News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Random DM nagging.

Started by Anastasia, August 06, 2011, 10:56:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Thanks for the heads up!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on June 04, 2017, 01:01:58 PM
Afina reaches level 26!
+1 to all saves from epic save bonus
Firesoul Mage 10//Scout 13
[15:27] <@Ebiris> roll 1d8 level 26 hp
[15:27] <Serith> Ebiris roll for Serith < 5 > [d8=5]
+1 11th level spell per day, +1 11th level spell known, +1 bab, advanced learning (+1 fire spell known of any level castable), fire apotheosis (treated as elemental or outsider, whichever is most beneficial, slam attack, immunity to stunning and critical hits, can 1/day treat any spell cast as if using the energy admixture feat with fire only), skirmish damage increases by +1d6
Taking Many Moments of Prescience for the 11th level spell, replacing Moment of Prescience with Touch of the Graveborn
For the advanced learning spell, taking Raging Flame

Afina reaches level 27!
Feat spent on Spell Stowaway (time stop)
Firesoul Mage 11//Scout 14
[15:27] <@Ebiris> roll 1d8 level 27 hp
[15:27] <Serith> Ebiris roll for Serith < 3 > [d8=3]
+1 11th level spell per day, +3 12th level spells per day (+1 more from high charisma), +1 12th level spell known, +1 bab, hide in plain sight.
Taking Dispater's Perfect Sight for the 12th level spell, except refluffed as Afina's Perfect Vision. Because fuck giving credit to devils.

Is there an epic firesoul mage handy? This isn't a big deal from what I recall you saying, but just curious.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on June 04, 2017, 02:58:06 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on June 04, 2017, 07:41:59 AM
Quote from: Nephrite on June 03, 2017, 10:44:53 PM
Another question:

If I took Permanent Emanation, would that work on Hindsight? If so, how would it work? Can I just... use it whenever I want?

RAW it works, so that's probably how I'd run it.

Also, how would it function? Do I still need to wait an hour per use of it or is it just "always on" and I can select which amount of time I'd like information on?

That's how I would do it, pending in game experience to see how that works out.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on June 05, 2017, 11:03:11 AM
Dune: To go back here for a moment, http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1087417.html#msg1087417

I want to make sure Antimagic Sound is good to pick up and I'm curious if you'd approve adding Antimagic Ray to Bard spells in some manner.

It's fine, with the proviso it still fails on creatures immune to antimagic field and the like.

Where's antimagic ray, SC?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

QuoteFirst:
QuoteFor age category, you use the red dragon scale. This is just for age category and nothing else. Use your dragon racial hit dice and nothing else, including the half-celestial levels. That gives you 21 hit dice, which makes you a young adult for age category.
So my racial dice would bump to 22 and then 23, which falls into adult for Red Dragon. Are Breath Weapon DC and Frightful Presence DC the only things that go up/are tied to this.

Yes, unless said otherwise in that post or by me.

QuoteAlso with 23 racial hit die, my Sorcerer casting bumps to 16th level (at 22 per that post). I'm not really clear how 3/4ths advancement works. That means that I won't hit 17th level casting until 24 hit die?

It's identical to how 3/4ths BAB progresses. A quick and easy way to determine it is to multiply the hit dice times .75. Remember to round down.

22*.75=16.50, so 16th level casting.
23*.75=17.25, so 17th level casting.
24*.75=18.00, so 18th level casting.
25*.75=18.75, so 18th level casting.
26*.75=19.50, so 19th level casting.

So on and so forth. So at 23 hit dice you have 17th level casting. Your next miss level is 25 hit dice.

QuoteFinally, does the +2 racial dice give me anything new from the Arcane Dragons?

This will be gone into IC, put it on your todo list.

QuoteEdit: I also forget how skill points work for dragons. Is it 6+int?

Correct.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on June 05, 2017, 07:32:38 PM
Quote from: Nephrite on June 05, 2017, 11:03:11 AM
Dune: To go back here for a moment, http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101729.msg1087417.html#msg1087417

I want to make sure Antimagic Sound is good to pick up and I'm curious if you'd approve adding Antimagic Ray to Bard spells in some manner.

It's fine, with the proviso it still fails on creatures immune to antimagic field and the like.

Where's antimagic ray, SC?

Yes, page 14.

Anastasia

Vivantha reaches level 25.

- Lillend 25 and Lillend Lyricist 4.
- 3 on a d8 for a total of 12 hit points and a grand total of 340 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +25.
- Gained song of fear. It's okay but not great.
- Gains 25th level bard casting. +1 8th level spell known and +1 spell per day. She grabs superior invisibility.
- Skills go up as normal.

Eh. It was a level.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Vivantha reaches level 26.

- Lillend 26 and Lillend Lyricist 5.
- 5 on a d8 for a total of 15 hit points and a grand total of 355 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +26.
- Lillend inspiration rises by +1d6 to +6d6.
- Gained song of healing. It actually isn't that bad, since sometimes you really need a night's rest, but it's not great at this level of play.
- Gains 26th level bard casting. +1 8th level spell known and +1 8th level spell per day. She selects scintillating pattern. I'd make a custom spell normally since it doesn't fit her, but Vivantha's semi-retired thanks to the Muirfinn situation.

In retrospect lilliend lyricist was a mistake for her, but it's not worth retraining her at this juncture and in her position.

Bard 26 spellcasting.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

I have a question on Bardic Sage, it states this: In addition to the normal number of spells known, a bardic sage knows one Divination spell of each spell level he is capable of casting.

I can see this read in two ways: You know 1 divination-school spell per caster level that bards can already cast OR you add one divination school spell to each caster level, regardless of what class can use it.

Before I go too deep down the rabbit hole with this one I wanted to ask.

Yuthirin

I'm sure they don't, but do Toughness and Psionic Body stack?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Kascha reaches level 25.

- Ghaele 25 and Wyrm Wizard 15.
- 7 on a d8 for a total of 14 hit points and a grand total of 293 hit points.
- +1 BAB for a total of +25.
- Gains draconic discovery (10th). She selects greater fireburst, twin.
- Gains 25th level wizard spellcasting. +1 11th level spell slot. Kascha prepares another superb dispelling, since when you need one, you really need one.
- +1 spell resistance for a total of 37.
- Kascha selects Epic Knowledge of the Wyrm(WW25). She chooses K:N and K:P as the two knowledge skills boosted.

Solid enough level.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on June 05, 2017, 10:13:32 PM
I have a question on Bardic Sage, it states this: In addition to the normal number of spells known, a bardic sage knows one Divination spell of each spell level he is capable of casting.

I can see this read in two ways: You know 1 divination-school spell per caster level that bards can already cast OR you add one divination school spell to each caster level, regardless of what class can use it.

Before I go too deep down the rabbit hole with this one I wanted to ask.

Former. It's restricted to bard spells known unless it says otherwise in the text.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on June 05, 2017, 10:16:00 PM

They stack. If you need the HP, go for it. Dana considered it but couldn't scrounge up the feat.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 05, 2017, 11:28:01 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on June 05, 2017, 10:16:00 PM

They stack. If you need the HP, go for it. Dana considered it but couldn't scrounge up the feat.
I'm considering it for Calleigh

Iron Dragoon

Requesting approval of the spell Mystic Shield from the book Anauroch: The Empire of Shade, p. 141. Found via D&D tools.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.