News:

"With great power comes the opportunity to abuse that power."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Quote from: CorwinTo fix my sundered weapon, do I need to basically commission a brand new one?
Not quite as much, thankfully, from experience with my glaive when it was sundered. It's half the comission cost to repair a weapon, so with our discounts it'll be 1/8th price total.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 27, 2012, 03:59:51 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on August 26, 2012, 11:13:45 PM
Yeah, I copy/pasted Cor's last list and I didn't realize it wasn't up to date. I'll do that in a bit. Thanks for the catch, I should've caught that myself.

It is up to date, in the sense that it is our general army configuration. Any special changes (such as temporarily poaching people from the various armies for our special teams) isn't reflected in that. It's basically what should be in the Aurora topic, and our plans modify it.

Right-o.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 27, 2012, 04:08:26 AM-Yeah, nothing really works for me from the loot so that's what I'll be doing. Skull of the Necropolis and Staff of the Jaded Heart could benefit the Aurora, and Yuth seems to be into the latter so I'll try for the former. Might as well give the Robes of the Necrolyte a try as well, since I grabbed so many of them.

Okayo. Figure out which ones you want to work on and post them. If you're taking any steps beyond consulting with the Triune Goddess, say so too.

Quote-Anaxar is basically a +13 weapon?

It's a +21 weapon. +9 for enchantment and +6 for both axiomatic power and unholy power. (See here.)

Quote-To fix my sundered weapon, do I need to basically commission a brand new one?

Yes. Your weapon was the victim of Absorb Dweomer from a Shattering Knight. Even if repaired, it will be a non-magical weapon, so you need to start from scratch.

Quote-I think I'll still be over 120k in debt after all this.

At least you aren't the only one in debt, if that's any consolation at all.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on August 27, 2012, 07:00:21 AM
Afina doesn't want any of the loot (except the leaf but she's not worthy) so she'll take the cash.

If we can get the letter from Dagos into Abigor's hands (not that I don't want to see him die horribly) it could cause some chaos we can take advantage of. Can someone roll planes to get the name of a courier Abigor uses so I can planar bind it and send it to deliver the letter to Abigor?

As for evil stuff she's open to Elena's suggestions but otherwise is happy to blow them up or have folks try and redeem them.

Okay. Feel free to have a PC or NPC roll this at your desire, Afina.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Yuthirin

Muirfinn will give the Necrocarnin over to the generals with a note on what he has discovered, along with a note on it to keep Mind Blank up if it is read, and to have a healer nearby just in case.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

Muirfinn will also pray over the staff to see if there is a way to either purify it or destroy it.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

Okay, since Yuth now clearly chose the staff let me see what the Triune thinks of the skull. I can't help but think back to B1 and the gem that became the foundation of the Hallow for Mystra's temple, so we'll see if something cool for the Aurora/Aurora's defenses can be worked out here. Depending on the answer, I might either go for it after Ebony resolves or switch to something else.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on August 27, 2012, 01:02:12 PM
Muirfinn will give the Necrocarnin over to the generals with a note on what he has discovered, along with a note on it to keep Mind Blank up if it is read, and to have a healer nearby just in case.

Okay, is anyone gonna do anything with it then?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on August 27, 2012, 01:03:59 PM
Muirfinn will also pray over the staff to see if there is a way to either purify it or destroy it.

Okay.

Muirfinn understands that the Staff of the Jaded Heart cannot be redeemed. It must instead be destroyed, as it is a symbol of deadened hearts and unfeeling, inexorable damnation. It can be destroyed by splashing it with the tears of a fiend who has accepted the hope and mercy Good can provide. You have 9 days to do so - otherwise it will invariably slip away from Aurora's grasp, as it cannot stand or abide the righteousness in your hearts.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

-I'm fine with locking the necromancy tome in our vault. There's no pressing need to destroy it (though I can pray to the Triune to make sure of that), but I don't want it to just be widely available. I don't think we presently have anyone who wants or needs it.

-I'll introduce you to a suitable fiend, Yuth, if you like.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 27, 2012, 01:13:33 PM
Okay, since Yuth now clearly chose the staff let me see what the Triune thinks of the skull. I can't help but think back to B1 and the gem that became the foundation of the Hallow for Mystra's temple, so we'll see if something cool for the Aurora/Aurora's defenses can be worked out here. Depending on the answer, I might either go for it after Ebony resolves or switch to something else.

The skull needs to be destroyed. Fortunately it is not an artifact, so submerging it in holy water and having it smashed should suffice. Thereafter, add in the blood of a celestial and the torn scraps of a Scroll of Hallow and the resulting mixture will become a powerful, sanctified potion.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 27, 2012, 01:29:54 PM
-I'm fine with locking the necromancy tome in our vault. There's no pressing need to destroy it (though I can pray to the Triune to make sure of that), but I don't want it to just be widely available. I don't think we presently have anyone who wants or needs it.

Fair enough, though it pends on if Ithea/Afina have any suggestions here. Do you two?

Quote-I'll introduce you to a suitable fiend, Yuth, if you like.

Who do you have in mind?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

-I'll do that. Do I subtract the costs of the scroll, or does it need to be IC?

-Robes of the Necrolyte. Might be fun to have those, and they'd make a great gift if remade. Let's pray over them.

-Antenora. Even if she somehow isn't applicable due to rules-lawyering, she would still be the best bet since she has my erinyes pals and probably others, some of which might be able and willing to help out. Or Yuth could slip Candy an onion, she seems very accepting.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on August 27, 2012, 01:45:17 PM-Robes of the Necrolyte. Might be fun to have those, and they'd make a great gift if remade. Let's pray over them.

That one'll be a quest. Let me know when you're interested in doing that and we'll do it IC.

Quote-Antenora. Even if she somehow isn't applicable due to rules-lawyering, she would still be the best bet since she has my erinyes pals and probably others, some of which might be able and willing to help out. Or Yuth could slip Candy an onion, she seems very accepting.

Okay, duly noted.
<Afina> Forever.