News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

Lemme look it up...found it.

Dragon #332

This issue is all about dragons and their various uses after their timely demise.

Specifically, I speak of pages 49-57.

EDIT: Link removed, but if you want it just let me know, or Google it.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Cloak of the Forest Hunter

These cloaks of elvenkind are dedicated to Solonor Thelandira, elven god of the hunt. When worn, a Cloak of the Forest Hunter grants a +20 competence bonus to hide, listen, move silently, spot and survival checks. In addition, the wearer gains the benefits the following spells at all times: easy trail, endure elements and pass without trace. These cloaks only function for non-evil wearers; any evil creature that puts the cloak on suffers 10d6 points of damage and 3 negative levels.

Due to the conditions of obtaining it, the cloak cannot be removed. Fortunately, water doesn't seem to damage it at all.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I don't really need my ghost-slaying bow, I haven't relied on it at all so far. I want to sell it, and ask Afina to make Gae Trocaire from a masterwork shiftsilver longspear into a +1 Merciful shiftsilver longspear. Is that okay?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Merc

I was planning on asking Afina to make a shiftsilver glaive with ghost touch & holy enchantment since Afina said she could easily do a +4 weapon with change leftover on my budget. That said...

Before I specifically ask Afina for such, an additional question for Dune:

Say if I were to ask Afina to use one of Arandalhaz's bones (and maybe some of his scales and/or blood) in the construction of the weapon, probably serving primarily as the haft...then say if I were to ask her to use the remains of the spent orb-blade in the construction as well so the weapon can better channel arcane power...and furthermore say if I were to also specifically channel into the construction the the two remaining uses of prismatic spray I grabbed when I used vampiric touch on Arandalhaz...and I dunno, mix in extra money into the cost with gems, arcane components, or whatever to help stabilize the process...could I get some cool original weapon ability from that which was either blue dragon/prismatic spray themed? >_>

If I have to, I'll roll spellcraft to find out if such a thing would result in awesomeness or just waste money and perfectly good weapon components!

But yeah, want to see if I can get something unique out of doing something like that, and we do have dragon corpses to spare at the moment.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Go 'head and roll spellcraft. I'll answer this tonight, may as well have a roll handy.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

[19:23] <Ithea> roll d20+27 spellcraft (+2 from inspiration)
[19:23] * Hatbot --> "Ithea rolls d20+27 spellcraft (+2 from inspiration) and gets 44." [d20=17]
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Corwin

I might as well revamp my weapons altogether. First, what I have and what I paid for them:

Gae Bolg (Changeling Divine Wrath Fiend Bane Frystalline Longspear +1): 22,000gp
Gae Dioltas (9,210gp, Valorous Shiftsilver Lance +1): 7,700+503.33=8,203.33gp
Sehanine's Grace (4,900gp, Masterwork Serren Composite Longbow +6 [ghost touch]) + 60 arrows (3gp): 4,903gp
Masterwork Shiftsilver longspear: 501.67gp
Masterwork steel longspear: 101.67gp

=35,709.67gp

I'll also sell the Helm of Disguise (1,800gp) that I never actually used and probably never will, considering how Detect Good works and how I never actually bluff.

What I want Afina to make for me, if she doesn't mind:

Gae Bolg MkII: Fiend Bane Sacred Shiftsilver Shortspear +1 [501.67+8,700gp]
Gae Dioltas MkII: Valorous Mighty Smiting Shiftsilver Lance +1 [503.33+8,700gp]
Gae Trocaire: Merciful Transmuting Shiftsilver Shortspear +1 [501.67+15,700gp]
Gae Dearg: Binding Shiftsilver Shortspear +1 [501.67+3,700gp]

=38,808.34gp

My balance after this: 1,736.02+35,709.67+1,800-38,808.34 = 437.35gp

Any objections?

Ebiris

Afina is going to sell Shieldshard giving her 58,912.02gp. Then she's going to make a +8 weapon for 54,400gp (128k base price, halved to 64k for crafting, minus 15% to get 54,400). It will be made of Shiftsilver for an additional 501.67gp, so total cost to make ofo 54,901.67g. Leaving her with 4,010.35gp

It will be a small short sword +2 with the holy, anarchic, evil outsider bane, and lawful outsider bane properties.

She will call it Tanlladwyr.

Strike all that, need to drop something to make it legal pre-epic. Will come back to later...

Corwin

Huh, forgot about that. So my balance actually is:

35,709.67+1,800+1,736.02-501.67-8,700*85%-503.33-8,700*85%-501.67-15,700*85%-501.67-3,700*85%
39,245.69 - 2,008.34 - 36,800*85% = 5,957.35gp

Ebiris

Afina is going to sell Shieldshard giving her 58,912.02gp. Then she's going to make a +8 weapon for 54,400gp (128k base price, halved to 64k for crafting, minus 15% to get 54,400). It will be made of Shiftsilver for an additional 501.67gp, so total cost to make ofo 54,901.67g. Leaving her with 4,010.35gp

It will be a small short sword +5 with the holy and evil outsider bane properties.

She will call it Hywelbane.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on January 13, 2012, 05:22:31 PM
I don't really need my ghost-slaying bow, I haven't relied on it at all so far. I want to sell it, and ask Afina to make Gae Trocaire from a masterwork shiftsilver longspear into a +1 Merciful shiftsilver longspear. Is that okay?

Sale goes without incident.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on January 13, 2012, 09:21:20 PM
I was planning on asking Afina to make a shiftsilver glaive with ghost touch & holy enchantment since Afina said she could easily do a +4 weapon with change leftover on my budget. That said...

Before I specifically ask Afina for such, an additional question for Dune:

Say if I were to ask Afina to use one of Arandalhaz's bones (and maybe some of his scales and/or blood) in the construction of the weapon, probably serving primarily as the haft...then say if I were to ask her to use the remains of the spent orb-blade in the construction as well so the weapon can better channel arcane power...and furthermore say if I were to also specifically channel into the construction the the two remaining uses of prismatic spray I grabbed when I used vampiric touch on Arandalhaz...and I dunno, mix in extra money into the cost with gems, arcane components, or whatever to help stabilize the process...could I get some cool original weapon ability from that which was either blue dragon/prismatic spray themed? >_>

If I have to, I'll roll spellcraft to find out if such a thing would result in awesomeness or just waste money and perfectly good weapon components!

But yeah, want to see if I can get something unique out of doing something like that, and we do have dragon corpses to spare at the moment.

It's entirely possible. Since I'm busy right now, why don't you try your hand at designing something like that? If it's decent I'll approve it. If not I'll work on it but it may be awhile.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on January 14, 2012, 12:55:56 PM
I might as well revamp my weapons altogether. First, what I have and what I paid for them:

Gae Bolg (Changeling Divine Wrath Fiend Bane Frystalline Longspear +1): 22,000gp
Gae Dioltas (9,210gp, Valorous Shiftsilver Lance +1): 7,700+503.33=8,203.33gp
Sehanine's Grace (4,900gp, Masterwork Serren Composite Longbow +6 [ghost touch]) + 60 arrows (3gp): 4,903gp
Masterwork Shiftsilver longspear: 501.67gp
Masterwork steel longspear: 101.67gp

=35,709.67gp

I'll also sell the Helm of Disguise (1,800gp) that I never actually used and probably never will, considering how Detect Good works and how I never actually bluff.

What I want Afina to make for me, if she doesn't mind:

Gae Bolg MkII: Fiend Bane Sacred Shiftsilver Shortspear +1 [501.67+8,700gp]
Gae Dioltas MkII: Valorous Mighty Smiting Shiftsilver Lance +1 [503.33+8,700gp]
Gae Trocaire: Merciful Transmuting Shiftsilver Shortspear +1 [501.67+15,700gp]
Gae Dearg: Binding Shiftsilver Shortspear +1 [501.67+3,700gp]

=38,808.34gp

My balance after this: 1,736.02+35,709.67+1,800-38,808.34 = 437.35gp

Any objections?

No objections, pending on finding out what binding does. What does binding do?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on January 15, 2012, 04:08:23 PM

It will be a small short sword +5 with the holy and evil outsider bane properties.

She will call it Hywelbane.

That's fine, goes without incident. What's Hywelbane mean? Sounds sorta Wales-y.
<Afina> Forever.