is it just "always on" and I can select which amount of time I'd like information on?

Nephrite

Moore reaches level 26!

Bard 26 and Fatesinger 12

2 on a d6 for a total of 11 (8 con, +1 toughness) and a total of 322 HP.

+1 BAB, +1 saves, +1 8th spell per day

Epic feat at this level goes to Epic Skill Focus: Perform (Oratory) and fulfills his promise to Lliira to do so. Note to self: Go back and have a chat with her since they kind of pulled the rug out from him.

Moore gains 1 8th level Bard spell known and picks something that I'll get to later pending more nagging.

Favored Soul casting increases to 15 and he gains nothing because Favored Soul casting is weird.

EDIT: I forgot, he also gets +1 to inspire courage from being Bard 26.

Nephrite

Dune: To go back here for a moment, http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1087417.html#msg1087417

I want to make sure Antimagic Sound is good to pick up and I'm curious if you'd approve adding Antimagic Ray to Bard spells in some manner.

Iron Dragoon

Okay, I know there some weirdness with how my dragon stuff was calculated (for ref: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103956.msg1090786.html#msg1090786) and just wanted to make sure I got things right before I go too deep into this.

First:
QuoteFor age category, you use the red dragon scale. This is just for age category and nothing else. Use your dragon racial hit dice and nothing else, including the half-celestial levels. That gives you 21 hit dice, which makes you a young adult for age category.
So my racial dice would bump to 22 and then 23, which falls into adult for Red Dragon. Are Breath Weapon DC and Frightful Presence DC the only things that go up/are tied to this.

Also with 23 racial hit die, my Sorcerer casting bumps to 16th level (at 22 per that post). I'm not really clear how 3/4ths advancement works. That means that I won't hit 17th level casting until 24 hit die?

Finally, does the +2 racial dice give me anything new from the Arcane Dragons?

Edit: I also forget how skill points work for dragons. Is it 6+int?
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on June 04, 2017, 12:00:36 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 04, 2017, 07:39:30 AM
For reference, where is the nature bard you're mentioning?

Unearthed Arcana page 58.

Okay. Anyway, what you asked is fine.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on June 04, 2017, 12:41:02 PM
That sad feeling when I return home from certain death and no Favored Soul Mastery  >_>

From PM today:

<Annerose> Also, meta question, but is the Favored Soul Mastery a thing I can hope for during the leveling phase?
<Annerose> Since it's reasonably pricy I just need to know how much to spend
> I will in a bit, need to catch up, just sleepy. I'm gonna do a shops update, so possibly.

There will be a big shop update near the end of the week, so expect that. I'm going to try and do it at a neutral time for everyone: 3 PM EST on Thursday or Friday, so all 5 of you have a chance to be there for it. Bear that in mind.
<Afina> Forever.