News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Quote from: Ebiris on October 02, 2011, 07:20:47 AM
Since fortress upgrades/repairs are going to consume huge amounts of money from now on, I think we should adopt a different loot splitting model... or rather, go back to the Whimsical Sweets model with Aurora filling in for Josa (insert fat joke of your choice here).

In other words, 50% of all loot we get goes into a group fund primarily for fixing our fortress, although other group costs like resurrections/restorations/bribes/salaries can all come out of that as well. The remaining 50% gets split up between everyone as normal.

Thoughts?
I can get on board with this loot scheme.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

I pity the army that doesn't have at least masterwork weapons already, and we probably will go to hell if we send them out against devils anyway.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Depends a lot on the army. Let's say you have a 10,000 person army and you want all of them to make masterwork weapons. They cost 300 gold per weapon, not counting the price of the base weapon. That's 3,000,000 gold just for masterwork weapons. If you're really rich beyond reason and powerful, you could pay 20,000,000 for +1 weapons for all!

The point is that assuming a large army all has masterwork stuff isn't automatic and shouldn't be.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Well, we're recruiting awesome dudes with decent troops, right? Not drafting peasants and handing out weapons to them?

Ebiris

We're recruiting awesome named dudes. Our fodder might not be so well off, and to be honest the amount of trouble involved in selling off hundreds of masterwork weapons in an effort to get a proper price for them is hateful.

Anastasia

Ysgard loot

1 Striped Toadstool. As the poison in the SRD.

4,393 gold, 2 silver and 4 copper.

Various gemstones totalling 23,038 gold.

Mushroom Broom

This broom can be used as a quarterstaff in battle, though that's not where its power lies. Once per day, if swept over a patch of ground, log or other suitable place for one minute, 2d12 mushrooms of random types will sprout within 12 hours. These mushrooms vary wildly, often having mutations or being new types altogether. Roughly 50% of mushrooms created this way are edible, while the other 50% are poisonous.

Tinia's Regret

Tinia's Regret was forged in the great smithies of the fire giants within Ysgard. It is made of iron mixed with the blood, bones and brains of Tinia, a fire giant hero. When held by a creature of the giant type or by someone with giant blood(half giant, half troll, ect), they hear a voice urging them to take the weapon into battle. Non giants do not hear this voice and often find Tinia's Regret to be an unsuitable weapon.

In battle Tinia's Regret functions as a large fullhammer+3. Anyone struck by the hammer is temporarily concussed, treated as staggered for 1 minute. (DC 21 fortitude negates).

Tinia is known to have been a powerful fire giant fighter. He was said to have died a peaceful death, lamenting that no warrior could give him a worthy demise. 50,000 gp.

Gaelach

This sword's origins are lost in the mists of ancient planar times. In the last several eons it has been in the hands of Mistfall, a Shard of Selune. This blade looks to be made of mithral. It is of fine quality but possesses no visible identification marks. There is an invisible symbol engraved on the pommelstone, a symbol from a forgotten language that has been translated to roughly mean silvercloud.

Gaelach functions as a greatsword+4. It strikes as a silvered weapon but does not inflict a -1 penalty to damage. When fighting in moonlight with Gaelach, the bearer gains a +5 bonus to attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, armor class, skill checks and ability checks. In addition a cloud of silvery dust surrounds the bearer. This cloud resembles a silvery glitterdust effect, and indeed it foils invisibility for the bearer. However, these silver motes invariably show the bearer the truth of things around them, stripping away illusion and showing reality. This grants the bearer true seeing within a 30ft radius.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

If we're in a safe spot, does anyone want to try to ID the broom and the hammer for me?
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ebiris

I'll take 10 for 33 on spellcraft, sure.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Loot updated now that you have time to get it counted and appraised. The Mushroom Broom lacks a price on purpose, as it's a unique and difficult to assess item. You'd have to make an extra effort to sell it.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I will forfeit all of my portions and those upcoming to pay for the hammer.

And the wings, if necessary.

Ebiris

Likewise forfeiting my loot share on account of special Ysgard bonuses get.

Anastasia

Adrian got a super-nice sword so he'll join in the no-other-loot conga line.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Tally for stuff. Loot distribution model is 50% on Aurora repairs, 50% split.
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1025716.html#msg1025716

-Greatsword+2, defensive surge and disarming. Effective +5 weapon, and thus worth 50,000gp.
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1024332.html#msg1024332

-Holy Avenger-lite. Effective +5 weapon, give or take. We should probably restore it fully before doing anything at all with it, though.
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1024560.html#msg1024560

-Belt with money and gems. We never really appraised it, and I wonder if we have anyone who can do that, now. Tannin, maybe? EDIT: 5,493gp.
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1026552.html#msg1026552
-Unseen Enemy, minor artifact and thus priceless. Currently in use by Ithea.
-Necklace of Natural Attacks+1, wounding and humiliating. (Humiliating is -1 cha per hit, its from the Gates of Hell and is a +3 enchantment.). Worth 72,600gp.
-There were also rings I destroyed, which were an artifact. That exploded. With me.
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1024817.html#msg1024817

-Orb of DRAGON POWER, consumed by Adrian.
-Shieldshard: Dagger+2, frost. Grants a +4 shield bonus to armor class when carried on person. The shard of a broken magical ice shield, polished to mirror gloss. 50,000 gp. Currently in use by Afina.
-Brokion: Hide Armor+4. Whenever the wearer takes 20 points or more damage in a single strike, he gains a +2 bonus to constitution for 10 minutes. This stacks with itself up to +10. This is the hide of a powerful dire bear. 40,000 gp. Currently in use by Jaela.
-Ointment of Awakening: If rubbed into an animal or plant, has the effects of an awakening spell. 1,500 gp. We're holding onto it for now.
-Stoneheart Ring: Grants damage reduction 10/adamantine while worn. Only functions when the wearer is touching the ground or underground. 30,000gp.
-Greater Girdle of Sex Change: This cursed item works as a normal girdle of sex change. In addition, the wearer must make a DC 35 will save or believe that his or her new gender is superior. They will throw themselves completely into the new gender, acting it up to all the stereotypes. - gp, as it's a cursed item. I'm split on the ethics of selling it, but I guess if someone really wants to have a sex change... if there's consensus on that, I propose asking Tannin. If not, let's just destroy the girdle and be done with it.
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1025235.html#msg1025235

-In total there are 143 masterwork weapons of various sorts and types. The total gold value of them is 44,200gp. The consensus seems to be that it's too troublesome to sell them when we can give them to our soldiers who have shitty gear.
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1025736.html#msg1025736

-1 Striped Toadstool. As the poison in the SRD. Claimed by, uh, Willim, I guess.
-Mushroom Broom. Likewise? No price for it, anyhow.
-4,393 gold, 2 silver and 4 copper.
-Various gemstones totaling 23,038gp
-Tinia's Regret. 50,000gp. Currently in use by Willim.
-Gaelach. Artifact, no price. Currently in use by Adrian.
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1025922.html#msg1025922

-Wings. Mistfall's gift to Willim.
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1026488.html#msg1026488

-Special Ysgard Bonuses. Mistfall's gift to Afina.
http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1026490.html#msg1026490

Corwin

I don't really care about the defending greatsword, the necklace of natural attacks or the stoneheart ring. Depending on whether the 'loth had anything actually worthwhile in his jewels, that could be what we convert to cash at this point. Thoughts?

Incidentally, since we have enough masterwork gear for all of our 100 goons, does that raise their morale?