News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Try to bring it together more, come up with a coherent theme. Staves follow a theme, look at the ones on the SRD. Alternately, look at this homebrew staff.

Staff of Mass Rejuvenation

This staff was commissioned to further enhance Hanna's healing abilities.

Mass Lesser Vigor (1 charge)
Mass Restoration (2 charges)
Mass Cure Critical Wounds (2 charges)
Mass Heal (3 charges)

Strong conjuration; CL 17th; mass cure critical wounds, mass heal, mass lesser vigor, mass rejuvenation; 127937.5 gold.

A staff should have a theme that's simple enough to distill into the name of the staff. Like a staff of fire, staff of frost and so on and so forth.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alrighty, how's this look:

Energy Immunity, Protection from Spells, Repulsion, and Energy Absorption. Theme is Energy/Planar defense.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

I could see it, sure. Got a name for it?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Not really. Staff of Energy Defense?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Changes to staff of energy defense:

Energy Immunity, Resistance to Energy, Repulsion, and Energy Absorption.

Anastasia

Staff of Energy Defense

This staff provides excellent options for protecting yourself from elemental damage.

Resistance to Energy (1 charge)
Repulsion (1 charge)
Energy Absorption (1 charge)
Energy Immunity (1 charge)

Overwhelming abjuration; CL 21st; resistance to energy, repulsion, energy absorption, energy immunity; 303187.5 gold.

Now as Afina noted, she can't make epic staffs. Which means no Aurora discount, so that's a 300k buy in. Obviously expensive, so finding ways to mitigate the price is key.

- Don't use spells above 9th level. This makes it steam pixie eligible and thus Aurora's discount applies. In this case, you may want to find another energy protection spell or homebrew one up. Also, that means you could have a staff CL lower than 21, which would help the price as well.
- Have the more expensive spells take more than one charge. If a spell takes two charges, you halve the price of that spell for the staff. That would save you approximately 80k for energy immunity, so somewhere in the ballpark of 220k. You could have it cost three charges and knock it down to 1/3rd of the normal price. That would save you about 100k, so 200k or so. Both of those are ballpark and without doing the math.
- Try and recruit someone who can make epic staves. Possible but a quest unto itself and would delay the staff until it's done.

Math:[spoiler]

Base prices for each spell.

7875, 23625, 41343.75, 78750

However, that's the material cost, not the market cost. The market cost is double that.

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Well, I certainly can't afford it ATM, so I'll have to rework it or do some recruitment after the vault and hydras are dealt with.

Corwin

+20k to our team from selling the erinyes weapons.

Not sure how much the coin bags+gold ring from here are worth, so I'd appreciate a response. http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1071598.html#msg1071598

Also, don't think this was ever posted in loot: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103797.msg1070337.html#msg1070337

Finally, -1,650gp for the lvl6 scroll of Elle's Electric Elevation: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103797.msg1071969.html#msg1071969
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 24, 2016, 04:40:28 PM
+20k to our team from selling the erinyes weapons.

Not sure how much the coin bags+gold ring from here are worth, so I'd appreciate a response. http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1071598.html#msg1071598

87 gold, 31 silver and 39 copper for the coin bag contents and 300 gold for the ring.

QuoteAlso, don't think this was ever posted in loot: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103797.msg1070337.html#msg1070337

It wasn't in detail. It's 5000 gold in total.

QuoteFinally, -1,650gp for the lvl6 scroll of Elle's Electric Elevation: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,103797.msg1071969.html#msg1071969

Done.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Purchasing 10x materials for Awaken Magical Beast. After discounts at 1,000gp each, that's 10,000gp, leaving Surraruthru with 30,413.13gp,

Edit: Mathed wrong. Surraruthru is in the hole for 5,586.87 gold for these ten. The cost for the remaining 25, or rather the 27 since he can only afford 8 for this instead of 10, is 108,000gp. So unless we use the pearls to pay for it, I's broke and need a loan.

Edit 2: after the full cost of the remaining awakenings is deducted from the loot we have so far (pearls, ring, assorted), there'd be 17,810.13gp remaining from the loot. Split that between Kascha and Ebony, since Surraruthru spent way more than his share on this little side-project, leaving him at 0 monies. Vaulting needs to happen.

Anastasia

Moore gift

1 silver coin of prophecy.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

20k+5k+300gp-1,650gp + enough of the coins to reach 23,739gp. Divided by three to myself, Mirima and Ellese that's 7,913gp each.

Added to my 162.10gp, and I'll pay 8,000gp towards Dana's armor.
Old debt: 54,800gp
New debt: 46,800gp

75.10gp left to me.

Corwin

Electric scroll gets copied to the Aurora library and the spell shown to Candy~

Ebiris

Elena wants an extra body to help out, after discounts it'd cost 30,000gp, Afina can trivially make the arcana checks needed. Any objections?

Will put the Aurora fund at 127,862.45g if we go for it.