Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on December 17, 2011, 06:59:09 AM
As far as prisoners go I've got no problem with releasing all non-devil prisoners so we don't have to waste space/resources on them, and giving them their gear back because it's not like we're at war with whomever they represent.

edit: We may as well get ransoms from the Crimson Banner command for releasing those dudes, since they offered.

Red Crescent Banner, but I don't blame you. I caught myself calling it the Crimson Banner a few times myself. Blargh. Anyway, re-gearing them will deduct 1000 gold from the general mundane gear won, do note this. Ransoming details can be handled next session.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on December 17, 2011, 07:32:06 AM
Destroying the pixie wing book is fine with me. Afina suggests taking them all out of the book and casting them into Air.

Pixie-wing book is destroyed without incident.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on December 17, 2011, 12:55:56 PM
How about asking Tepen to scribe a couple Disjunction scrolls? Prismatic barriers are hateful and eventually we'll end up in situations where we can't bypass them easily.

Do note that disjunction has been houseruled - it'll still have a chance to bring down a prismatic spell, though.

Rod of Cancellation is indeed a one-off item.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Prizes, Army 1. Participated: Afina, Ithea, Jaela, Misalea, Willim, soldiers. 73,080gp

Suggesting to divide it five ways and care for the soldiers from Aurora-bound hoard funds.

---

Hoard. 352,677gp.

Suggesting using our existing scheme to split it two ways. Then, it becomes 176,338.5gp for the leaders, and 176,338.5gp for Aurora improvements and soldier gear.

-Not sure how the first split should go. All PCs + NPCs on the scene, with the others assumed to have taken their trophies? Open to suggestions if this seems like a miser's thing to do.
-On the Aurora side, I'm proposing to use a tenth of it to share between our troops. [17,633.85gp] Think of it as a reversed tithe. I figure people will be pretty happy to earn a little something this way, and might even improve their gear a bit with that?

---

Improvements-wise, how about this? Assuming we have all the prerequisite skills among us, that is.

Make a War/Conference room (Self explanatory.) 0 gold, just talk to Galariel since Medicant has some limited morphic abilities. ---> Illusionary battlefield capacity(Allows illusions to create battlefields and other things at will): 20,000 gold; 1 DC 25 spellcraft check; 3 days ---> Add scrying capacity (Shows battles as they progress, makes strategy and adjustments much faster): 80,000 gold; 2 DC 32 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 32 K:A check; 7 days*.

Repair suites to basic livability: 20,000 gold; 2 DC 25 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 25 K:A&E check; 10 days.

Improve soldier's barracks more (Even happier soldiers and even better morale): 40,000 gold; 1 DC 26 K:A check; 1 DC 26 K:P check; 1 DC 26 K:N check; 13 days.

Portal Compass(Points towards the nearest portal and shows direction and distance): 10,000 gold; 2 DC 23 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 23 K:P check;
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Gift from Carly

Ioun Stone, pale white. This stone has become an ioun stone, a bit of untainted Lifasa infused with a child's innocent hope and prayers against the things that go bump in the night. It grants a +7 bonus to saving throws against fear effects caused by evil outsiders, including the fear aura of a devil. (No price provided, as is it a gift from a child and I presume you won't sell it. If this is in error, say so.)
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I'd like to pass on the stuffed dog to Carly if nobody else is claiming it (I think Cor's currently counting it for hoard/selling?).

I'm willing to pay for it from my share to give it to her if it's currently on the 'sell pile'.

Other than that, I'm fine with splitting with inclusion of NPCs on scene since others are assumed to have picked up trophies of their own. Funnelling some to the rest of the troops also sounds good to me.

I don't really care about the suites at the moment, I'm happy with officer barracks, and would rather fix those up to boost morale of our NPCs since named NPCs tend to use officer barracks like us, rather than looking at suites.

Other things to improve I agree with.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

Suites are for important guests. We can't let Chan's kid stay in the barracks!

Yuthirin

Quote from: Corwin on December 17, 2011, 04:39:36 PM
Prizes, Army 1. Participated: Afina, Ithea, Jaela, Misalea, Willim, soldiers. 73,080gp

Suggesting to divide it five ways and care for the soldiers from Aurora-bound hoard funds.

---

Hoard. 352,677gp.

Suggesting using our existing scheme to split it two ways. Then, it becomes 176,338.5gp for the leaders, and 176,338.5gp for Aurora improvements and soldier gear.

Agreed.

Quote-On the Aurora side, I'm proposing to use a tenth of it to share between our troops. [17,633.85gp] Think of it as a reversed tithe. I figure people will be pretty happy to earn a little something this way, and might even improve their gear a bit with that?

That's only about 44.75 gold apiece, non-weighted by HD. That's with excluding the dire wolves.

QuoteImprovements-wise, how about this? Assuming we have all the prerequisite skills among us, that is.

Make a War/Conference room (Self explanatory.) 0 gold, just talk to Galariel since Medicant has some limited morphic abilities. ---> Illusionary battlefield capacity(Allows illusions to create battlefields and other things at will): 20,000 gold; 1 DC 25 spellcraft check; 3 days ---> Add scrying capacity (Shows battles as they progress, makes strategy and adjustments much faster): 80,000 gold; 2 DC 32 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 32 K:A check; 7 days*.

Repair suites to basic livability: 20,000 gold; 2 DC 25 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 25 K:A&E check; 10 days.

Improve soldier's barracks more (Even happier soldiers and even better morale): 40,000 gold; 1 DC 26 K:A check; 1 DC 26 K:P check; 1 DC 26 K:N check; 13 days.

Portal Compass(Points towards the nearest portal and shows direction and distance): 10,000 gold; 2 DC 23 spellcraft checks; 1 DC 23 K:P check;

Anything we do with the money in improving Aurora will get my vote. Everything is helpful. Barracks and suites would get my initial votes.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Was playing around with loot split, trying to come up with something that sounded decent and wasn't likely to allienate any NPC.

First, I tossed all the loot into a spreadsheet and got a total of 454,099gp. The number is higher than Cor's because I included trophies and the BoVD items since Dune said nothing radiates evil, though I did not include pixie book.

I decided to count Aurora's leaders as the PCs + Adrian, with them getting a larger share than the 9 officers (I did not count Arrel or 27 as officers. Arrel technically is one I guess, but he's a bird/dragon, so doesn't really use loot). Split I came up with were 39.8% Aurora, 27.5% Leaders, 27.5% Officers, 5.2% Soldiers. This also means leaders make about 80% more than officers out of loot.

This comes out to:

• [Aurora] 190,603.49gp for upgrades
    (includes the 9,899.24gp left for future repairs pre-loot as well as 1340gp in books which could go for library upgrades)
  • [Leaders] Jaela, Ithea, Willim, Afina, Adrian - 24,975.5gp each
  • [Officers] Annalise, Tannin, Jarl, Crystal, Lief, Dana, Misalea, Tepen & Drena - 13,834.5gp each
    (more than enough for them to grab their trophies and still have extra money)
  • [Soldiers] 60gp each
Thoughts on this split?

I'm aware this means nobody can really buy off any of the pricier stuff like the duskblade orb or barbarian ring, but even a miser's look at Cor's split wouldn't buy them off (73080/5+176338.5/8=36,658.31gp for PCs instead) and then we'd probably have some unhappy NPCs too since we're keeping such a large share.

That said, I'm still interested in duskblade orb, and I imagine Yuth's still interested in the ring...

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on December 17, 2011, 07:50:22 PM
Was playing around with loot split, trying to come up with something that sounded decent and wasn't likely to allienate any NPC.

First, I tossed all the loot into a spreadsheet and got a total of 454,099gp. The number is higher than Cor's because I included trophies and the BoVD items since Dune said nothing radiates evil, though I did not include pixie book.

I decided to count Aurora's leaders as the PCs + Adrian, with them getting a larger share than the 9 officers (I did not count Arrel or 27 as officers. Arrel technically is one I guess, but he's a bird/dragon, so doesn't really use loot). Split I came up with were 39.8% Aurora, 27.5% Leaders, 27.5% Officers, 5.2% Soldiers. This also means leaders make about 80% more than officers out of loot.

This comes out to:

• [Aurora] 190,603.49gp for upgrades
    (includes the 9,899.24gp left for future repairs pre-loot as well as 1340gp in books which could go for library upgrades)
  • [Leaders] Jaela, Ithea, Willim, Afina, Adrian - 24,975.5gp each
  • [Officers] Annalise, Tannin, Jarl, Crystal, Lief, Dana, Misalea, Tepen & Drena - 13,834.5gp each
    (more than enough for them to grab their trophies and still have extra money)
  • [Soldiers] 60gp each
Thoughts on this split?

NPCs are fine with that split. 27 cares not for money as far as you know. Arrel would like some money however. One's hoard does not grow by itself!

QuoteI'm aware this means nobody can really buy off any of the pricier stuff like the duskblade orb or barbarian ring, but even a miser's look at Cor's split wouldn't buy them off (73080/5+176338.5/8=36,658.31gp for PCs instead) and then we'd probably have some unhappy NPCs too since we're keeping such a large share.

That said, I'm still interested in duskblade orb, and I imagine Yuth's still interested in the ring...

It's up to you on those sort of things. OOC here a moment, they're fairly obviously designed to be nice things for you or NPCs of your choice. This doesn't mean you can't sell them, but bear in mind that these are unique items that you may never see again.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Also, what are you guys going to do with that pair of books?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on December 17, 2011, 09:09:28 PM
NPCs are fine with that split. 27 cares not for money as far as you know. Arrel would like some money however. One's hoard does not grow by itself!
Well, okay, 12,487.72gp for each officer instead, if Arrel counts as one (should have been 13875.25gp also, not 13,834.5gp, for 9 officers)

QuoteIt's up to you on those sort of things. OOC here a moment, they're fairly obviously designed to be nice things for you or NPCs of your choice. This doesn't mean you can't sell them, but bear in mind that these are unique items that you may never see again.
Yeah, I don't want to sell the orb, just saying I can't exactly afford it either with that split. I wanted to see how the other players felt about such a split in the first place though.

I imagine we'd probably end up doing the 'You give up your portion of loot to get item' and owing the remainder to aurora funds from future loot or some such. Alternatively, stuff that's really pricey just doesn't count towards loot, which is what we'd been doing with past loot splits, with people just grabbing stuff and still getting a share of gold (although we've had a lot of unpriced artifacts and such in the mix) and promising to let other people get first pick with next loot.

Corwin

Merc, comments.

-The part where you go 'the dragon doesn't need loot' was pretty funny, but other than that the leaders/officers split works for me.
-I'm not really sure how you came up witht he percentages. Any reason for those numbers?

The part I have a problem with is the way you dealt with the trophies and rolled all our earnings up together. The way I took it, the trophies were a simplified way to account for named characters to grab something shiny along the way without going too much into the details. If we now have to calculate them in and then have them 'buy' those out of their share, it feels needlessly complicated. Can't we just use the trophies as something they grab and then give the officers a share of the loot as extra? Also, the way you added stuff from our army's victories probably accounts for the fact none of us can actually afford any of the shiny things Dune actually put there for us. We have the hoard, which everyone should benefit from as it's our goal. And then we have stuff from people we beat up along the way. I figure the other armies had to have come through their own enemies and gotten their own winnings that way? That stuff's not posted since only NPCs were involved, but unless we are exceedingly lucky and the others just fought monsters with no gear I don't see why we can't separate those two pools of income (ie one for army 1, and the hoard for everyone).

Yuthirin

Quote from: Corwin on December 18, 2011, 02:59:07 AM
Merc, comments.

-The part where you go 'the dragon doesn't need loot' was pretty funny, but other than that the leaders/officers split works for me.
-I'm not really sure how you came up witht he percentages. Any reason for those numbers?

The part I have a problem with is the way you dealt with the trophies and rolled all our earnings up together. The way I took it, the trophies were a simplified way to account for named characters to grab something shiny along the way without going too much into the details. If we now have to calculate them in and then have them 'buy' those out of their share, it feels needlessly complicated. Can't we just use the trophies as something they grab and then give the officers a share of the loot as extra? Also, the way you added stuff from our army's victories probably accounts for the fact none of us can actually afford any of the shiny things Dune actually put there for us. We have the hoard, which everyone should benefit from as it's our goal. And then we have stuff from people we beat up along the way. I figure the other armies had to have come through their own enemies and gotten their own winnings that way? That stuff's not posted since only NPCs were involved, but unless we are exceedingly lucky and the others just fought monsters with no gear I don't see why we can't separate those two pools of income (ie one for army 1, and the hoard for everyone).

That does make it easier, yes.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

QuoteThe part where you go 'the dragon doesn't need loot' was pretty funny, but other than that the leaders/officers split works for me.
I'm assuming you mean the part where we get 80% more than them.

QuoteI'm not really sure how you came up witht he percentages. Any reason for those numbers?
No particular reason for them! I originally just split 25% us, 25% officers, 45% Aurora, 5% soldiers. Then I was just fudging around because of OCD, not wanting to deal with copper coins and such.

QuoteRest of Message
I didn't actually consider that armies had found their own stuff and grabbed other things besides the listed trophies, but that makes sense.

If we consider (a) 5 leaders get 80% more than officers, (b) army 1 loot is split just between us+misalea, (c) 50% of hoard goes to Aurora repairs and the rest goes to those who fought Arandalhaz, (d) 10% of Aurora repairs goes to those who didn't fight Arandalhaz along with whatever trophy they grabbed, then:

Army 1 Loot = 73,080g, splits to:
PCs = 16,041.95g
Misalea = 8,912.2g

Hoard = 356,568g (ignores pixie book and two mysterious tomes), splits to:
Aurora = 160,455.3g
PCs/Adrian=29,173.74g
Misalea/Crystal=16207.65g
Army (394soldiers+8 other officers)= 44.35g

Final result:
Aurora repairs funds are 170,354.54g (including 9,899.24g already in fund)
PCs would get a total of 45,215.69gp each.
Adrian would get 29,173.74g
Misalea would get 25,119.85g
Crystal would get 16,207.65g and her amulet trophy.
Soldiers and remaining officers each get 44.35g plus whatever trophies they grabbed for themselves.

Does this sound reasonable? I can actually barely afford the 70k duskblade orb like that too, just eats into my own cash.