News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Pollycop and Gossipy

Started by Dracos, December 06, 2011, 12:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Talk, if you dare.  This is for random chatter, DM questioning, etc.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

I by the way, will always be watching.  Posts can come at any time.

Anyhow, the finalized rules will show up sometime today.  No major differences are gonna be there.  We're  close to ready to go, so I'll probably start sculpting the worldspace now.  *gets out his sculptor's gloves*  It has been a long time since I ran a game, so I thank everyone for joining in on this warm up venture. :)
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Who's that liar who didn't do finalized rules yesterday?  So lazy.  Anyhow:

Remember to put finalized sheets in the char sheet topic!
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

Will post hopefully-final character sheet later today. One thing I want to change regarding the tentacles: if I put a rule stating that, if one or more tentacles are severed, Ika can forego hit point recovery overnight to instead grow them back (I.e. she gets back either tentacles, or hit points, but not both), is that okay?

(They're not exactly that hard to sever actually, going by the source material.)
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Dracos

Sure.

Generally (while the game may be quite fatal), there won't be significant effort  to remove Traits from players.  Because really, that's less a deadly campaign and more just meanspirited DMing. 
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

I think we have all our sheets.  If anyone else is joining, please get it in tonight.  I will be plotting tomorrow and starting the next day.  =)
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

Question regarding backstory: Is my character in this game due to having assented to it, knowing what the prize is? Or do I assume (current working theory) that she has been snatched out of the ocean by Q without any explanation, just to spice things up?

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

It's been stated that we all agreed to bargains to get this far.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Yup.  While disoriented on where you are and how the heck this applies to the challenges, you are all aware some omnipotent (or close enough that you can't tell the difference) being has made a bargain, promised that whatever happened in it, you would end up being returned without harm, and should you get/find the ribbon, you would be granted 1 wish.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

And we now have our first Energy Point usage and on thinking about it, I decide how I want to handle it:

Please update your sheet when you spend Energy or lose hp.

So if you have 45 EP and you spend 5, edit your sheet to be 40/45 EP.
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

Will do (as soon as I hear how much energy I used up on reading those materials).

---

(from Wm. Blake)

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Sorry for the shorter round today.  Wasn't quite my day.
Well, Goodbye.

Jon

I should note, for the record, that Alberto has no knowledge of the plot of Moby-Dick.

El ingenioso hidalgo don Quijote de la Mancha, yes. But not Moby-Dick.

Dracos

My expectation is that virtually none of the cast has any knowledge of the stories that are being used as the basis.  Alberto is probably one of the few that might have encountered a wood boat before (as almost all of you are a Sci Fi Future background).
Well, Goodbye.