Main Menu

Loot thread 3: Booty, broads and booze!

Started by Anastasia, August 23, 2011, 02:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on January 11, 2017, 07:30:46 PM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on January 11, 2017, 06:30:53 PM
Also interested in:

Heart of Fire: This is not clothing, but a special gem Azuril created in his works. It grants one creature the fire subtype, permanently. Only one is in stock, so buy now if you want it. 100,000 gold.

As to this, my plan was to use it in conjunction with the Dragonheart in research to become a true dragon. But thinking about it, since the dragonheart is a red dragon heart, would adding the Heart of Fire into it really do anything?

I mean, it's meta-gaming as hell, but I don't really want to spend 100k gold and wind up with it just being redundant.

Fair enough, make an K:A check.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on January 11, 2017, 08:10:53 PM
Clearly it would apply More Fire. As everyone knows, More Fire always makes things better!

I hope you're up for pyrodryad glomps in your immediate future.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Nephrite on January 06, 2017, 04:37:16 PM
I'll have to get some help on the math, but Moore would like to have a ring made of the following:

+15 to Diplomacy
+15 Perform (Oratory)
+15 Perform (String Instruments)

The above is 5,625gp x3, right?

EDIT: What type of bonuses are these, anyway? Competence? Enhancement?

How much is a +5 Knowledge Prism? I don't see a cost listed anywhere for them.

What would be involved in boosting the bonus of the Vest of Legends from +5 to +15?

EDIT2: Is getting permanent Freedom of Movement too strong?

EDIT3: I'd like to add Harmonizing to the Divine Inspiration Harp if possible. I probably need to dig up all the things that went into it originally...

EDIT4: What would it cost to add the Anklet of Translocation power (teleport 10ft 2/day) to my Boots of Temporal Acceleration? Either that or the Belt of Wide Earth teleport effect (He doesn't need the carrying capacity part) (MIC, 204) to his own belt?

EDIT5: Is it possible to add the Third Eye (Clarity) effect (MIC, 141) to Cloud Dancer's Mask?

EDIT6: He'd also like to look into the cost of adding the Soulfire property to his armor (+4, it's from BoED) maybe trade the "death effects" into "ability damage" and just keep it as a +4 enhancement? Your call on this.

More to come, probably...

Either way I know he'll get this so far:

Amulet of Natural Armor, 12.5k after discounts

Reposting.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Anastasia on January 11, 2017, 09:19:59 PM
Quote from: Yuthirin on January 11, 2017, 08:10:53 PM
Clearly it would apply More Fire. As everyone knows, More Fire always makes things better!

I hope you're up for pyrodryad glomps in your immediate future.

Sure, I dig dryads.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

I'll have to get some help on the math, but Moore would like to have a ring made of the following:

+15 to Diplomacy
+15 Perform (Oratory)

If you're aiming for something ala the cloak or boots of elvenkind, it's competence. That's standard for skill boosters. Are you?

QuoteHow much is a +5 Knowledge Prism? I don't see a cost listed anywhere for them.

From an old post: Sage Vul'lath has 17378.52 gold. He'll pay 12500 gold to get a knowledge prism+5. 4878.52 gold left. He'll hang onto it for the moment. 

Note that's after Aurora discount, sot the real price is 50000 gold before that. They're extremely useful (and hail from B1, Sylvie got one in B2 since B1 made them a thing) but a bit expensive.

QuoteWhat would be involved in boosting the bonus of the Vest of Legends from +5 to +15?

What does the vest of legends boost there?

QuoteEDIT2: Is getting permanent Freedom of Movement too strong?

No, just expensive. Do note the houserule about it.

QuoteEDIT3: I'd like to add Harmonizing to the Divine Inspiration Harp if possible. I probably need to dig up all the things that went into it originally...

Please do and lay out precisely what you're doing with it.

QuoteEDIT4: What would it cost to add the Anklet of Translocation power (teleport 10ft 2/day) to my Boots of Temporal Acceleration? Either that or the Belt of Wide Earth teleport effect (He doesn't need the carrying capacity part) (MIC, 204) to his own belt?

Anklets and boots both deal with movement, so I'd rule the off slot multiplier wouldn't apply. So apply the MIC doubler than a 1.5 modifier for stacking it onto the boots. Show your math.

QuoteEDIT5: Is it possible to add the Third Eye (Clarity) effect (MIC, 141) to Cloud Dancer's Mask?

Sure, if you want to improve something you're borrowing. Costs would be the MIC doubler first, the stacking modifier of 1.5. No offslot since it's the same slot.

QuoteEDIT6: He'd also like to look into the cost of adding the Soulfire property to his armor (+4, it's from BoED) maybe trade the "death effects" into "ability damage" and just keep it as a +4 enhancement? Your call on this.

What's your armor as is, first of all?

Go ahead and include my previous quotes in this, since referencing those will help keep this straight.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on January 11, 2017, 09:19:32 PM

> Roll 1d20+40+20 K:A/Moore Bonus - Serith
<Serith> Iddy roll for Serith < 76 > [d20=16]
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on January 11, 2017, 09:51:46 PM

+15 to Diplomacy
+15 Perform (Oratory)

If you're aiming for something ala the cloak or boots of elvenkind, it's competence. That's standard for skill boosters. Are you?

Yes, but looking at it, it looks like the Vest of Legends also does competence, so is there a way to get it to be enhancement? Otherwise I can just boost the vest and get a different ring.

QuoteHow much is a +5 Knowledge Prism? I don't see a cost listed anywhere for them.

From an old post: Sage Vul'lath has 17378.52 gold. He'll pay 12500 gold to get a knowledge prism+5. 4878.52 gold left. He'll hang onto it for the moment. 

Note that's after Aurora discount, sot the real price is 50000 gold before that. They're extremely useful (and hail from B1, Sylvie got one in B2 since B1 made them a thing) but a bit expensive.

Okay, that's fine. He should have the money to afford that.

QuoteWhat would be involved in boosting the bonus of the Vest of Legends from +5 to +15?

What does the vest of legends boost there?

+5 competence to diplomacy and perform

QuoteEDIT2: Is getting permanent Freedom of Movement too strong?

No, just expensive. Do note the houserule about it.

So noted, I will double check it.

QuoteEDIT3: I'd like to add Harmonizing to the Divine Inspiration Harp if possible. I probably need to dig up all the things that went into it originally...

Please do and lay out precisely what you're doing with it.

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,101784.msg1061201.html#msg1061201 Here is the post detailing it. Harmonizing is a +1 enchant from MIC that continues bardic music for 10 rounds.

QuoteEDIT4: What would it cost to add the Anklet of Translocation power (teleport 10ft 2/day) to my Boots of Temporal Acceleration? Either that or the Belt of Wide Earth teleport effect (He doesn't need the carrying capacity part) (MIC, 204) to his own belt?

Anklets and boots both deal with movement, so I'd rule the off slot multiplier wouldn't apply. So apply the MIC doubler than a 1.5 modifier for stacking it onto the boots. Show your math.

I appreciate that you don't trust me with math anymore. 1400 * 2 * 1.5 = 4200. Is this reduced by 75%?

QuoteEDIT5: Is it possible to add the Third Eye (Clarity) effect (MIC, 141) to Cloud Dancer's Mask?

Sure, if you want to improve something you're borrowing. Costs would be the MIC doubler first, the stacking modifier of 1.5. No offslot since it's the same slot.

3000 * 2 * 1.5 = 9000. Is this reduced by 75%? I guess this is the same as the other question.

QuoteEDIT6: He'd also like to look into the cost of adding the Soulfire property to his armor (+4, it's from BoED) maybe trade the "death effects" into "ability damage" and just keep it as a +4 enhancement? Your call on this.

What's your armor as is, first of all?

Armor is at +7 total enhancement.

Go ahead and include my previous quotes in this, since referencing those will help keep this straight.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on January 11, 2017, 10:47:26 PM

It would be helpful. An aid but not an indispensable one.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Neph reply.

1. No, no enhancement. I generally keep it to competence (enhancement is more of a 3.0 thing for skills anyway) to prevent stacking lots of huge boosters on the same skill via items. It would easier to just upgrade the vest in that case.

2. Cost of improving the vest would be the cost of adding both skills at +15 minus the price of +5.

3. You can't generally stack weapon properties onto non weapons. Before anything else, is there anything equivalent that does harmonize as a wondrous item or other similar thing?

4. More of being careful, I usually check all my math and do it by calculator. Things happen. Anyway, that's correct and yes, Afina's DM terror works would reduce the price of the anklet add on.

5. Same as 4 for the clarity eye.

6. Just keep it as +4, the immunity suite it offers is fine as it is.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

1+2. That's fine. In that case then I think it would be...

15 * 15 * 100 = 22500

- 5*5 * 100 = 2500 = 20000 / 4 = 5000 ?

Also, the vest doesn't specify a Perform bonus, it just says "Perform," so should I specify which one it gives a bonus to?

3. There is not, the only other thing that does something similar is a Crystal Echoblade. It's fine if we can't add it to that, it isn't a huge deal with the Lingering Inspiration.

4+5. 4200+9000/4 = 3300 in this case.

6. Okay. Is it possible to get that enhancement on gloves or a helmet? I currently do not use either of those slots, so I'm looking to try and cover more gear slots.

EDIT: If I have to put it on the armor (I can afford this, so not the biggest deal) I'd like to try and come up with something unique for gauntlets/hands, maybe some sort of boost to sonic spell damage? More bardic music uses? Maybe some sort of utility spell or ability. I'm not exactly sure what my options are there.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on January 12, 2017, 11:48:05 AM
Quote from: Iron Dragoon on January 11, 2017, 10:47:26 PM

It would be helpful. An aid but not an indispensable one.

Okay, in that case I'll pass on it for now. I can save/put the money towards something else and come back to it if it looks like I need it.

Iron Dragoon

Purchasing 6 more Anti-Magic Field Stones @ 6,600gp each, it's 39,600gp, leaving Surraruthru with 70,572.77gp, and then the cost of the books he wanted was 700+300=1000, so he's at 69,572.77gp.

Anastasia

Quote from: Nephrite on January 12, 2017, 12:13:34 PM
1+2. That's fine. In that case then I think it would be...

15 * 15 * 100 = 22500

- 5*5 * 100 = 2500 = 20000 / 4 = 5000 ?

Also, the vest doesn't specify a Perform bonus, it just says "Perform," so should I specify which one it gives a bonus to?

That's all correct.

Quote3. There is not, the only other thing that does something similar is a Crystal Echoblade. It's fine if we can't add it to that, it isn't a huge deal with the Lingering Inspiration.

I could make something, but if you have lingering inspiration anyway it's probably not needed. Less of discouragement and more of DM work triage.

Quote4+5. 4200+9000/4 = 3300 in this case.

Okay.

Quote6. Okay. Is it possible to get that enhancement on gloves or a helmet? I currently do not use either of those slots, so I'm looking to try and cover more gear slots.

Armor enhancement needs to be on armor, same as weapon enhancements need to be on weapons.

QuoteEDIT: If I have to put it on the armor (I can afford this, so not the biggest deal) I'd like to try and come up with something unique for gauntlets/hands, maybe some sort of boost to sonic spell damage? More bardic music uses? Maybe some sort of utility spell or ability. I'm not exactly sure what my options are there.

Elaborate a bit more here?
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on January 12, 2017, 07:17:03 PM
Purchasing 6 more Anti-Magic Field Stones @ 6,600gp each, it's 39,600gp, leaving Surraruthru with 70,572.77gp, and then the cost of the books he wanted was 700+300=1000, so he's at 69,572.77gp.

Sounds good.
<Afina> Forever.

Nephrite

Quote from: Anastasia on January 12, 2017, 10:38:35 PM

QuoteEDIT: If I have to put it on the armor (I can afford this, so not the biggest deal) I'd like to try and come up with something unique for gauntlets/hands, maybe some sort of boost to sonic spell damage? More bardic music uses? Maybe some sort of utility spell or ability. I'm not exactly sure what my options are there.

Elaborate a bit more here?

I'm honestly not sure. Like, maybe it causes sonic spells to do an extra xd6 per bardic music use? I guess I'm looking for what my options are for a glove slot item, since I know a lot of others have custom magic items. I guess if you can give me a general idea of what I can do with glove slots that'd help me a lot.