News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Pollycop and Gossipy

Started by Dracos, December 06, 2011, 12:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Bolt's setting is all over the place.  I expect he'd get wooden boats alright.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Brian

We can discuss OOC things in the OOC thread. ;)

That way people outside of your thread can comment without looking ... odd.  I think I agree with Cy -- Bolt's character in general is really somewhat detached (being as he generally serves as witness/PoV character/Deus ex Machina for his given plotlines).  It makes sense that he's somewhat passive when not pursuing whatever his motivation in the great game is.

My suggestion is to have the Captain (possibly unsure of what else to do), loop the navigator in and get his opinion on things, since the navigator should be mentioned as a ranking crewman, right up there with first mate.

Also, I had a flashback to the pirate theme and 'Swabbie Jon' back in the day.  Drac, you bastard -- I JUST got that joke. :p

~exploding tag~

Arakawa

Quote from: Brian on December 12, 2011, 05:33:29 PM
My suggestion is to have the Captain (possibly unsure of what else to do), loop the navigator in and get his opinion on things, since the navigator should be mentioned as a ranking crewman, right up there with first mate.

Oh, I figured out an idea for what to do... hehe...
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Dracos

Noted.  was assuming folks would just grab what they did get and clash where they didn't, thus starting with something that would be obtuse and exotic to all characters, providing a shared lack of understanding to build off of.

Also =)
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Also:

If you don't make a post doing something, it doesn't happen.  Even if you make a post presuming something got done.  This is really something I am a stickler on.  I will play along with a lot, but one shouldn't be surprised at all if you declare something to have happened without doing it and the scenery turns the camera over to that not being the case.

Specifically answering, no, nobody posted tying up the first mate, so he is very much not tied up.  Unconscious as he's sleeping heavily for his shift, yes, but tied up no.  Would he be hard to tie up?  Probably not at all, but I find that when I start playing off of 'actions that never happened', things get incoherent real quick.
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

QuoteNot-quite fitting decent clothing is still a step up from these rags, so Alberto puts it on. And then binds the man hand and foot for good measure.

Umm... I assumed the first mate was tied up based on this bit.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

^^^^^

(Edit: He beat me to it.)

Sleepy GM was sleepy?

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Apparently.  My botch.  I kept looking up for a post where he tied or bound the man and just wasn't seeing it, so was rather confused where it came from.  Sorry about that Jon.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

I know it was uncomfy getting there, but that sort of clash is exactly what I'd hoped out of the starter: Both of you are now aware you're fellow contenders in the game, and your starting roles have provided a bit of friction and doubt, a lack of evenness that causes question to your strategies.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Again, I'd like to apologize for the slowdown these past two days.  I've been very distracted and that's definitely affected the game.

I fly out tonight, but starting tomorrow we should hopefully start building back momentum toward getting these two starter sections through.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Cy, you're seeming really quiet/removed.  Do you need help?  Are you feeling stuck or is this just your strategy at the moment?
Well, Goodbye.

CyMage

All of the above?  As I mentioned in #sr, I've been doing some job hunting and if I get an interview that  takes me to Toronto.  Bolt is somewhat going with the quiet approach until he figures out more, and he's stuck driving the boat.   He can't go exploring the boat unless we want to go off course. :)
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Dracos

Well, you can stick someone else on it, or let it drift.  It is the middle of the ocean :)

But I just wanted to check.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Jon/Arakawa:

Just waiting to see Alberto's reaction before I write on.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

I replied to Bolt in PM.  Ocean seems to be having a bit of a stumble, but I assume we'll get moving on it tonight.

Arakawa:
Yes, you don't have to worry.  The crew appears incentivized to find it.
Well, Goodbye.