News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Claiming the dagger from Elena's stash.

Shieldshard: Dagger+2, frost. Grants a +4 shield bonus to armor class when carried on person. The shard of a broken magical ice shield, polished to mirror gloss.

Works as a short sword for a pixie.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Shieldshard: Dagger+2, frost. Grants a +4 shield bonus to armor class when carried on person. The shard of a broken magical ice shield, polished to mirror gloss. 50,000 gp.

Brokion: Hide Armor+4. Whenever the wearer takes 20 points or more damage in a single strike, he gains a +2 bonus to constitution for 10 minutes. This stacks with itself up to +10. This is the hide of a powerful dire bear. 40,000 gp.

Ointment of Awakening: If rubbed into an animal or plant, has the effects of an awakening spell. 1,500 gp.

Stoneheart Ring: Grants damage reduction 10/adamantine while worn. Only functions when the wearer is touching the ground or underground. 30,000 gp.

Greater Girdle of Sex Change: This cursed item works as a normal girdle of sex change. In addition, the wearer must make a DC 35 will save or believe that his or her new gender is superior. They will throw themselves completely into the new gender, acting it up to all the stereotypes. - gp, as it's a cursed item.

Orb of dragon mist power: +2 strength, since Cor asked.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

I think I'll give the hide armor a try during the next fight and see how it goes.

Corwin

-100gp for a Restoration, so much hate for material components

Ebiris

Since fortress upgrades/repairs are going to consume huge amounts of money from now on, I think we should adopt a different loot splitting model... or rather, go back to the Whimsical Sweets model with Aurora filling in for Josa (insert fat joke of your choice here).

In other words, 50% of all loot we get goes into a group fund primarily for fixing our fortress, although other group costs like resurrections/restorations/bribes/salaries can all come out of that as well. The remaining 50% gets split up between everyone as normal.

Thoughts?

Corwin

I'm fine with it. Let's decide on what's next on the upgrade order with a majority vote (Hat tiebreaking if need be)?

For artifacts/priceless items, I propose keeping the existing rule where the person taking one of those is forfitting their share of the loot that time and having a lower priority come another appealing artifact.

Only other possible case is where we get, say, a 100k item in a loot of 200k, and us being broke the person who takes it can't afford to pay for it. What should we do there?

Ebiris

I kind of want to punch someone that does that. I guess we can cross the bridge when we come to it? Maybe they can forfeit their next loot share or something.

Corwin

Merc

I'm fine with the half going to repairs model. Have we decided what we're keeping/selling of what we have so far? Summary of all the stuff so far:

Unclaimed
-Greatsword+2, defensive surge and disarming
-Cold iron longsword+2, holy
-1000g lump worth of weapons/armors
-Necklace of Natural Attacks+1, wounding and humiliating
-Ointment of Awakening
-Stoneheart Ring
-Greater Girdle of Sex Change

Claimed
-Orb of dragon mist power (Adrian)
-Unseen Bracers (Ithea)
-Shieldshard (Afina)
-Brokion (Jaela)
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

-We should keep the Holy Avenger-lite for now. Maybe we'll find a way to restore it all the way back, and in any case, it's a relic going back to Torm before he went nuts, so it could be relevant some day.

-The lump of weapons is not 1,000gp, but 1,000lbs. Given they're all masterwork weapons and how much a weapon like that tends to weigh and cost, that's actually going to be a lot more than just 1k.

-The Ointment of Awakening is both hilarious and fairly cheap, let's hold on to it till we find a worthy tree.

Ebiris

I'm pretty much down with keeping all the stuff we've got so far. Even if we never use it our army might.

Anastasia

Since it's come up, anyone want to make an appraise check on the pile o' weapons Willim lugged back?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

On second thought, Adrian's the only one here who has appraise so he may as well do it.

> roll 1d20+17
* Hatbot --> "Super_Sunshine_Ko rolls 1d20+17 and gets 27." [1d20=10]

In total there are 143 masterwork weapons of various sorts and types. The total gold value of them is 44200 gold. Selling all those at once may take some effort beyond the norm, or selling them off nickel and dime. That assumes that you don't use them for your army; I mention this since you're tallying up loot and you should make an informed decision. Having masterwork weapons would obviously be useful for an army and save money making/buying them later.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on October 02, 2011, 07:20:47 AM
Since fortress upgrades/repairs are going to consume huge amounts of money from now on, I think we should adopt a different loot splitting model... or rather, go back to the Whimsical Sweets model with Aurora filling in for Josa (insert fat joke of your choice here).

In other words, 50% of all loot we get goes into a group fund primarily for fixing our fortress, although other group costs like resurrections/restorations/bribes/salaries can all come out of that as well. The remaining 50% gets split up between everyone as normal.

Thoughts?

I keep my nose out of loot, but I do want an agreed on way of handling rare, artifact and priceless items. I don't care what it is, as long as everyone's good with it.
<Afina> Forever.